PDA

View Full Version : Another 'Teacher of the Year' Admits to Sex with Student

green73
02-19-2013, 03:12 PM
http://riehlworldview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/erica_depalo2.jpg

A former Essex County, New Jersey teacher of the year has admitted having sex with a 15-year-old boy enrolled in an honors class she taught.

Erica DePalo pleaded guilty Tuesday to child endangerment. In return, county prosecutors will recommend she get lifetime parole supervision when she's sentenced in April.

DePalo will also have to register as a sex offender and forfeit her teacher's license. She declined comment after entering her plea.

Prosecutors say the 33-year-old Montclair resident had a brief sexual relationship with a student in her honors English class at West Orange High School. She initially was charged with aggravated sexual assault and sexual, and could have faced up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

Prosecutors say the boy's family approved of the plea deal.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Former-Teacher-of-Year-Admits-to-Sex-with-Student-191844581.html

Uriel999
02-19-2013, 06:01 PM
Que South Park reference in 3...2...1...

green73
02-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Now that Danke and Confederate are banned I'll stop posting stories like this.

Dr.3D
02-19-2013, 06:06 PM
Wow, I'll bet a lot of boys wish they would be subjected so something called "child endangerment", in that fashion.

coastie
02-19-2013, 06:12 PM
Effexor? Seroquel? Prozac? Zoloft? Paxil? Celexa?

http://ssristories.com/index.php?p=teacher

Affair With Minor Effexor* 2011-02-05 Canada *Woman School Teacher Who Molested 15 Year Old Male Student Found Not Guilty: Effexor Insanity
Affair With Minor Antidepressants 2007-12-10 Canada +Woman School Teacher Accused of Affair with 13 Year Old Male Student
Affair With Minor Med For Depression & ADHD 2010-11-13 Utah +Woman School Teacher Found Guilty of Affair with Two 15 Year Old Male Students
Affair With Minor Prozac 2001-09-01 Utah +Woman School Teacher Gets Jail for Sexual Abuse of 16 Year Old Boy
Affair With Minor Med For Depression 2008-07-17 Wisconsin +Woman School Teacher Has Affair with 13 Year Old Boy
Affair With Minor Paxil/Wellbutrin 2004-12-03 Florida +Woman School Teacher Has Affair with 14 Year Old Boy
Affair With Minor Antidepressants 2007-12-11 New York +Woman School Teacher Has Affair with 15 Year Old Male Student
Affair With Minor Prozac/Wellbutrin 2006-06-22 New Hampshire +Woman School Teacher Has Affair with 16 Year Old Boy
Affairs With Minors SSRIs 2009-04-18 Idaho/Global +Woman School Teacher Has Affair With Male Teen Student: SSRI: More Bipolar: More Women Pedophiles
Affair With Minor Celexa 2009-04-23 New York +Woman School Teacher Molests 13 Year Old Male Student
Affair With Minor Antidepressant Withdrawal 2010-03-30 New York +Woman School Teacher Molests 14 Year Old Male Student
Affair With Minor Med For Depression 2011-11-01 Alabama +Woman School Teacher Molests 15 Year Old Male Student
Affair With Minor/Murder Prozac 1990-05-19 New Hampshire +Woman School Teacher Molests 15 Year Old Student: Has Him Kill Spouse
Affair With Minors Zoloft 2011-10-24 Ohio +Woman School Teacher Molests Five of Her Male Students
Affairs with Minors Prozac 2006-03-24 West Virginia +Woman School Teacher Molests Four Students Under 15
Affair With Minor Antidepressants 2009-02-06 Texas +Woman School Teacher, 42, Molests her 10th Grade Male Student
Murder Med For Depression 2009-04-15 California +Woman School Teacher, Sunday School, Molests & Kills 8 Year Old Neighbor Girl
Vehicular Homicide Antidepressants & Sleeping Pills 2011-03-31 Canada Woman School Bus Driver Has Crash: Kills 9 Year Old Girl in Bus
Bizarre Behavior Zoloft 2009-09-16 Illinois Woman School Teacher Has Students Clean Her House in Exchange for Zoloft & Alcohol

heavenlyboy34
02-19-2013, 06:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXQYcNSNIb8 ;) :D

James Madison
02-19-2013, 06:20 PM
So, who is the victim here?

