PDA

View Full Version : Dorner supporters rally at the LAPD headquarters

shane77m
02-17-2013, 09:45 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/dozens-pro-dorner-protesters-rally-lapd-hq-014013324.html

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dozens of protesters rallied outside Los Angeles police headquarters Saturday in support of Christopher Dorner, the former LAPD officer and suspected killer of four who died after a shootout and fire this week at a mountain cabin following one of the biggest manhunts in recent memory.

Protesters told the Los Angeles Times (http://lat.ms/11Ndm6i ) they didn't support Dorner's deadly methods, but objected to police corruption and brutality, and believed Dorner's claims of racism and unfair treatment by the department. Many said they were angered by the conduct of the manhunt that led to Dorner's death and injuries to innocent bystanders who were mistaken for him.

Michael Nam, 30, who held a sign with a flaming tombstone and the inscription "RIP Habeas Corpus," said it was "pretty obvious" police had no intention of bringing Dorner in alive.

"They were the judge, the jury and the executioner," Nam said. "As an American citizen, you have the right to a trial and due process by law."

During the hunt for Dorner, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck called for Dorner's surrender and said he didn't want to see the suspect or anyone else injured.

Dorner was already believed to have killed three people when he was cornered Tuesday at the cabin near Big Bear Lake, and during the standoff shot and killed a San Bernardino County sheriff's deputy, authorities said.

Only after calls for surrender and use of milder tear gas did deputies launch pyrotechnic gas canisters into the cabin, and the subsequent fire was not intentional, the Sheriff's Department said.

Dorner died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound at the end of the standoff, sheriff's officials said.
more at the link

pcosmar
02-17-2013, 10:16 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/dozens-pro-dorner-protesters-rally-lapd-hq-014013324.html

more at the link

I saw the story. Was disappointed that there were only dozens. (should have been thousands)

mrsat_98
02-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Only after calls for surrender and use of milder tear gas did deputies launch pyrotechnic gas canisters into the cabin, and the subsequent fire was not intentional, the Sheriff's Department said

CPUd
02-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Was it like the "dozens" who showed up to Ron Paul rallies during the primaries?

sailingaway
02-17-2013, 01:04 PM
OK, part of me loves this, if only Dorner weren't likely guilty of killing innocent family to get back at a third party etc. He should have had a trial, and the police shooting up all of US to save THEIRS sure shows how disposable they think WE are, and there was no excuse, imho for burning him alive as was done.

However, I would never call myself a Dorner supporter.

sailingaway
02-17-2013, 01:05 PM
Only after calls for surrender and use of milder tear gas did deputies launch pyrotechnic gas canisters into the cabin, and the subsequent fire was not intentional, the Sheriff's Department said

Yeah, hours and hours after, with shouts about 'burning' the guy and 'sending burners' on livestream audio, which is all over the internet. Instead of a stake out to try to talk him out in the morning.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Please don't make this out to be any more than about a new Rambo novel limited to a few paragraphs long. "And after killing four people and injuring another, Rambo hid in a basement of a house planning his next offensive against the establishment when . . . oh crap!"
"

pcosmar
02-17-2013, 01:19 PM
OK, part of me loves this, if only Dorner weren't likely guilty of killing innocent family to get back at a third party etc. He should have had a trial, and the police shooting up all of US to save THEIRS sure shows how disposable they think WE are, and there was no excuse, imho for burning him alive as was done.

However, I would never call myself a Dorner supporter.

I don't think supporter is exactly right for me either,, Sympathizer maybe.

I don't know that he killed the couple at all,, that would be for a trial to decide. Not the Media.
And that will never happen,, so if not him,,the real killer gets away with it.

I do believe the LAPD needs to be held accountable for their actions,, regardless.

MelissaWV
02-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Same as Pete and sailing. I don't think you should be called a "supporter" of this guy or his actions to see that he was never meant to have a trial. He was entitled to one. There are very, VERY few things one is entitled to in this life, but per our Constitution he had a right to face his accused and have a fair and speedy trial. Oh and no cruel and unusual punishment (like being surrounded and having the place catch fire). Even if he was already dead, they definitely did not know that at the time they were lobbing gas into his cabin. Not a pretty way to go.

