PDA

View Full Version : The Coming Ron Paul Smear Campaign

joshdvm
05-18-2007, 10:23 AM
This excellent analysis of the coming Ron Paul smear campaign was written by Philly Dave, over at his blog http://ronpaul.rescue-us.org (http://ronpaul.rescue-us.org).

"...What is coming next is a smear campaign that will attempt to accomplish two or three possible objectives.

1. Call Paul's character into question and cast him as a wacko.
2. Peel away perceived support from the left.
3. Drive a wedge between Paul and the folks who embrace the "9-11 was an inside job" theory.

"As I speculated last week (mp3 audio) immediately following Ron Paul's stellar debate performance:

"that means that we're persistent and that they perceive us as being a serious threat. So the next step is that they have to start attacking either the message or the messenger, which would be Ron Paul... I expect to hear claims of 'he's an anti-Semite' or 'he's a bigot'. I fully expect to hear that stuff within the next month."

"And in this comment yesterday

"I think some very sleazy folks are working up everything they can on Paul. I expect some strong hit pieces between now and the end of the month. Probably floated initially by the Fascist wing of the blogosphere and perhaps picked up elsewhere...."

"...So as we head into the weekend expect these smear campaigns to percolate.

"Do not believe for a second that this is coincidental. The movement out of Michigan from inside the GOP to ban Paul from future debates, the sudden floating of the 1992 newsletter, the Fox hit piece, these are no accident. Paul must be significantly marginalized before the New Hampshire debate.

"All of this of course means that we are making significant progress. Paul won the first debate hands down. His courageous stand against Giuliani stole the show in the second debate and his direct challenge afterward is festering. Paul and his supporters have proven they cannot be ignored so now they must be attacked..."

The above is an excerpt. For the full analysis, and to comment on this, the link is http://ronpaul.rescue-us.org/2007/05/17/like-clockwork--the-attacks-begin.aspx

MsDoodahs
05-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Smear campaigns are a tool the powers that be fall on when they are frightened and afraid.

This time, it will brand all who participate as the lowest scum of the earth.

Remember this and be prepared to hear all sorts of ridiculous manure shoveled at him, and at us.

STAY STRONG, PEOPLE.

GO RON GO!!!!

RonPaul4President
05-18-2007, 10:54 AM
This is more evidence that the Media is entirely controlled by self-serving private enterprise. Sad.

The news today is nothing but advertising and propoganda.

a_texian
05-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Just as Dr. Paul was talking about "blowback" coming back to bite us in the collective, foreign policy butt, the MSM is going to soon realize that they're creating thier own "blowback" by attacking Ron Paul's factual arguments.

The MSM (and especially FNC) is going to keep this attack front-and-center, which is a GOOD THING for our cause, since all it really serves to accomplish is make people, especially the zillions of dissaffected and independent ones, to become "curious" enough research beyond the dog and pony show and hence realize that Ron Paul is ABSOLUTEY CORRECT in everything he's said.

My take? Bring it on, FNC, et.al. ... BRING IT ON!

;o)