PDA

View Full Version : Biden: Buy a shotgun, buy a shotgun

itshappening
02-19-2013, 04:04 PM
Vice President Joe Biden defended a proposed assault weapons ban on Tuesday during an online town hall.

Biden, responding to a question about what a possible ban would mean for citizens who want to defend themselves, argued that someone can still properly defend themselves without owning an automatic weapon.

"If you want to protect yourself, get a double-barrel shotgun," Biden said during the town hall, which was hosted by Parents Magazine. "You don't need an AR-15. It's harder to aim, it's harder to use and, in fact, you don't need 30 rounds to protect yourself. Buy a shotgun. Buy a shotgun."

Biden's comments come as the Obama administration continues to push a package of new proposals aimed at preventing shooting massacres similar to the one at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., which resulted in 28 deaths. In his State of the Union address earlier in February, President Obama urged Congress to pass legislation adding universal background checks for gun purchasers and at least hold a vote on an assault weapons ban.

Critics argue that an assault weapons ban would not stem gun violence in the United States and would infringe upon Second Amendment rights. Biden brushed aside that criticism on Tuesday, saying the Constitution does allow the federal government to prohibit citizens from owning certain weapons without infringing upon their rights to defend themselves.

"The constitution does allow the government to conclude that there are certain types of weapons that no one can legally own," Biden said.

As an example, Biden said if that weren't the case, citizens could use flamethrowers or grenade launchers used by the military.

Biden added that new gun laws did not mean amending the Second Amendment.

"You don't have to amend the Second Amendment to be able to eliminate assault weapons and limit the number of assault bullets in a clip," Biden said. "And I don't think we should amend the Second Amendment."

Throughout the town hall, Biden repeatedly returned to his general argument on guns: there are measures the federal government can take to reduce gun violence.

"I just think there are a lot of rational things that we can do that will increase the prospect that fewer people will be the victim of gun violence.," Biden said. "And we should."

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/283837-biden-buy-a-shotgun-buy-a-shotgun-#ixzz2LNwSfkky

Anti Federalist
02-19-2013, 04:07 PM
As an example, Biden said if that weren't the case, citizens could use flamethrowers or grenade launchers used by the military.

They have that right, that you fuckers infringed.

dillo
02-19-2013, 04:17 PM
I wouldn't mind if ar 15s were banned. As long as it applied to police and natl guard units.

Expatriate
02-19-2013, 04:29 PM
"If you want to protect yourself, get a double-barrel shotgun," Biden said during the town hall, which was hosted by Parents Magazine. "You don't need an AR-15. It's harder to aim, it's harder to use and, in fact, you don't need 30 rounds to protect yourself. Buy a shotgun. Buy a shotgun."

Then you can be like this guy!

http://static.prisonplanet.com/p/images/february2013/190213target2.jpg

GunnyFreedom
02-19-2013, 04:29 PM
I wouldn't mind if ar 15s were banned. As long as it applied to police and natl guard units.

National Guard, Reserves, and Active branched of the military do not use AR-15's, the use M-16's and M-4's -- which may look similar from the outside, but are mechanically different.

kcchiefs6465
02-19-2013, 04:41 PM
"Assault bullets"

Lmao

Spikender
02-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Buy a shotgun. Buy a shotgun?

Well, I wasn't going to originally buy two, but now that you mention it, not a bad idea.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Vice President Joe Biden defended a proposed assault weapons ban on Tuesday during an online town hall.

Biden, responding to a question about what a possible ban would mean for citizens who want to defend themselves, argued that someone can still properly defend themselves without owning an automatic weapon.

Biden's comments come as the Obama administration continues to push a package of new proposals aimed at preventing shooting massacres similar to the one at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., which resulted in 28 deaths. In his State of the Union address earlier in February, President Obama urged Congress to pass legislation adding universal background checks for gun purchasers and at least hold a vote on an assault weapons ban.

Critics argue that an assault weapons ban would not stem gun violence in the United States and would infringe upon Second Amendment rights. Biden brushed aside that criticism on Tuesday, saying the Constitution does allow the federal government to prohibit citizens from owning certain weapons without infringing upon their rights to defend themselves.

"The constitution does allow the government to conclude that there are certain types of weapons that no one can legally own," Biden said.

Biden added that new gun laws did not mean amending the Second Amendment.

"You don't have to amend the Second Amendment to be able to eliminate assault weapons and limit the number of assault bullets in a clip," Biden said. "And I don't think we should amend the Second Amendment."

Throughout the town hall, Biden repeatedly returned to his general argument on guns: there are measures the federal government can take to reduce gun violence.