PaulConventionWV
02-17-2013, 02:54 PM

YEAH.............. RIIIIIGGGHHHHT.

mrsat_98
02-17-2013, 04:03 PM
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=pen&group=00001-01000&file=450-457.1

California Arson Law

HOLLYWOOD
02-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Here's NEW audio/video sent to DemocracyNow recorded from a police scanner. (go to the 16 minute mark) You can here multiple cops stating "Burn it down"

Play the video... of course DN invited the police (San Bernadino) on and as usual, they denied.

http://www.democracynow.org/2013/2/15/an_intentional_fire_police_use_of (http://www.democracynow.org/2013/2/15/an_intentional_fire_police_use_of)

S.Shorland
02-17-2013, 04:45 PM
was it the LAPD or the FBI?

pcosmar
02-17-2013, 04:48 PM
was it the LAPD or the FBI?

Everyone that could pile on. LAPD, County Sheriff, Federal Marshals. DHS, FBI and any other alphabet in the neighborhood.

Danke
02-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Here's NEW audio/video sent to DemocracyNow recorded from a police scanner. (go to the 16 minute mark) You can here multiple cops stating "Burn it down"

Play the video... of course DN invited the police (San Bernadino) on and as usual, they denied.

http://www.democracynow.org/2013/2/15/an_intentional_fire_police_use_of (http://www.democracynow.org/2013/2/15/an_intentional_fire_police_use_of)

"Pyrotechnic Tear Gas is for outdoor uses only, particularity not in wooden structures." Nice.

HOLLYWOOD
02-17-2013, 05:05 PM
"Pyrotechnic Tear Gas is for outdoor uses only, particularity not in wooden structures." Nice.

evidence on tape:

POLICE OFFICER: The last location of the suspect [inaudible].

POLICE OFFICER: We’re going to [bleep] burn him out!"

POLICE OFFICER: [inaudible] I don’t know.

POLICE OFFICER: Let’s burn it down.

POLICE OFFICER: Get going, right now!

POLICE OFFICER: Burn this [bleep]!

Expatriate
02-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Same as Pete and sailing. I don't think you should be called a "supporter" of this guy or his actions to see that he was never meant to have a trial. He was entitled to one. There are very, VERY few things one is entitled to in this life, but per our Constitution he had a right to face his accused and have a fair and speedy trial. Oh and no cruel and unusual punishment (like being surrounded and having the place catch fire). Even if he was already dead, they definitely did not know that at the time they were lobbing gas into his cabin. Not a pretty way to go.

Yup. People that support James Holmes' right to a trial instead of summary execution, for example, wouldn't be referred to as Holmes supporters.

Carson
02-17-2013, 05:41 PM
I think Dorner went to lengths to point out one thing. He said he didn't file false charges and the other officer did kick the suspect.

I heard some relative or someone close to the person kicked did remember noticing his face was swollen up and ask him what happened. He was told that the night before a policeman had kicked him.

Now it seems people are going to great lengths to twist and turn this into something else.

I can't say as to their motives. Perhaps they don't understand how the justice system seems to operate with two prosecuting attorneys instead of like in the olden days when you had a prosecuting and a defense attorney in opposition.

Anyway I was thinking the other day. We should try and pull ourselves away from making this a them against us sort of thing.

Perhaps if you take your own opinion and feelings you've gotten from the story and then imagine the way they might effect you if you were in law enforcement you might be able to have a little better understanding of what many of them are now going through.

This story is the kind of story that may best be played out in the quiet place in peoples hearts. I wouldn't think this is a time to let our tempers get the better of us.

Maybe some cool heads in respect for all involved should be the order of the day.

Carson
02-17-2013, 11:14 PM
I was sitting here thinking back on the Dorner story.

One of the first comments I remember reading over on Fark was someone that wrote something like, "He was fired in 2008 for making false statements."

And someone else wrote,"I'd love to hear how that got him fired instead of promoted."

At the time I thought it was pretty funny.

Then someone answered his comment with, "Because his were probably true. Some kind of Bizarro World or something, I presume."