PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible for us to 'take over' the GOP?

american.swan
11-23-2007, 01:03 AM
I think it's important for Ron to stick to it till the convention. The main reason is because WE the grassroots need to fill up the delegate positions. That's where we win or lose.

I think the "freedom" wing of the Republican party needs to solidify itself as a major block of delegates to be dealt with. Election after election, we need to grow and control the delegates and local GOP offices.

Sure, winning this election would be great, but regardless of what happens next November, we the freedom grassroots GOP can totally take over the GOP delegate and local GOP offices and at that point, we dictate the future of the party to a large extent in my mind.

This "war" of ideas is not going to end. If you want freedom for for and your children this is a life-time battle to maintain a strangle hold on the GOP delegates and to control the local GOP offices.

This is probably where the Libertarians failed. The Libertarians should have always been a force in the GOP by providing ample numbers of GOP delegates election after election and maintaining a hold on the local offices of the GOP.

Also consider that the next election cycle...a person considering to run will be encouraged by our control of the GOP and that will encourage more Ron Paul type people to run for office rather then sit back and say "there's no hope"

Elijah
11-23-2007, 01:09 AM
Anything is possible with the right attitude.

Dewaine
11-23-2007, 02:27 AM
Saving the GOP is about as likely as saving the dollar; RP could do both, but I wonder if, when the day comes, they will be worth saving.

olehounddog
11-23-2007, 11:44 AM
I think it is very possible. Locally, I think the GOP is controlled by a small circle neocons. We just need a bigger circle of Ron Paul Republicans.

Most people I talk to want change, but are not willing to be active. I've got probably a month to work on people before our county convention.

jm1776
11-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Not only is it possible but it is clearly the easiest path to achieve our goals. What alternative do we have? Build a third party with enough national standing to compete with the other two?

winston_blade
11-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Hands down the best thing to do. There are plenty of GOP who have been disenchanted by Republicans now, it's the best and easiest way to do it.

CurtisLow
11-23-2007, 03:05 PM
I think we have the numbers. The RP supporters just have to do it, It's the only way we will change our country for the better.

literatim
11-23-2007, 03:08 PM
It is definitely possible. We have the numbers, we just need a website that will organize the effort.