PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is not being Googled in the right cities

chuck
11-23-2007, 01:04 AM
I checked out Google Trends (http://google.com/trends)

Here is what i got

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee144/projectmecca/ronpaulgooglecities.png
http://www.google.com/trends?q=ron+paul&ctab=0&geo=all&date=2007&sort=0

Austin Texas and Phoenix Arizona honestly are not strategic at all. What do you guys think about this?

kylejack
11-23-2007, 01:06 AM
That's not per capita, so no worries. Manchester NH is never going to top a list like that, because there's not enough people living there.

chuck
11-23-2007, 01:16 AM
That's not per capita, so no worries. Manchester NH is never going to top a list like that, because there's not enough people living there.
Austin doesn't have a lot of people. Neither does phoenix. if it was actually population wise, Chicago, New York, or LA should be somewhere in the list but its not. And none of the places where the ads are running are on the page either.

I think the "Google Ron Paul" needs to be rethought.

kylejack
11-23-2007, 01:18 AM
Austin doesn't have a lot of people. Neither does phoenix. if it was actually population wise, Chicago, New York, or LA should be somewhere in the list but its not. And none of the places where the ads are running are on the page either.

I think the "Google Ron Paul" needs to be rethought.

Austin is extremely tech-savvy. Big companies like Dell and others operate out of there, and its covered with internet access. That does not compare to Des Moines, Iowa, Keene, New Hampshire, or even Las Vegas, Nevada.

chuck
11-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Austin is extremely tech-savvy. Big companies like Dell and others operate out of there, and its covered with internet access. That does not compare to Des Moines, Iowa, Keene, New Hampshire, or even Las Vegas, Nevada.

You are right about Austin being tech savvy (i live there), but the fact of the matter is that the google ron paul campaign isn't hitting the right targets.

jondisx
11-23-2007, 06:00 PM
w00t go louisville

Smiley Gladhands
11-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Austin Texas and Phoenix Arizona honestly are not strategic at all. What do you guys think about this?

What's wrong with his being popular in the South, West, and Midwest? Cities like New York are reliant on big government. Thus, they let Rudy take their guns away....we don't need them. Freedom is popular in the South, West and Midwest. Nothing wrong with that, and it certainly doesn't imply anything about any particular strategy.

Paul4Prez
11-23-2007, 07:40 PM
The list isn't as bad as you make it out to be. Florida is on 1/29. Arizona and Missouri are on 2/5. Washington is on 2/9. The District of Columbia is on 2/12. These are all fairly early.

Texas isn't until 3/4, but might just be the state to push Ron Paul over the top to secure the nomination.

icon57
11-23-2007, 07:49 PM
I'm in Orlando and there are "Google Ron Paul" signs all around, so its working. Iowa & New Hamshire need more signs.

LynnB
11-25-2007, 10:22 AM
I live in FL (Land of the Newly Wed, the Overfed and the Nearly Dead)
We need a lot more newspaper ads for the non-internet savvy and SOMEBODY do some guerilla marketing in the doctors' waiting rooms! (Put flyers or slimjims inside the magazines like "blow-ins")
I can't believe how many people here don't even know what party he is affiliated with.

angelatc
11-25-2007, 10:25 AM
I live in FL (Land of the Newly Wed, the Overfed and the Nearly Dead)
We need a lot more newspaper ads for the non-internet savvy and SOMEBODY do some guerilla marketing in the doctors' waiting rooms! (Put flyers or slimjims inside the magazines like "blow-ins")
I can't believe how many people here don't even know what party he is affiliated with.

That's a good idea. Espcially at my neocon dentist's office. Of course, he will know that it was me. :)

Oliver
11-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Looks like Google.com is down ... At least for me since some minutes...