PDA

View Full Version : Rove: The GOP needs more Rand Pauls and fewer Christine O’Donnells

RonPaulFanInGA
02-18-2013, 01:26 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/02/18/rove-the-gop-needs-more-rand-pauls-and-fewer-christine-odonnells/

RickyJ
02-18-2013, 01:32 PM
The GOP needs less Karl Roves.

Brian4Liberty
02-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Carl Rove's lips upon my ass is more disturbing than comforting.

FSP-Rebel
02-18-2013, 01:35 PM
The GOP needs less Karl Roves.
Pretty much the sentiment of the comments, most of which are glowing for Rand.

itshappening
02-18-2013, 01:41 PM
If it was up to the GOP and the establishment Grayson would be the junior senator from Kentucky.

Law who works for Rove on "conservative victory project" used to work for Mitch McConnell when he headed the NRSC and yes back then he had a terrible record... I think the GOP lost 4 seats.

PatriotOne
02-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Carl Rove's lips upon my ass is more disturbing than comforting.

My sentiments exactly. I try to make it a habit of not bashibg anyone when the say something positive about Ron/Rand, but I'll make an exception for Karl Rove. That man is a snake in the grass until I see his PAC transfer 5 million dollars to Rand.

compromise
02-18-2013, 02:33 PM
The GOP needs more Christine O'Donnells and less Lindsey Grahams.

itshappening
02-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Rove wrote this in 2009:

Republicans have also recruited good candidates for their open seats. New Hampshire Attorney General Kelly Ayotte is competitive, as are Ohio's Rob Portman and Missouri's Roy Blunt. Republicans in Florida have to get through a primary fight, but either Gov. Charlie Crist or former Florida House Speaker Marco Rubio will likely hold the seat. (I've donated to Messrs. Blunt and Rubio.) Only Kentucky's open seat vacated by Jim Bunning causes the GOP squeamishness.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704240504574585921173928460.html

When Rove wrote that Rand just took over Grayson in the polls. Is that what made him squeamishish?

Survey USA (report) October 30 – November 2, 2009
Grayson: 32%
Paul: 35%
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Kentucky,_2010

Now he says we need more Rand Paul's but felt squeamish at one point?

Brett85
02-18-2013, 02:52 PM
I guess I'll be in the minority on this. I'm not a fan of Karl Rove, but I think anytime someone like Rove praises one of our people, they should get credit for doing so. I'm glad that Rove and others like him at least acknowledge that Rand is an attractive candidate and well spoken, even though they don't agree with him ideologically. That's basically what Rove was saying here, which is that Rand is a good spokesman for libertarianism/Constitutional Conservatism, even though Rove personally disagrees with that ideology. But really, Rove can't win on something like this, because if he criticized Rand he would be attacked by people here, and when he praises Rand he gets attacked by people here. That doesn't make much sense to me.

Bastiat's The Law
02-18-2013, 03:00 PM
I guess I'll be in the minority on this. I'm not a fan of Karl Rove, but I think anytime someone like Rove praises one of our people, they should get credit for doing so. I'm glad that Rove and others like him at least acknowledge that Rand is an attractive candidate and well spoken, even though they don't agree with him ideologically. That's basically what Rove was saying here, which is that Rand is a good spokesman for libertarianism/Constitutional Conservatism, even though Rove personally disagrees with that ideology. But really, Rove can't win on something like this, because if he criticized Rand he would be attacked by people here, and when he praises Rand he gets attacked by people here. That doesn't make much sense to me.
Rove is the kiss of death.

