PDA

View Full Version : SC State Sen. Tom Davis posted that NDAA Nullification failed in SC senate

nobody's_hero
02-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Davis posted on facebook:

GOP has 28-18 majority in SC Senate, but vote to set NDAA nullification bill for debate and passage just failed, with several Republicans joining with Democrats to defeat it. Similar bills are passing in other states -- the Michigan House of Representatives did it by a vote of 107 to 0 -- but here in SC Senate, with a huge portrait of John C. Calhoun looming over the dais, we can't get the job done. I am greatly embarrassed for the institution.

He followed up with a comment:

Oh, and here's the actual language of S. 92 that those voting "nay" somehow found offensive: "No agency of the State, agency of a political subdivision of the State, officer or employee of the State, officer or employee of a political subdivision of the State, acting in his official capacity, to include any member of the South Carolina Military Department solely on official state duty, or employees of any state or local detention facility solely on official state duty, may engage in an activity that aids an agency of the armed forces of the United States in execution of 50 U.S.C. 1541, as provided by the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012, or any subsequent provision of this law in the detainment of any citizen of the United States in violation of Section 3, Article I, and Section 14, Article I of the South Carolina Constitution."

pochy1776
02-14-2013, 04:30 PM
Wow, I'm starting to like him already.

sailingaway
02-14-2013, 04:32 PM
sigh....

pochy1776
02-14-2013, 04:34 PM
sigh....

South Carolina is neo con territory. I bet NH will nullify it.

supermario21
02-14-2013, 04:34 PM
Those SC GOPers Davis referred to pretty much describes all of Mark Sanford's opponents.

pochy1776
02-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Mark Sanford may not be able to win with his private spending record. But hey, anything could happen. HE NEEDS TO GET ELECTED!@@!

ZENemy
02-14-2013, 04:41 PM
OF course it failed, the states do not represent the people any longer, please, please people see this, its right in front of you.

Even if it passed, a few calls from 0bama and it will be overturned. Legislation is done UNLESS PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO ENFORCE IT.

ZENemy
02-14-2013, 04:42 PM

NH? the FSP? Is that the state that told free people are not allowed to visit or live? Who won this FREE State in the primaries? ROMNEY? lol

twomp
02-14-2013, 04:49 PM
These are the same people who boo'ed Ron Paul and the Golden Rule in a debate. Tyrants

FrancisMarion
02-14-2013, 08:31 PM
These are the same people who boo'ed Ron Paul and the Golden Rule in a debate. Tyrants

After Ron's strong showing in the IA and NH primary the Myrtle Beach Debate was stacked with haters. It does not represent SC as a whole. There are many who understand liberty in SC.

http://img.groundspeak.com/waymarking/display/991acf85-65c5-4126-81f6-f22e7314466b.jpg

Keith and stuff
02-14-2013, 08:42 PM
I doubt it. The sponsor in NH is a very religious (that's off putting to many in NH) Republican that a lot of Democrats and even some Republicans don't like. I will either sign or testify in favor of it during the NH House hearing but I think it will likely fail in the NH House, partly because of the sponsor. If he isn't a sponsor and a combination of Republicans and Democrats are, it might pass next session.

But hey, if you know anyone in NH, ask them to show up. Here is the FB event. https://www.facebook.com/events/331117287007970/

Keith and stuff
02-14-2013, 08:47 PM
NH? the FSP? Is that the state that told free people are not allowed to visit or live? Who won this FREE State in the primaries? ROMNEY? lol
No state ever told free people that they are not allowed to visit or live. In fact, a former governor of NH joined the FSP as a friend and welcomed us to NH. I think you are referring to Keene Rep. Chase. She is a statist activist. She moved from RI to Keene in 2006. Because of her comments, millions of people learned about the FSP. A FSP gave her flowers to thank her. The state newspaper wrote an editorial against her and defending the FSP.

http://freekeene.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/385339_496426217067296_1235960066_n.jpg

As far as the primaries, Ron Paul did better in NH than anywhere else. Thank you for mentioning that. I'm so proud of how well Ron Paul did in NH. http://freestateproject.org/intro/ron_paul