PDA

View Full Version : Blue Republican or Red Democrat? The rEVOLution Crosses Party Lines, by Robin Koerner

sailingaway
02-15-2013, 12:17 AM
This is the guy who coined the name for Blue Republicans to begin with. He is suggesting this Dem candidate deserves a look:

The newest and fastest growing political grouping in the U.S. is driven by the idea that the problems that are facing the nation today have been caused not just by the left wing or the right wing, but by the mainstream of both parties, which have for years been eliminating our civil rights, sponsoring and benefiting from a crony corporatist economic system, and operating a militaristic foreign policy, seemingly to the benefit of a military industrial complex more than that to the benefit of the nation.

This growing group of anti-Republicrats are mostly young people who've been educating themselves about their nation and its workings -- rather than relying on the typically dull mainstream media that continue to filter events through the mistaken ideas that the Democrats and Republicans have fundamentally different political perspectives, and that on any particular issue, one of the parties will know the best political direction for the nation.

In 2012, most of these post-partisan Americans who say to America's political duopoly, "Pox on both your houses", are supporting Ron Paul for president, even though very many of them have never before identified Republican.

Now their influence is beginning to be felt outside the Republican party -- and not just in the presidential election.

In the 10th District of New Jersey, a candidate for the Democratic nomination to represent his district in Congress, is finally asking the question that hundreds of thousands of young American liberals have already asked -- and whose answer has caused them to leave his party.

The candidate is Dennis Flynn, and his campaign video begins by asking, "Where Have Our Liberal Values Gone?"

The voiceover proceeds to provide the motivation for the question ...

more at link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-koerner/ron-paul-dennis-flynn_b_1552072.html?ref=tw

acptulsa
02-15-2013, 07:06 AM
That Democrat may be worth a look, but Red Democrat is a mighty poor way to sell any candidate to libertarians. Slightly better than Pinko Democrat, but piss poor nonetheless.

fr33
02-15-2013, 08:01 AM
Sounds like Flynn is focusing on civil liberties.

Btw is this comment for real or it is a troll:

braziliancongo
54 Fans
Become a fan
11:14 AM on 06/02/2012
Progressives, do not fall for this trick! People need to be scientifically managed by an elite cadre and made to pay for it. That worthy goal necessitates war and destruction against all who oppose it whether it be the Afghans or the American people. We can have our perfect society. It will just take more time, more deaths and cost so much money that it will impoverish a majority of the American middle class. It will be worth it.

acptulsa
02-15-2013, 08:45 AM
Sounds like Flynn is focusing on civil liberties.

Btw is this comment for real or it is a troll:

braziliancongo
54 Fans
Become a fan
11:14 AM on 06/02/2012
Progressives, do not fall for this trick! People need to be scientifically managed by an elite cadre and made to pay for it. That worthy goal necessitates war and destruction against all who oppose it whether it be the Afghans or the American people. We can have our perfect society. It will just take more time, more deaths and cost so much money that it will impoverish a majority of the American middle class. It will be worth it.

Yes. And brilliant too.

Wish I had said it.

sailingaway
02-15-2013, 11:53 AM
That Democrat may be worth a look, but Red Democrat is a mighty poor way to sell any candidate to libertarians. Slightly better than Pinko Democrat, but piss poor nonetheless.

I so agree. I don't think a Brit working on his US citizenship quite recognizes that cultural issue, though.

I really like Koerner, though. Once he's naturalized and eligible, I'd take a look at him, himself for office. He's a great activist, if he has any inclination at all to go that route.

He's good to have in media too, though.

MisfitToy
02-15-2013, 04:19 PM

I'm a black sheep voter, myself.