PDA

View Full Version : Property Taxes Suspended When Note Paid

FrancisMarion
02-14-2013, 08:41 PM
How bout when you pay off your home note, you owe no more property taxes?

Then you would own your property. Afterall, average length of home "ownership" in relation to time is 7 years. What would the county have to worry about?

Thoughts?

SpreadOfLiberty
02-14-2013, 08:42 PM
Worth proposing.

ronpaulfollower999
02-14-2013, 08:46 PM
Property taxes pay for schools, fire services, etc. Of course, if such things were privatized, the immoral property tax could be abolished anyway.

Anti Federalist
02-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Great idea...will go no where.

The state likes owning you and your home.

Zippyjuan
02-14-2013, 08:50 PM
I could go for that- just paid off my place. Contact your state governments. Would work better in larger cities with higher property turnover than in small towns where you can have generations live in the same house (my aunt still lives in the house her parents grew up in).

Keith and stuff
02-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Who would build the roads? :toady:

Anti Federalist
02-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Who would build the roads? :toady:

Or pay for the police to protect us?

(gah, almost vomited just typing that out as a joke)

ghengis86
02-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Let's say you have a cash cow out back that literally shits money everytime you yank on its bridle. the mooing is getting louder each day, but the money keeps flowing. so are going to stop yanking that bridle and collecting that money?

ronpaulfollower999
02-14-2013, 08:59 PM
Repealing the property tax is on Florida Gubernatorial Candidate Adrian Wyllie's platform (http://wyllieforgovernor.com/issues-2/taxes/).

Zippyjuan
02-14-2013, 09:06 PM
States like it primarily because it is a reliable stream of money. If you try to replace it with a sales tax for example, revenues will move up and down with the economy which means lower revenues during declines which are also times when people are demanding more services like unemployment insurance (higher government expenditures) and higher budget deficits in those years. The steady stream makes budget planning much easier.

Anti Federalist
02-14-2013, 09:33 PM
States like it primarily because it is a reliable stream of money. If you try to replace it with a sales tax for example, revenues will move up and down with the economy which means lower revenues during declines which are also times when people are demanding more services like unemployment insurance (higher government expenditures) and higher budget deficits in those years. The steady stream makes budget planning much easier.

So would just showing up with a bunch of cops with machine guns and demanding $1000 from every person in the house.

Why all the fucking around?

Call it the armed extortion it is and drop the pleasantries.

"Sir" my ass.

AGRP
02-14-2013, 09:55 PM
http://melissadesa.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/10_funny_celebrity_gifs3.gif

FrancisMarion
02-14-2013, 10:13 PM
Property taxes pay for schools, fire services, etc. Of course, if such things were privatized, the immoral property tax could be abolished anyway.

But as it is, those that move to a new county and have only paid a couple of years property taxes still have the same access to those services that those who have paid for 30 years. Now that's not fair is it?

We need pro-ration.

angelatc
02-14-2013, 10:15 PM
How bout when you pay off your home note, you owe no more property taxes?

Then you would own your property. Afterall, average length of home "ownership" in relation to time is 7 years. What would the county have to worry about?

Thoughts?

So rich people never need to pay property taxes?

Uhm....I'm thinking that the left will never go for it.

FrancisMarion
02-14-2013, 10:16 PM
I could go for that- just paid off my place. Contact your state governments. Would work better in larger cities with higher property turnover than in small towns where you can have generations live in the same house (my aunt still lives in the house her parents grew up in).

And your aunt has met her quota in my mind justifiably. as it is.

FrancisMarion
02-14-2013, 10:17 PM

No, people that have paid for years never need to.

Gentrification is a dynamic that emerges in poor urban areas when residential shifts, urban planning, and other phenomena affect the composition of a neighborhood.[1] Urban gentrification often involves population migration as poor residents of a neighborhood are displaced. In a community undergoing gentrification, the average income increases and average family size decreases. This generally results in the displacement of the poorer, pre-gentrification residents, who are unable to pay increased rents, and property taxes, or afford real estate. Often old industrial buildings are converted to residences and shops. New businesses, which can afford increased commercial rent, cater to a more affluent base of consumers—further increasing the appeal to higher income migrants and decreasing the accessibility to the poor. Often, resident owners unable to pay the taxes are forced to sell their residences and move to a cheaper community.[2][3]

Political action, either to promote or oppose the gentrification, is often the community's response against unintended economic eviction.[4] However, local governments may favor gentrification because of the increased tax base associated with the new high-income residents, as well as because of other perceived benefits of moving poor people and rehabilitating deteriorated areas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentrification

EDIT: Now I see your point of buying a property with one time payment...

FrancisMarion
02-14-2013, 11:34 PM

Are you assuming that rich people buy property out-right often? I'm under the assumption that one always leaves accessible capital to work in the most promising area. If it is spent in one fell swoop, that is a lot less to be working in the best area for a return.

angelatc
02-15-2013, 12:10 AM
Are you assuming that rich people buy property out-right often? I'm under the assumption that one always leaves accessible capital to work in the most promising area. If it is spent in one fell swoop, that is a lot less to be working in the best area for a return.

Sure, there's a cost of money factor. But by having no mortgage and no property taxes, I just upped the rate of return on my money pretty significantly. Plus when my neighbors quit paying taxes, taxes will go up for the people still paying them.

VoluntaryAmerican
02-15-2013, 12:13 AM
I wonder what would happen if a community full of 2nd amendment loving Americans stopped paying their property tax at the same time?

Philhelm
02-15-2013, 01:15 AM

Then what do state income taxes, state sales taxes, and federal income taxes pay for? Rhetorical question, but I believe valid when confronted with the "rodes 'n fyerfiters" argument.

Philhelm
02-15-2013, 01:16 AM

Sales tax...?

Philhelm
02-15-2013, 01:18 AM
I wonder what would happen if a community full of 2nd amendment loving Americans stopped paying their property tax at the same time?

The Continental Army says hello.

Anti Federalist
02-15-2013, 01:44 AM

/Waco, Ruby Ridge, Chris Dorner, MOVE...