"I just think there are a lot of rational things that we can do that will increase the prospect that fewer people will be the victim of gun violence.," Biden said. "And we should."

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/283837-biden-buy-a-shotgun-buy-a-shotgun-#ixzz2LNwSfkky

When weapons are all allowed to be classified differently as military and militia grade, then the next step the government will take is regulating quality into the military grade weaponry and the quality out of the militia grade weaponry.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-19-2013, 05:51 PM

What you don't understand is how there isn't an issue here. It doesn't matter what you mind or don't mind. Infringe means infringe and that means they shall not! That means the criminals and the insane people have the right to bear arms as well. Lord knows we are going to need every criminal and insane person manning a gun when it comes time to make a stand.

green73
02-19-2013, 06:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HHZ7zXLvOkY
http://youtu.be/HHZ7zXLvOkY

BSU kid
02-20-2013, 01:49 PM
Reuters/Trib

WASHINGTON -- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden's advice for self-defense: Buy a shotgun, not an assault rifle.

Biden, who is spearheading a push for President Barack Obama's gun control proposals, dispensed this off-the-cuff tip for protecting life and property during an online question-and-answer session on Facebook on Tuesday.

The vice president has not one but two shotguns that he says he keeps in a locked cabinet at his house in his home state of Delaware, and he has given his wife, Jill, explicit instructions on how to deal with any would-be intruder.

"We live in an area that's wooded and secluded," Biden said. "I said, Jill, if there's ever a problem just walk out on the balcony here ... put that double-barreled shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house."

Full Story:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-joe-biden-shotgun-20130220,0,1822293.story

dannno
02-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Is it safe to just shoot up in the air like that? Is there a better option like shooting the ground, if you can see it?

phill4paul
02-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Is it safe to just shoot up in the air like that? Is there a better option like shooting the ground, if you can see it?

Best option is not to fire until you have target acquisition. Especially if you only have two rounds.

bunklocoempire
02-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Sez the guy with a Secret Service detail. What a dick.

Darguth
02-20-2013, 02:51 PM
You just can't fix stupid.

SWATH
02-20-2013, 03:02 PM
I believe firing warning shots is illegal in most if not all states.

jkr
02-20-2013, 03:13 PM
WHY CANT U TERRORUSESS LISTEN TO THE WISE MAN?!?!?

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4665013997930987&pid=1.7&w=193&h=110&c=7&rs=1
only one barrel on MINE uncle JOE, i hope thats ok...

GunnyFreedom
02-20-2013, 03:26 PM
I believe firing warning shots is illegal in most if not all states.

Correct. No matter how safely you do it. Tell the mugger to stop while you dig out a level IV trap box, poke the muzzle inside of it and fire a warning shot. Guess who's guilty of public endangerment?

:mad:

paulbot24
02-20-2013, 04:31 PM
I'll tell my felon friends what Biden said. Wait, their rights have already been infringed, or should I say eviscerated. NM.

liveandletlive
02-20-2013, 04:42 PM

yea they do that in Iraq all the time lol

KingNothing
02-20-2013, 04:49 PM
Well, he's kinda right that a shotgun is better in almost every case.

But his intention is ridiculous.

oyarde
02-20-2013, 11:59 PM
I only have around eight shotguns , after listening to that dumb shit, I may need more, and a 12 pack to erase it from my memory .

Bman
02-21-2013, 12:50 AM
Let me sum this up as best that I can...

WHAT A DOUCHE!!!

kcchiefs6465
02-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Well, he's kinda right that a shotgun is better in almost every case.

But his intention is ridiculous.
Uh huh. Well, since this appears to be the case, [and I would hate to argue with a gun expert of the likes of Joe Biden] I submit that LE and SWAT should only have double barrel shotguns. (for their safety of course) His security should only have double barrel shotguns. In fact, he should not have security. He should be forced to protect himself the same as any other man, with a double barrel shotgun.

And wtf is an assault bullet?

Pericles
02-21-2013, 11:26 AM
I don't do shotguns:

http://chivethebrigade.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/m203-500-10.jpg?w=500

kcchiefs6465
02-21-2013, 11:30 AM
I don't do shotguns:

http://chivethebrigade.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/m203-500-10.jpg?w=500
Nothing like a good ol' fashioned flare launcher. ;)

chudrockz
02-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Anyone busting into our house in the middle of the night will receive sixteen warning shots to the chest. Six from the Mossberg and ten from the Glock.

pacodever
02-21-2013, 11:35 AM
And wtf is an assault bullet?

http://s18.postimage.org/kgl6c1deh/bullet_bill_clip_art_7353.jpg