Kords21
02-18-2013, 03:05 PM
While I have no love for Karl Rove in any capacity, it is a good thing for Fox News viewers to be hearing positive things about Rand Paul now from the likes of Rove and other presstitutes on Fox news if he's going to have any kind of shot in 16. Besides, it's not like Rand has been begging Rove to say good things about him, take whatever positive press you can get.

supermario21
02-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Like I've said before, Rove cares about personal qualities and not ideology. All Rove probably knew of Rand Paul was that someone told him he was a kook. Rove personally vets many of the candidates. He obviously came off impressed with Rand. I remember him getting into an argument with Hannity once over O'Donnell when Hannity was saying how great she was and Rove came back with how she could barely form a coherent sentence. That's a big difference. It just happens to be that some of the "far-right" candidates are kooks. If you can't be refined as a candidate, then you don't deserve to win. I think we can all agree on that. We're fortunate that our guys like Rand, Amash, Lee, Massie, etc are all intelligent, refined people.

Brian4Liberty
02-18-2013, 03:23 PM
...Besides, it's not like Rand has been begging Rove to say good things about him, take whatever positive press you can get.

Rove is saying this right now out of personal self-interest, as are many of the people who want to be in the good graces of the Tea Party. Don't doubt that when the time comes (Presidential Primary), that they will not be so nice.

"The Ministry of Truth can turn on a dime, and the fury of the ignorant masses can be redirected at will."

Bastiat's The Law
02-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Rove loves using Christine O'Donnell as the posterboy for the grassroots electing crazies. One thing Beck was right about was his chart showing where Rove and the establishment GOP want to take the party.

http://distyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Beck_Gov_Scale.jpg

Bastiat's The Law
02-18-2013, 03:35 PM
While I have no love for Karl Rove in any capacity, it is a good thing for Fox News viewers to be hearing positive things about Rand Paul now from the likes of Rove and other presstitutes on Fox news if he's going to have any kind of shot in 16. Besides, it's not like Rand has been begging Rove to say good things about him, take whatever positive press you can get.
Except there's an inverse relationship with Rove. Rove was criticizing Steve King's Senate run in Iowa and he got a big bump in support on the ground. That is how much Karl Rove is loathed just by average voters. Rove attempting to link his name to Rand and cozy up to tea party/liberty style candidates is akin to smallpox wanting to get intimate with you.

supermario21
02-18-2013, 03:37 PM
http://www.whas11.com/community/blogs/political-blog/Top-Pollster-questions-new-Senate-poll-in-KY-80046717.html

Intersting, Trey Grayson's pollster was a good friend of Rove back in the GWB days. Might have to take some of my comments back.

NIU Students for Liberty
02-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Like I've said before, Rove cares about personal qualities and not ideology.

Although Rove is seeking marketable candidate in terms of how that particular candidate articulates his/herself, don't for a second believe that Rove would push aside ideology/platform.

For anyone that wants to see Rove get taken down, enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE2ubxIHyQo&list=PLF0EA054F21AFC2F5

Working Poor
02-18-2013, 04:55 PM
This is scarey....

amy31416
02-18-2013, 05:07 PM
I could swear I saw a headline on here, not long ago, about Rove forming a PAC in order to defeat Rand and a few others.

Am I wrong? Did I misread?

amy31416
02-18-2013, 05:08 PM
I could swear I saw a headline on here, not long ago, about Rove forming a PAC in order to defeat Rand and a few others.

Am I wrong? Did I misread?

Origanalist
02-18-2013, 07:39 PM
Rove is the kiss of death.

This^^^^^

alucard13mmfmj
02-18-2013, 07:50 PM
I think these people praise Rand so when 2016 come, they have more credibility if they turn on him. =p

Spoa
02-18-2013, 07:58 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/02/18/rove-the-gop-needs-more-rand-pauls-and-fewer-christine-odonnells/

So I suppose that Karl Rove is going to fund Rand's Presidential Campaign??? :rolleyes:

supermario21
02-18-2013, 08:10 PM
I'd rather have him fund Rubio or Christie. Rove doesn't play well with the base anymore.

Lafayette
02-18-2013, 09:15 PM
I bet she wouldn't be so batshit crazy if she just got laid, that woman is extremely sexually repressed.