PDA

View Full Version : Giuliani thinks he's a god.

Matthew Zak
11-22-2007, 11:15 PM
I just watched the interview again. I'm still not perfectly accurate on the wording, but I'll be much closer to accurate this time around.

First of all, Hannity loves Giuliani, and talks to him and of him as though he is going to win the nomination.

When Hannity asked Giuliani if he'd given any thought to what life may be like were he President, Giuliani replied,

"...being President is an awesome responsibility... it's beyond any of us, really. We're all just mere mortals."

Then he went on a tangent about why he thinks he's been tested in a more "unique" way than the other presidential candidates.

The more Giuliani talks, the more he sounds like a narcissist.

We need to exploit evidence of this.

LibertyEagle
11-22-2007, 11:16 PM
That's nice, but this is the RON PAUL grassroots section of this forum. Please put information on other candidates in the 'OTHER' section.

AlexMerced
11-22-2007, 11:16 PM
I think people already know he narcissist, but for some odd reason they think he's an electable narcissist... and that being electable is more important than principle... silly people

Matthew Zak
11-22-2007, 11:19 PM
That's nice, but this is the RON PAUL grassroots section of this forum. Please put information on other candidates in the 'OTHER' section.

I am pleading to the grassroots people to help me exploit Guiliani for his narcissism...

I don't understand the "lines", exactly... to me everything is tied together. Mods -- move this thread where ever you want.

MadViking10
11-22-2007, 11:20 PM
He really scares me to death. Not exactly mine but the very existance of the United States of America.

Mark
11-22-2007, 11:21 PM
"...being President is an awesome responsibility... it's beyond any of us, really. We're all just mere mortals."

Well, at least he acknowledged that The Office of President is beyond his capability to administer.

I know that Ron Paul is capable of handling it.

Rudy should just stick to running cities.

And forget about running the whole country.

OptionsTrader
11-22-2007, 11:23 PM
'Freedom Is About Authority'
NY Times : March 20, 1994

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A01E2D9173CF933A15750C0A9629582 60

http://i9.tinypic.com/8c3idnc.jpg (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A01E2D9173CF933A15750C0A9629582 60)

me3
11-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Rudy should just stick to running cities.

And forget about running the whole country.
I think Rudy should avoid cities and just stick to having a runny nose when it gets cold out. That might be something he could handle.

MadViking10
11-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do.

Holy crap. :mad:

Matthew Zak
11-22-2007, 11:45 PM
I just watched the interview again. I'm still not perfectly accurate on the wording, but I'll be much closer to accurate this time around.

First of all, Hannity loves Giuliani, and talks to him and of him as though he is going to win the nomination.

When Hannity asked Giuliani if he'd given any thought to what life may be like were he President, Giuliani replied,

Then he went on a tangent about why he thinks he's been tested in a more "unique" way than the other presidential candidates.

The more Giuliani talks, the more he sounds like a narcissist.

We need to exploit evidence of this.

I don't know why I'm the only one freaking out about the sentence I put in bold. I am a pretty intuitive person, so when I get a gut feeling, I run with it and I'm usually right. Some of my friends have told me that I know them better than they know themselves, because I have a knack for telling them why they behave the way they do and why they say the things they say sometimes.

When Giuliani answered that question, I felt as though I were reading his mind. What I was hearing beneath the actual words he spoke were,

"...being President is an awesome responsibility... (I can't wait to be the most powerful man on Earth... but I better say something to make myself sound "humble"...) it's beyond any of us, really. We're all just mere mortals... (good save... wait... I better make sure I assert myself as special because I just humbled myself to mortal status on national TV...)

Hence his next tangent about being "unique"...

reaver
11-23-2007, 12:40 AM
I don't know why I'm the only one freaking out about the sentence I put in bold. I am a pretty intuitive person, so when I get a gut feeling, I run with it and I'm usually right. Some of my friends have told me that I know them better than they know themselves, because I have a knack for telling them why they behave the way they do and why they say the things they say sometimes.

When Giuliani answered that question, I felt as though I were reading his mind. What I was hearing beneath the actual words he spoke were,

"...being President is an awesome responsibility... (I can't wait to be the most powerful man on Earth... but I better say something to make myself sound "humble"...) it's beyond any of us, really. We're all just mere mortals... (good save... wait... I better make sure I assert myself as special because I just humbled myself to mortal status on national TV...)

Hence his next tangent about being "unique"...

He just realizes how much the job has changed over the years. Now a Presidents control extends to your home - unlike times past. When you really think about how much the POTUS controls... one might refer to the responsibility as 'worldly'.

I may have to watch the video to get the same opinion you got. BTW I'm darn near psychic. I was watching the news one day and heard, "First Isreali in space..." I turned to my dad and said, "how nice, too bad it won't ever land." and my goodness... It crashed over my hometown.