Expatriate
02-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Effexor? Seroquel? Prozac? Zoloft? Paxil? Celexa?

http://ssristories.com/index.php?p=teacher

Affair With Minor Effexor* 2011-02-05 Canada *Woman School Teacher Who Molested 15 Year Old Male Student Found Not Guilty: Effexor Insanity
Affair With Minor Antidepressants 2007-12-10 Canada +Woman School Teacher Accused of Affair with 13 Year Old Male Student
Affair With Minor Med For Depression & ADHD 2010-11-13 Utah +Woman School Teacher Found Guilty of Affair with Two 15 Year Old Male Students
Affair With Minor Prozac 2001-09-01 Utah +Woman School Teacher Gets Jail for Sexual Abuse of 16 Year Old Boy
Affair With Minor Med For Depression 2008-07-17 Wisconsin +Woman School Teacher Has Affair with 13 Year Old Boy
Affair With Minor Paxil/Wellbutrin 2004-12-03 Florida +Woman School Teacher Has Affair with 14 Year Old Boy
Affair With Minor Antidepressants 2007-12-11 New York +Woman School Teacher Has Affair with 15 Year Old Male Student
Affair With Minor Prozac/Wellbutrin 2006-06-22 New Hampshire +Woman School Teacher Has Affair with 16 Year Old Boy
Affairs With Minors SSRIs 2009-04-18 Idaho/Global +Woman School Teacher Has Affair With Male Teen Student: SSRI: More Bipolar: More Women Pedophiles
Affair With Minor Celexa 2009-04-23 New York +Woman School Teacher Molests 13 Year Old Male Student
Affair With Minor Antidepressant Withdrawal 2010-03-30 New York +Woman School Teacher Molests 14 Year Old Male Student
Affair With Minor Med For Depression 2011-11-01 Alabama +Woman School Teacher Molests 15 Year Old Male Student
Affair With Minor/Murder Prozac 1990-05-19 New Hampshire +Woman School Teacher Molests 15 Year Old Student: Has Him Kill Spouse
Affair With Minors Zoloft 2011-10-24 Ohio +Woman School Teacher Molests Five of Her Male Students
Affairs with Minors Prozac 2006-03-24 West Virginia +Woman School Teacher Molests Four Students Under 15
Affair With Minor Antidepressants 2009-02-06 Texas +Woman School Teacher, 42, Molests her 10th Grade Male Student
Murder Med For Depression 2009-04-15 California +Woman School Teacher, Sunday School, Molests & Kills 8 Year Old Neighbor Girl
Vehicular Homicide Antidepressants & Sleeping Pills 2011-03-31 Canada Woman School Bus Driver Has Crash: Kills 9 Year Old Girl in Bus
Bizarre Behavior Zoloft 2009-09-16 Illinois Woman School Teacher Has Students Clean Her House in Exchange for Zoloft & Alcohol

Good point, I have seen TV adverts for some SSRI meds with warnings tacked on about about side effects involving "uncharacteristic promiscuous behavior" and such.

green73
02-19-2013, 06:30 PM

The teenage boys who just lost their chance because of this story.

Kodaddy
02-19-2013, 07:00 PM
Maybe the student was counting the ballots for teacher of the year...

RM918
02-19-2013, 07:07 PM
Switch the genders and I'm sure the story changes dramatically, definitely that lifetime parole deal.

green73
02-19-2013, 07:12 PM
I wanted my kindergarten teacher. Didn't have another goodlooking one until 8th grade, but her breath stank.

James Madison
02-19-2013, 07:13 PM
The teenage boys who just lost their chance because of this story.

Government bureaucrat: "Hey, I've an idea! Since men enter their sexual prime in their early teens and women enter theirs in their late 20s, let's build an entire legal system around an arbitrary age boundary at 18."

Troll level: 9001

Feelgood
02-19-2013, 07:32 PM
http://cdn.thebest.gr/media/images/frontNews/huqadmzzpk5045dcfb3e831.jpg

coastie
02-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Good point, I have seen TV adverts for some SSRI meds with warnings tacked on about about side effects involving "uncharacteristic promiscuous behavior" and such.

