PDA

View Full Version : CT bill would ban smoking in cars...

green73
02-19-2013, 10:30 AM
It's already happened in restaurants and businesses, but will smoking be banned in your own car?

State lawmakers want to make smoking in cars illegal if there is a child under 7 years old inside.

Parents like the idea.

"We want our kids to be in safe places, always," Chris Liss, a Granby parent, said.

cont
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Smoking-to-be-Banned-in-Cars-191755921.html?dr

Confederate
02-19-2013, 10:46 AM
It's already illegal in about 20 states to smoke with a minor in your car.

aGameOfThrones
02-19-2013, 10:52 AM
cont
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Smoking-to-be-Banned-in-Cars-191755921.html?dr

State lawmakers want to make smoking in cars illegal if there is a child under 7 years old inside.

Parents like the idea.

"We want our kids to be in safe places, always," Chris Liss, a Granby parent, said.

You mean, every kid that's not yours.

shane77m
02-19-2013, 10:54 AM

How about mothers smoking while there is a child growing inside of them?

Working Poor
02-19-2013, 11:11 AM
We need more laws like this so police won't have to focus on stuff like murder ,assualt,robbery etc...

Anti Federalist
02-19-2013, 12:10 PM
Oh FFS, the Chinese water torture over this issue is just intolerable.

Grow a fucking pair and just ban the sale, use or possession of tobacco, will you please?

Everybody knows that's where this is heading, and you know you'll get full compliance from this mob of dullards and dimwits as well.

green73
02-19-2013, 12:16 PM

Grow a fucking pair and just ban the sale, use or possession of tobacco, will you please?

Everybody knows that's where this is heading, and you know you'll get full compliance from this mob of dullards and dimwits as well.

I don't know about banning. Tobacco taxes are a huge source of revenue.

The Northbreather
02-19-2013, 12:22 PM
Great. The new cop excuse will now be seeing smoke in a while passing citizens car at 70 mph.

Probable cause will actually be a fleeting wisp of smoke

UpperDecker
02-19-2013, 12:24 PM
WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-19-2013, 12:40 PM

Yeah, they won't be giving that up.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Great. The new cop excuse will now be seeing smoke in a while passing citizens car at 70 mph.

Probable cause will actually be a fleeting wisp of smoke

Checkpoints with tobacco dogs.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?405000-SCOTUS-Unanimously-Approves-Search-Warrants-Issued-by-Dogs

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-19-2013, 12:46 PM
WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!

My evil step daddy never thought about me when he'd use me for a foot stool, made me miss most of the Dallas Cowboy games by always having to get up to get the damned alcoholic a beer, and then later on whipping me for leaving the light on in the refrigerator. But I thank him for it. Abuse is good.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2013, 12:58 PM

The firearms industry generates about $5 billion in combined tax revenue.

http://nssf.org/impact/

That's about .1 percent of the federal budget.

State and FedCoat taxes on tobacco raise about $26 billion.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/31/weekinreview/31saul.html?_r=0

That's about .7 percent of the federal budget.

So, at the FedCoat's level, that's less than 1 percent of total tax revenue.

You bet your ass they will ban it. Both, actually.

Why would this even be a concern?

They'll just steal more of your income to make up that tiny little difference anyways.

QuickZ06
02-19-2013, 01:01 PM
We need more laws like this so police won't have to focus on stuff like murder ,assualt,robbery etc...

Exactly, that stuff could get them killed. We need to make laws so they simply can make enough revenue to not have to get into harms way.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-19-2013, 01:03 PM
The firearms industry generates about $5 billion in combined tax revenue.

http://nssf.org/impact/

That's about .1 percent of the federal budget.

State and FedCoat taxes on tobacco raise about $26 billion.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/31/weekinreview/31saul.html?_r=0

That's about .7 percent of the federal budget.

So, at the FedCoat's level, that's less than 1 percent of total tax revenue.

You bet your ass they will ban it. Both, actually.

Why would this even be a concern?

They'll just steal more of your income to make up that tiny little difference anyways.

That would be true, but it's the states who want the money as well. http://www.tobaccofreekids.org/research/factsheets/pdf/0222.pdf Then probably sales taxes on top of that.

QuickZ06
02-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Bet you the smog in California is worse for your kids heath than a cig. Better solution, kids need to wear gas masks.

libertyjam
02-19-2013, 01:24 PM

I so fucking sick of all the fucking smoking fascists and brainwashed little twenty-tween fucks in this country, may they all die with a fucking pitchfork in the eye. For Phucks sake!

DamianTV
02-19-2013, 02:35 PM
How about mothers smoking while there is a child growing inside of them?

