PDA

View Full Version : *help needed* I'm a delegate to the California GOP State convention

eleganz
02-18-2013, 10:52 PM
As much as I don't want to say this because I really prefer my efforts to be as DL as possible. I am one of the 'anchors' (there are less than you think and I'll just leave it at that) that help to hold down the liberty movement in California, believe me when I say I wish there were more anchors.

I basically disappeared from my entire life from Jan-June to coordinate L.A. county for RP, run the phone bank, organize the liberty candidates for central committee where over 100 ran, just shy of 50 won, and eventually we came two votes short of winning LA County chair but still won the majority of the executive board and have a major presence in both central and executive committees, as well as coordinating and taking our fight to the state level. At this state convention we will be supporting two RLC endorsed candidates for Chair and Vice Chair as well as pursue other opportunities to 'advance our cause'. The most successful and effective liberty effort in California has come from Los Angeles.

Just like many of you, I spend a lot of time (and donated money, ate lots of costs) for RP, politics and our grassroots efforts and thats outside of the work and federal reserve notes I put into my own start up company.

I know a lot of you are broke just like I am, sacrificing what little time/energy/money we have for the future of the revolution. If anybody has an extra buck or two, I'd greatly appreciate the help as it will let me do my job at the state level, at the very least without worrying about what its going to cost me.

There are a few costs associated to going to the state convention (first weekend of march) that I will be struggling to pay for.
Prices are listed in the website: http://cagop.org/crpconvention.asp
-$48 (membership dues)
-$95 (pre-registration fee)
-$130 (split hotel and carpool fees)
Total: $273

The only time I ever asked for donations from the grassroots was to help us fund our LA phone bank, which was completely run by grassroots efforts (we literally built the tables, out of wood, that the phones were used on) and the almost $1000 we raised online (as well as the funds we raised offline) really did help us to keep the conservatively operated headquarters running strong, getting people in the door and cranking out well over 100,000 calls to many state primaries/caucuses, county and state conventions.

I really appreciate any help.

my paypal is: calvinl626@gmail.com (I don't think they charge a service fee if you choose to send as 'personal -> gift'

Thank you.

Alan Brown Jr.
02-19-2013, 05:15 AM
I donated $5. It's only a token amount, because I'm flat broke from working for liberty as well, but I want to express my thanks for those who are following Dr. Paul's example of working within the party, and using their energy to actually TAKE ACTION to advance liberty instead of posting dozens of pages on an internet forum about a tweets or domain names. Hopefully folks like you will inspire more in our movement to learn and adopt effective strategy to turn our principles into policy.

It's not much of donation, but maybe it will inspire others with greater means to pitch in.

nayjevin
02-19-2013, 10:20 AM
It's not much of donation, but maybe it will inspire others with greater means to pitch in.

:)

eleganz
02-19-2013, 01:40 PM
I donated $5. It's only a token amount, because I'm flat broke from working for liberty as well, but I want to express my thanks for those who are following Dr. Paul's example of working within the party, and using their energy to actually TAKE ACTION to advance liberty instead of posting dozens of pages on an internet forum about a tweets or domain names. Hopefully folks like you will inspire more in our movement to learn and adopt effective strategy to turn our principles into policy.

Thanks man, really appreciate it.

I want to reiterate that if you can't afford it, don't do it but it means even more coming from you.