PDA

View Full Version : 407 uncounted ballots from Nov election just found in CA

tsai3904
02-14-2013, 03:26 PM
It's not exactly the kind of Valentine's Day gift elections officials in Sacramento County probably wanted: a bag placed in a storage area that held hundreds of cast -- but uncounted -- ballots from the Nov. 6 election.

Jill La Vine, Sacramento's registrar of voters, says 407 ballots were found by elections officials, cast by voters among 92 different precincts across the county.

"They were in the wrong bag," says La Vine about why the ballots weren't counted. It's not immediately clear who used a bag not intended for ballots, or why.

La Vine says her staff has taken a look to see whether the ballots might have changed the outcome of some of the county's hottest races -- which included a down-to-the-wire congressional contest and a couple of closely watched local ballot measures.

"They would not have changed the outcome of any races," she says. That appears to be, in part, because they came from so many different county precincts.

Sacramento County attorneys, as well as the Secretary of State's office, have already been consulted on the uncounted ballots. And all apparently agree that there's nothing that can be done.

As such, the ballots will be stored -- unopened -- with all of the other ballots from the fall election.

More:
http://www.news10.net/capitol/article/230404/525/Uncounted-fall-ballots-found-in-Sacramento-County

sailingaway
02-14-2013, 03:32 PM
I am sure it is just a small sampling.

Sacramento County attorneys, as well as the Secretary of State's office, have already been consulted on the uncounted ballots. And all apparently agree that there's nothing that can be done.

Yeah.

but note this:

La Vine says her staff has taken a look to see whether the ballots might have changed the outcome of some of the county's hottest races -- which included a down-to-the-wire congressional contest and a couple of closely watched local ballot measures.

and

As such, the ballots will be stored -- unopened -- with all of the other ballots from the fall election.

Dr.3D
02-14-2013, 03:34 PM
I am sure it is just a small sampling.

Yeah.

but note this:

and
Duh... how do you check to see of the ballots would have made a difference if you don't open them?

Spikender
02-14-2013, 03:36 PM

Once again the official story is filled with contradictions.

Maybe they used some special x-ray glasses they ordered out of the newest Avengers comic to see the ballots.

erowe1
02-14-2013, 03:38 PM
Duh... how do you check to see of the ballots would have made a difference if you don't open them?

Maybe because no races were decided by fewer than 407 votes?

Lucille
02-14-2013, 03:38 PM
Yeah, ^, so which is it? Were they looked at or were they stored unsealed?

http://www.washloc.k12.oh.us/levy/images/EveryVoteCounts_1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IgpMS.gif

sailingaway
02-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Maybe because no races were decided by fewer than 407 votes?

It sounded to me that the reason they looked at them was because those races they mentioned were tight enough it could matter. Otherwise, are they looking around for more bags?

erowe1
02-14-2013, 03:52 PM
Oh wait. I bet they're in envelopes with the tallies written on them. They were counted at the precinct.

Zippyjuan
02-14-2013, 07:09 PM
407 ballots over 92 precincts comes to 4.4 ballots per precinct. Total registered voters in Sacramento County: 698,899

http://www.eresults.saccounty.net/
which would make it 0.058% of registered voters.

Link includes election results if anybody wants to scan the list to see what races it may or may not have made a difference in.

pcosmar
02-14-2013, 08:51 PM

You lie,,about one or the other.

but that is entirely too common to be noticed.