Great. So now we think Pregnancy should now be a Licensed Priveledge, and that will solve all problems because Government Intervention is always for the benefit of the Individual and not that of the Govt or those that control the Govt.

When a persons body is not their own, by means of having the right to smoke, have an abortion, vitamins, drugs, tatoos, raw milk, vaccinations, poisonous food, dangerous behavior, salt, red meat, sex, or what ever fallacy is decreed, how can we continue to think that this is the "Land of the Free"?

---

Then we have the "Smoking Nazis", and those that believe that smoking, nay, ALL tobacco products should be made illegal, well I support your well thought out decision. Alcohol Prohibition worked out very very well, at least for those who were willing to look at the law as an opportunity to do business by trading in the Black Market. Tobacco will be no different. I need a means of providing for myself. And if that means that I have to start dealing tobacco, then I fully support the efforts to make it illegal. I will continue to smoke long after it is made illegal, but by making it illegal, I'll be able to put some food on my table instead of being hopelessly dependant on Food Stamps. I hope they fight this hard too as it will be a free ride for me if I get caught. A roof over my head, 3 squares a day (and it probably isnt any less unsafe than the shit they sell in grocery stores right now), free access to health care. I'd probably even get some occasional buttsecks. I doubt I'd spend any meaningful time in prison due to the fact that our legal system will most likely be overrun with those who continue to smoke. We know damn well that the Law will have stricter sentences on those who choose to consume the illegal products than on those who sell those very same illegal products. Smoke a joint, and its your third strike? Life in prison. Sell a joint? Hefty fine and get a merit badge with a free label, a label that gives you credibility with others willing to look beyond the law as a business opportunity. More police harassment and most likely deaths. If I die, well, I wont have much to complain about. But as far as just having more Cops, we are going that direction anyway so what the fuck is the difference? My only real threat will be from competing Tobacco Lords. But once I engage in such a trade, I'll probably more able to afford a means to buy protection, at least much more so than the part time minimum wage service sector job that is being offered to me as quality long term employment. And even if I am not at the top of the pyramid, I think the health benefits offered to me by a Tobacco Mafia will probably be much better than the complete and total lack of health insurance offered by employers that can only offer less than 20 hours of work per week, as I'll simply be able to afford to see a non welfare doctor. Hell, I might even be able to make enough to leave this Prison State they call a Free Nation, permanently.

There is a bit of a trick here. I am not the only one that thinks this way. Those of you that are moral busybodies and anti-tobacco advocates cant quite grasp this concept. You are what we call "Useful Idiots". We both want the same thing, although for very very different purposes. We are glad that you do not bother to think about the potential consequences of your actions. We will benefit and profit from your lack of understanding that by way of your own actions, we stand to make a bundle in our bindles. Sure, there might be a War of Escalation between feuding Tobacco Lords, and the occasional innocent bystander might end up getting shot while we settle our disputes, but how many of us are truly innocent in the eyes of our Govt anyway? So you can go on claiming that smoking is unhealthy and people can get cancer from 2nd hand smoke, maybe the infrequent asthma attack, or any of the various plethora of health related illnesses that are misdirected to come as an implied result of smoking. We will support all the bullshit statistics that you come up with as validation to make tobacco illegal. We wont bother to tell you that every actual and unfactual health concern that you offer will pale in comparison to the rather somewhat permanent condition of a bullet in the brain. Because that is what you'll end up with. We will no longer care if you are offended by the smell of cigarette smoke on someones clothes. We will no longer care if it triggers an allergic reaction. We also will not care if your kid ends up dead when we have to protect our turf. You, the nosy doo-gooders, will have enabled our ability to charge for a product based on the risk associated with that product. And what more risk is there than to become dead? The harder you fight, the higher our prices. So go ahead and fight to make tobacco illegal. You, the one who believes my body and what I put into it are not my call, are "Useful Idiot", and we support your Idiotic Behavior, because we can benefit from it.

There are some things we can not allow you to do, however. It will probably be the only time that you hear us say anything at all. Do not even try to keep tobacco legal, as that is the only direct threat to our business model that we will not be able to survive, and that can not be allowed. You have to understand that we will be a business, and can not tolerate any actual threats to that business. We need to make sure that you do not hear "Fuck you" when we tell you "We are a business.", and we need to prevent any "Dangerous Thinking". By the way, all that Pot out there, sure there are shitloads of it that come from Mexico and abroad, and it supports non United States Mafias, that could cause cancer. It could cause COPD. Probably even the early onset of "Munchies". You need to make sure that you keep on thinking that Pot is dangerous and should be kept illegal, because after all, Illegal is Immoral, and it is Immoral because we fucking told you that it is Immoral. We understand that your ability to think outside of the box is beyond your ability, so all you need to know is that the use of drugs in any form is Immoral. We realize that it is beyond your ability to comprehend that by making something illegal, your very actions are what enable our Black Markets. Nearly everything in this country has been illegal already, and thereby, Immoral. So please, by all means, do continue to think that just because something is illegal makes it immoral.

