PDA

View Full Version : Rahm Emanuel May Be Toying With 2016 Presidential Run

sailingaway
02-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Obama’s former chief of staff Rahm Emanuel might make a go for 2016, two well-connected Democrats tell Lloyd Grove—as long as Hillary doesn’t. And the potty-mouthed Chicago mayor could win.

The 53-year-old Emanuel, who is busy raising money for his 2015 reelection campaign in the Windy City, has had discussions both over the phone and face to face in the past month with Democratic Party donors and fundraisers about a possible White House run, according to sources.

It’s unclear who raised the subject—Emanuel or the donors—and the mayor’s press secretary initially didn’t offer clarity on who said what to whom Hours after this story was published, however, Tarah Cooper emailed denying that the mayor "raised or entertained" the subject of a White House run. She also sent a photo of Emanuel's scrawl on yellow legal paper vowing "not ever" to run "for another office" and reiterated his longstanding pledge that, in his words, he's "not interested. Not going to do it. No. I'll do it in Hebrew: lo." (Emanuel, the son of an Israeli doctor, had dual citizenship until he was 18.) Others expressed skepticism that any such discussions between Emanuel and donors could have been serious.

“I talk to Rahm almost every single day, sometimes more than once a day, and he’s never said anything like that to me,” said Democratic strategist Paul Begala, a colleague and friend from Bill Clinton’s White House. “This is the first I’ve heard of it. That doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.”

Clinton loyalist James Carville, another friend of the mayor’s, echoed Begala’s dubious assessment: “I never have heard something like that, and it’s not like I don’t talk to Rahm all the time. And it’s not like people close to him ever brought it up.”

Yet rumors of Emanuel’s higher ambitions persist. “I heard there were some conversations with donors especially during the inauguration,” a well-known Democratic politico told The Daily Beast, referring to the January 20-21 celebrations in Washington marking the launch of President Obama’s second term. A second highly placed Democrat echoed that account.

Emanuel—Obama’s former chief of staff, a former member of the House Democratic leadership, and before that a senior staffer in the Clinton White House—maintained a high profile during the inaugural festivities, hosting a well-attended after-party at Washington’s Hamilton Restaurant and generally making a splash.

more: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02/14/rahm-emanuel-toying-with-2016-presidential-run-sources-say.html

jkr
02-14-2013, 09:18 PM
THE GUY THAT SENDS PEOPLE DEAD FISH IN THE MAIL?!?!

YEAH, LETS MAKE HIM PRESIDENT WITH HIS FINGER ON THE BUTTON

Smart3
02-14-2013, 09:27 PM
It's time for a Jewish President!

said no one ever

Although if we ever had one, Milton Friedman would be my choice. I'm concerned of a renewed anti-semitism if our first Jewish President is bad.

sailingaway
02-14-2013, 09:28 PM
mises might have been interesting....

Peace Piper
02-14-2013, 09:32 PM
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1898/rahmbo.jpg

Rahm- A Scumbag's scumbag

That little girls face is funny

paulbot24
02-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Somebody must have said "Congress" instead, sixty years ago.

libertygrl
02-15-2013, 06:08 AM
It's time for a Jewish President!

said no one ever

Although if we ever had one, Milton Friedman would be my choice. I'm concerned of a renewed anti-semitism if our first Jewish President is bad.

We've already had:

In 1981 further details of this affair came to light when Philip Slomovitz published a collection of his personal correspondence compiled in the six decades he worked as a journalist. In his book Purely Commentary, Slomovitz reproduces three letters written in March and early April 1935, from Chase Osborn defending his claim, Osborn wrote in the first of the letters: "President Roosevelt knows well enough that his ancestors were Jewish. I heard Theodore Roosevelt state twice that his ancestors were Jewish. Once was to me when I asked him about it after he had made a pleasing euphemistic statement in a speech to a Jewish gathering."[8] Another letter reproduced in Slomovitz's book is dated March 27, 1935 and from Rabbi Stephen S. Wise, who had been a very close confidant of the Roosevelt government. Wise asked Slomovitz, to let the matter of Roosevelt's alleged Jewish origins "die down", and instructed him not to make use of this information, but states that Eleanor Roosevelt, the President's wife and distant relation, had stated at a luncheon party in his home that: "often Cousin Alice and I say that all the brains in the Roosevelt family comes from our Jewish great-grandmother." Rabbi Wise also alludes that Franklin D. Roosevelt was aware of his Jewish ancestors but had claimed ignorance in his published letter, due to the consequences of this fact being used by antisemites, particularly the new Nazi government in Germany.

h ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_ancestry_of_Theodore_Roosevelt_and_Franklin _Delano_Roosevelt

tangent4ronpaul
02-15-2013, 06:13 AM
Ewwww! - ICK!

-t

Confederate
02-15-2013, 06:14 AM
The guy who served in Israel's army instead of the US military during the Gulf War wants to run for president? If he had served any other country that would automatically disqualify him. But his middle name is Israel, so he probably has a chance at winning...

awake
02-15-2013, 06:16 AM
Isn't democracy great? Thanks to the one man one vote system, there is decent chance that this psychopath will be let loose on the world.

S.Shorland
02-15-2013, 06:23 AM
What is the strength of the stories of a homosexual relationship with Obama?

moostraks
02-15-2013, 08:05 AM
not just no...this is one guy I would definately be looking to leave the states if he were to be President. The thought makes my skin crawl.

BenIsForRon
02-15-2013, 08:43 AM
This doesn't seem likely. Chicago doesn't even like the guy anymore.

Brown Sapper
02-15-2013, 08:49 AM
Yeah right. He screwed himself when he hitched his wagon to Chicago. There is no coming back from all the stuff happening under his watch.

libertygrl
02-15-2013, 09:31 AM
What is the strength of the stories of a homosexual relationship with Obama?

Wouldn't matter to me except it's stuff like this which the puppet masters use as blackmail. The first time I heard about it was in an interveiw with former intelligence agent Dr. Steve Pieczenik. I say where there's smoke there's fire.

Here's an article I found:

May 24, 2010 – SPECIAL REPORT from WAYNE MADSEN.

Obama and Emanuel: Members of same gay bath house in Chicago

President Obama and his chief of staff Rahm Emanuel are lifetime members of the same gay bath house in uptown Chicago, according to informed sources in Chicago’s gay community, as well as veteran political sources in the city. The bath house, Man’s Country, caters to older white men and it has been in business for some 30 years and is known as one of uptown Chicago’s “grand old bathhouses.”

WMR was told by sources who are familiar with the bath house that it provides one-year “lifetime” memberships to paying customers and that the club’s computerized files and pre-computer paper files, include membership information for both Obama and Emanuel. The data is as anonymized as possible for confidentiality purposes. However, sources close to “Man’s Country” believe the U.S. Secret Service has purged the computer and filing cabinet files of the membership data on Obama and Emanuel. Members of Man’s Country are also issued club identification cards. WMR learned that Obama and Emanuel possessed the ID cards, which were required for entry. Obama began frequenting Man’s Country in the mid-1990s, during the time he transitioned from a lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School to his election as an Illinois State Senator in 1996. Emanuel, reportedly joined Man’s Country after he left the Clinton White House and moved back to Chicago in 1998, joining the investment firm of Wasserstein Perella and maintaining his membership during his 2002 campaign for the U.S. 5th District House seat vacated by Rod Blagojevich, who was elected governor.

h ttp://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2523403/posts

By the way, based on several interviews I have heard from former FBI / intelligence people, the town of Chicago seems to be THE MAIN HUB of foreign and domestic corruption, money laudering, arms/drug trafficking, and a safe haven for false flag CIA assets. The corruption runs from all local and state offices. Anyone coming out of that town to even run for dog catcher should raise some serious concerns.