Well, that specific side effect is relegated to the fine print in the package inserts..."Call your Dr. right away if you have any unusual changes in mood, thinking or behavior, or thoughts of suicide" is what you're familiar with. But the "sudden, uncharacteristic promiscuity", "rash, drastic decisions"(divorce, sudden affairs(esp w/ minors when teachers)-on up to murdering your children), ad nauseum...side effects do indeed exist, they are listed on those same inserts, and I assure you they are all very real. They would never list those side effects in a marketing advertisement. It's all sunshine, smiles and sometimes even trippy green butterflies if you need help sleeping(Lunesta).

Just don't be surprised if you randomly decide to hang yourself after taking them to sleep for a week, or perhaps drown your 5 children in a bathtub after taking twice the recommended dose of Effexor for a month. By the way, the latter incident, Andrea Yates was acquitted years later on a successful Effexor insanity defense:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Yates

I'm telling you, from personal experience(wife was on the same med/same dose-for a year and a half:eek:), these things seriously fuck with areas of the brain we do not fully understand, namely the serotonin and nor-epinephrine transmitters/receivers. In essence, the chemical mixes that make you, well -you. That includes your definition of reality while under their spell. Seriously crazy stuff.

Henry Rogue
02-19-2013, 07:50 PM
The bad part about dating a teacher is being graded on bedroom performance. The good part, besides the obvious, is the grade you get in her class.

heavenlyboy34
02-19-2013, 07:51 PM
I wanted my kindergarten teacher. Didn't have another goodlooking one until 8th grade, but her breath stank.
I wanted my 3rd grade teacher, Ms Mueller. I had to wait till 5th grade for the next-Ms Benzel. (And I only got her because the awesome Mr Morritson died a few weeks into the year. Unfortunately, she was also a bitch and none of us guys liked her personality) Life is so unfair. :(

FindLiberty
02-19-2013, 07:56 PM
As a teen, I would have been honored to be honored by her, gladly...

green73
02-19-2013, 08:36 PM
I think my typing teacher in high school was there for the taking. She had a fantastic body and wore red and black lacy bras that she made no effort to conceal. Whenever personally instructing me (or my best friend--we were her pets) she, while leaning over our shoulder, would press her breast into our cheeks. And she was always coy, engaging us in banter, giving us sly looks. Too bad she was a bit homely in the face. Nonetheless, I would sometimes later rue not having ever asked for "after hours" help. Hell, I probably rue it a little bit still.

AFPVet
02-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Que South Park reference in 3...2...1...

Nice!

Ben Bernanke
02-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Maybe the student was counting the ballots for teacher of the year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR-EU_l_pKA

:D

Nirvikalpa
02-19-2013, 10:06 PM
On RateMyTeachers:

09/03/04

she's cool.. but sometimes she says stuff... that she shouldnt be sayin

Original_Intent
02-19-2013, 10:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXQYcNSNIb8 ;) :D

I was gonna say, "I blame Van Halen" :D

James Madison
02-19-2013, 10:27 PM
I think my typing teacher in high school was there for the taking. She had a fantastic body and wore red and black lacy bras that she made no effort to conceal. Whenever personally instructing me (or my best friend--we were her pets) she, while leaning over our shoulder, would press her breast into our cheeks. And she was always coy, engaging us in banter, giving us sly looks. Too bad she was a bit homely in the face. Nonetheless, I would sometimes later rue not having ever asked for "after hours" help. Hell, I probably rue it a little bit still.

pics or it didn't happen!

KingRobbStark
02-19-2013, 10:39 PM
That's bullshit. The kid is 15, and adult in my book. And look at her. Damn she is hot.

AnarchoAmadeus
02-19-2013, 10:41 PM
I was always attracted to older men. In high school I wanted to bang the assistant principal, Mr. Carter. He had a bit of a gut, and most people thought he had a goofy face, but there was something about his demeanor. I just wanted him to slam me against a wall. I was in his office pretty frequently, but nothing ever happened. -sigh-

Fuck the age of consent. I'll never be that young and inexperienced again. That's precisely what would have made it hot.