It is your "Useful Idiot" way of thinking that the foundation of our black market businesses are based on. Thus, we support you for unwittingly enabling our power.

Confederate
02-19-2013, 02:37 PM

Why would the state care about a miniscule revenue source when they have this:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/files/2012/03/money-printing-press.jpg

DamianTV
02-19-2013, 02:54 PM

I dont think most people understand HOW our Govt has given themselves the power to take more of your income. Many believe the only way to do so is to take a QUANTITY of money from an individual / business by means of Taxation. Taxes only goes after the QUANTITY. Printing Money is their real solution. Printing Money is Inflation and Inflation is an Invisible Tax on the Value of your money. Hey look, you have five thousand bucks (in 1900), that is enough to buy a House with. Inflate the Money Supply and leave you with the same QUANTITY. You still have five thousand bucks in your pocket, but it isnt even enough to buy a fucking used car. The VALUE of the money has been stolen while leaving the individual with the same QUANTITY. As a result, the ordinary faux news viewer falsely believes the reason their buck doesnt go as far as it used to is greedy corporations raising their prices. The greedy corporations raise the price of the goods / services they sell to compensate for the increase in the money supply. But this is a reaction to there being more money with less value, they arent actually getting anything more than they did previously. It is an adjustment by businesses to the increase in the supply of currency because the increase in quantity means a decrease in the value, and they know that, but arent coming out on top.

Those with the power to print the money are the ones that have been able to spend the value of your money, and they will continue to get away with it as long as the people remain willfully ignorant to the nature of currency and credit.

tttppp
02-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Its always good policy to ban things you cant enforce.

DamianTV
02-19-2013, 02:58 PM

But think of all the revenue that could be collected by way of fines and citations!

Nevermind the fact that if tobacco is made illegal, a shitload of money will be spent on imprisoning these Tobacco Addicts. Nevermind the huge costs of funding the War on Tobacco. Instead, only think of all the Unlawful Seizures that could be committed against Tobacco Lords when their property is seized. Think only of the benefits of making Tobacco illegal, but please dont think about the true costs.

"When the Legal Consequences are more severe than the consequences of the Crime, you have Injustice."

osan
02-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Checkpoints with tobacco dogs.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?405000-SCOTUS-Unanimously-Approves-Search-Warrants-Issued-by-Dogs

How about permits/licenses to smoke? $1000/year to renew. Wanna bet nobody would quit? $500 fine if caught smoking w/out permit. Stop and frisk for tobacco. You get the picture.

Why go half way?

liveandletlive
02-19-2013, 03:03 PM
let the idiots suffer the consequences of puffing

we dont laws against it in your own car

BAllen
02-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Stupid peasants! What would they do without the benevolent government to micro manage their lives?

DamianTV
02-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Stupid peasants! What would they do without the benevolent government to micro manage their lives?

This.

... Useful Idiot Post ...

I hate making big posts that end up at the bottom of the page and no one gets a chance to read.

mad cow
02-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Law Enforcement Targets inc. needs to make a 'pregnant smoking mom with two toddlers in the backseat' Target.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Why would the state care about a miniscule revenue source when they have this:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/files/2012/03/money-printing-press.jpg

Because they do. The issue is complicated because of the involvement of the states profiting. "The state" and fed print money. The "states" actually have to take it by other means.

DamianTV
02-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Because they do. The issue is complicated because of the involvement of the states profiting. "The state" and fed print money. The "states" actually have to take it by other means.

Yeah, like being Blackmailed by the Federal Govt to receive funds printed up by the Federal Reserve BANK, loaned to the Federal Govt (at interest), then being labeled as "Federal Funding". And all for the price of compliance or enforcing Federally Mandated Regulations that will further deprive us of the little (if any) Liberty we have left.

The only real freedom we have left is to choose between Coke and Pepsi. Any meaningful choices have been made for us by the Real Owners of this country, and that isnt you, me or the Govt itself.

tttppp
02-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Yeah, like being Blackmailed by the Federal Govt to receive funds printed up by the Federal Reserve BANK, loaned to the Federal Govt (at interest), then being labeled as "Federal Funding". And all for the price of compliance or enforcing Federally Mandated Regulations that will further deprive us of the little (if any) Liberty we have left.

The only real freedom we have left is to choose between Coke and Pepsi. Any meaningful choices have been made for us by the Real Owners of this country, and that isnt you, me or the Govt itself.

No wait. You are wrong. We get to chose what color our cars are.