HOLLYWOOD
02-15-2013, 09:52 AM
...WMR was told by sources who are familiar with the bath house that it provides one-year “lifetime” memberships to paying customers and that the club’s computerized files and pre-computer paper files, include membership information for both Obama and Emanuel. The data is as anonymized as possible for confidentiality purposes. However, sources close to “Man’s Country” believe the U.S. Secret Service has purged the computer and filing cabinet files of the membership data on Obama and Emanuel. Members of Man’s Country are also issued club identification cards. WMR learned that Obama and Emanuel possessed the ID cards, which were required for entry.
By the way, based on several interviews I have heard from former FBI / intelligence people, the town of Chicago seems to be THE MAIN HUB of foreign and domestic corruption, money laudering, arms/drug trafficking, and a safe haven for false flag CIA assets... I for one could care less, unless it results in lies to the taxpayers...

But the moral of the story is, always keep 2 sets of books and have video cameras to record the evidence/truth.

puppetmaster
02-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Yeah right. He screwed himself when he hitched his wagon to Chicago. There is no coming back from all the stuff happening under his watch.

like obama.......

SpreadOfLiberty
02-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Too bad he is so awful because I like his experience resume for a President. Something different but qualified.

Confederate
02-15-2013, 03:30 PM
Too bad he is so awful because I like his experience resume for a President. Something different but qualified.

Serving in the Israeli army instead of the US military while the US is at war makes you qualified? I'd call that treason.

SpreadOfLiberty
02-15-2013, 03:33 PM
Serving in the Israeli army instead of the US military while the US is at war makes you qualified? I'd call that treason.

I was thinking more along the lines of liking the mayoral-congressional combo.

Confederate
02-15-2013, 03:40 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of liking the mayoral-congressional combo.

Well he's got legislative and executive experience, as well as White House experience. He was also on the board of Fannie Mae and DCCC chairman. He's got quite the resume.

He's still a traitor and the epitome of an Israel-firster (serving in the israeli military and not the US). He should be stripped of his citizenship and deported to Israel.

SpreadOfLiberty
02-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Well he's got legislative and executive experience, as well as White House experience. He was also on the board of Fannie Mae and DCCC chairman. He's got quite the resume.

He's still a traitor and the epitome of an Israel-firster (serving in the israeli military and not the US). He should be stripped of his citizenship and deported to Israel.
I wouldn't deport him but I don't believe in dual citizenships for federal office holders.

Confederate
02-15-2013, 03:48 PM
I wouldn't deport him but I don't believe in dual citizenships for federal office holders.

If you serve in a foreign army you should be fined, stripped of your citizenship, and deported.

Smart3
02-15-2013, 07:36 PM
We've already had:

In 1981 further details of this affair came to light when Philip Slomovitz published a collection of his personal correspondence compiled in the six decades he worked as a journalist. In his book Purely Commentary, Slomovitz reproduces three letters written in March and early April 1935, from Chase Osborn defending his claim, Osborn wrote in the first of the letters: "President Roosevelt knows well enough that his ancestors were Jewish. I heard Theodore Roosevelt state twice that his ancestors were Jewish. Once was to me when I asked him about it after he had made a pleasing euphemistic statement in a speech to a Jewish gathering."[8] Another letter reproduced in Slomovitz's book is dated March 27, 1935 and from Rabbi Stephen S. Wise, who had been a very close confidant of the Roosevelt government. Wise asked Slomovitz, to let the matter of Roosevelt's alleged Jewish origins "die down", and instructed him not to make use of this information, but states that Eleanor Roosevelt, the President's wife and distant relation, had stated at a luncheon party in his home that: "often Cousin Alice and I say that all the brains in the Roosevelt family comes from our Jewish great-grandmother." Rabbi Wise also alludes that Franklin D. Roosevelt was aware of his Jewish ancestors but had claimed ignorance in his published letter, due to the consequences of this fact being used by antisemites, particularly the new Nazi government in Germany.

h ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_ancestry_of_Theodore_Roosevelt_and_Franklin _Delano_Roosevelt

Even if they had some Jewish ancestry, neither of them were Jewish or even ancestrally so. (last 2 generations)