KingRobbStark
02-19-2013, 10:45 PM
I was always attracted to older men. In high school I wanted to bang the assistant principal, Mr. Carter. He had a bit of a gut, and most people thought he had a goofy face, but there was something about his demeanor. I just wanted him to slam me against a wall. I was in his office pretty frequently, but nothing ever happened. -sigh-

Fuck the age of consent. I'll never be that young and inexperienced again. That's precisely what would have made it hot.

That's fucked up for your first post.

bolil
02-19-2013, 10:47 PM

And welcome to the forums. Heh, so you know this is the "liberty forums" not "libido for u ms"

Funny shit though, gave me a laugh

green73
02-19-2013, 10:50 PM
That's bullshit. The kid is 15, and adult in my book. And look at her. Damn she is hot.

I know! George Washington was like the surveyor of Virginia at age 11. Would people back then begrudge him some poontang?

green73
02-19-2013, 10:53 PM

Welcome.

bolil
02-19-2013, 10:54 PM
I feel like my teachers failed me now.

AnarchoAmadeus
02-19-2013, 10:57 PM
Thank you for your warm words and welcome.

I was just offering some anecdotal evidence that teenagers do in fact know what they want, and are sometimes attracted to older people. Why can't they decide what to do with their own genitals? I think it's time for a sexual revolution. :cool:

Bman
02-19-2013, 10:58 PM
This is a hard one to rationalize through. On one hand at that age I would not have wanted charges pushed if I was the 15 year old. On the other if she would have gotten pregnant I'd wonder why no one protected me from being young and naive to a predator like that. In the end I have to go mini archist on this and allow for an age of consent.

VoluntaryAmerican
02-19-2013, 11:02 PM
sexual r3volution. :cool:

Fixed.

AnarchoAmadeus
02-19-2013, 11:32 PM
This is a hard one to rationalize through. On one hand at that age I would not have wanted charges pushed if I was the 15 year old. On the other if she would have gotten pregnant I'd wonder why no one protected me from being young and naive to a predator like that. In the end I have to go mini archist on this and allow for an age of consent.

Can you prove that she's a predator? Ephebophilia is a sexual orientation like any other. It is not something one chooses for one's self. And just because someone is attracted to younger people doesn't mean that he or she has any interest in non-consensual relations. Many are ashamed of their desires, and never act on them.

But there's no reason to assume that this woman is an ephebophile. Maybe she was just in the mood for something. . . fresh. Likewise, if Mr. Carter had offered me a chance to live out my fantasies with him, I'd consider him a benevolent, gift-giving deity. Not a predator.

QuickZ06
02-19-2013, 11:59 PM

Plenty of guys with guts on here to choose from ;)

And Welcome aboard, look forward to your future posts!

Keith and stuff
02-20-2013, 12:20 AM
The teacher, her family, the student and most importantly, every boy in every class she taught.

proudclod229
02-20-2013, 12:33 AM
I had a teacher named Dorothy--smokin' hot, GIANT breasts, the works--I couldn't imagine being with her back then though..I would've felt overwhelmed!! haha

She would catch us changing grades and just laugh about it.

MRK
02-20-2013, 04:10 AM
http://riehlworldview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/erica_depalo2.jpg

A former Essex County, New Jersey teacher of the year has admitted having sex with a 15-year-old boy enrolled in an honors class she taught.

Erica DePalo pleaded guilty Tuesday to child endangerment. In return, county prosecutors will recommend she get lifetime parole supervision when she's sentenced in April.

DePalo will also have to register as a sex offender and forfeit her teacher's license. She declined comment after entering her plea.

Prosecutors say the 33-year-old Montclair resident had a brief sexual relationship with a student in her honors English class at West Orange High School. She initially was charged with aggravated sexual assault and sexual, and could have faced up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

Prosecutors say the boy's family approved of the plea deal.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Former-Teacher-of-Year-Admits-to-Sex-with-Student-191844581.html

Registered sex offender? Suspension of teacher's license? Life on supervised parole?

THAT was the plea bargain?