PDA

View Full Version : holy crap someone post this yet? Napolitano on Glenn Beck

jtstellar
02-14-2013, 02:11 PM
i'm on 20min mark and this wows me enough already that i didn't wait to post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnlvMQGkFco

Beck claims he is getting more libertarian by the day and he's even more libertarian than he was 4 years ago saying patriot act is wrong and admitting that he was wrong. he attacks karl rove and Bush and says it may be time for a third party, asks if libertarians will welcome new people with open arms or if they will continue their infighting.. i'm on 19min mark now when napolitano is just about to come on but i gotta say i've never heard a libertarian speech quite like it..

most of us have followed logical reasoning for too long and the emotional appeal part of our brain has been in disuse for quite some time, it's refreshing to hear someone fresh off the politics of emotions make a case for libertarianism, and it tells you what it takes to win a presidency really or any political reform on the federal level, because when an emotional argument comes out in libertarianism it shows what this movement has been lacking. it also says, leaving beliefs aside, there is a world of talent out there that we need to explore, enclosing ourselves and nurture homogeneity will only go the ways of the old LP. there is just a world of talent we need in addition if this war for liberty is to be won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnlvMQGkFco

sailingaway
02-14-2013, 02:11 PM
yeah, some time ago.

jtstellar
02-14-2013, 02:18 PM
shrug maybe there are too many glenn beck threads, my search only showed one on 2/08 that's just a news update for this event that didn't take place until 2/12 which is fewer than 48 hours ago, maybe i missed it but i don't see a thread with the actual event.

nvm the video was later added to the thread, but i doubt someone will dig into who knows what dozen pages into it just to find video of glenn beck a personality most around here aren't fond of. if you missed the video here it is regardless

sailingaway
02-14-2013, 02:24 PM
shrug maybe there are too many glenn beck threads, my search only showed one on 2/08 that's just a news update for this event that didn't take place until 2/12 which is fewer than 48 hours ago, maybe i missed it but i don't see a thread with the actual event.

nvm the video was later added to the thread, but i doubt someone will dig into who knows what dozen pages into it just to find video of glenn beck a personality most around here aren't fond of. if you missed the video here it is regardless

I don't have a problem with you posting it again. It is hard to even keep count of all the threads on one other subject I can think of.

kahless
02-14-2013, 02:34 PM
I don't have a problem with you posting it again. It is hard to even keep count of all the threads on one other subject I can think of.

I have been checking here quite a bit and did not see this video. Great interview. The Judge is the best at articulating the values of individual liberty. As far as Beck it is like Beck 2009 all over again. I just hope there will not be a repeat of him turning on these values when the election cycle heats up.

AGRP
02-14-2013, 02:40 PM
Why do people care about what charlatans think of them?

nayjevin
02-14-2013, 02:51 PM
I have been checking here quite a bit and did not see this video. Great interview. The Judge is the best at articulating the values of individual liberty. As far as Beck it is like Beck 2009 all over again. I just hope there will not be a repeat of him turning on these values when the election cycle heats up.

Ha yeah, can't wait for all these Beck folks interested in a discussion about the 'Libertarian Party' to flock to the next Bob Barr while Rand is making inroads with disgruntled, true conservative GOP'ers.

CaptainAmerica
02-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Glenn Beck is just a business suit.

LibertAtOnce
02-14-2013, 03:01 PM
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0163/2714/products/HolyCrap_CAD_large.jpg?74

TonySutton
02-14-2013, 03:11 PM
yeah glen beck is really doing crappy in the ratings so he needs to do something or go broke.

jtstellar
02-14-2013, 03:14 PM
well politically motivated people take note, this is tremendous opportunity. less ambitious people interested less in restoring liberty but much in the gossip value of anyone who's not libertarian enough i suspect will continue doing whatever it is they do. this is why people on the edges like glenn beck asked what are the corner stones of libertarianism and whether people will continue the infighting.

Spikender
02-14-2013, 03:24 PM
It appears that Beck is always getting more and more Libertarian. What, is his Libertarianism some sort of stat? Is it growing by 0.001% a day or something?

Beck talks the talk all the time, but he fails to walk the walk when it's truly important.

TonySutton
02-14-2013, 03:26 PM
I will believe Glenn Beck has turned over a new leaf when he apologizes to Debra Medina!

ZENemy
02-14-2013, 03:32 PM
A very old and effective tactic.

co-opt
(k-pt, kpt)
tr.v. co-opt·ed, co-opt·ing, co-opts
1. To elect as a fellow member of a group.
2. To appoint summarily.
3. To take or assume for one's own use; appropriate: co-opted the criticism by embracing it.
4. To neutralize or win over (an independent minority, for example) through assimilation into an established group or culture: co-opt rebels by giving them positions of authority.

jtstellar
02-14-2013, 05:07 PM
some can't seem to grasp the difference between letting glenn beck communicate to evangelicals which is what he's best at, and giving him your bank account

Bastiat's The Law
02-14-2013, 06:24 PM
The story here is all the people turning on the establishment and Karl Rove and finally exposing them for what they are.

It's also a win when one of our guys gets an hour of face time on another big media platform. Win/Win to me.

Spikender
02-14-2013, 06:26 PM
some can't seem to grasp the difference between letting glenn beck communicate to evangelicals which is what he's best at, and giving him your bank account

And you can't seem to grasp that Glenn Beck has pulled this crap before. I used to be huge fan of him, I know.

At the same time, I'm not blindly attacking him. I myself pointed out that he knows how to communicate, but never lives up to what he says. Whenever an important election swings around, bet on Beck to tuck his tail between his legs and rationalize choosing someone like Santorum or Romney.

jcannon98188
02-14-2013, 07:07 PM
I miss this Glenn. Too bad when it comes time for election season, he will jump behind Rubio.

acptulsa
02-14-2013, 07:12 PM

Too bad some are foolish enough to think they can control his message, recommend him during non-election seasons and un-recommend him during election years, and avoid getting us all beckstabbed when the time comes.

dinosaur
02-14-2013, 07:52 PM
The story here is all the people turning on the establishment and Karl Rove and finally exposing them for what they are.

It's also a win when one of our guys gets an hour of face time on another big media platform. Win/Win to me.

Or the story is that people are waking up, and this is forcing the talking heads to adjust their pulbic image and say "me too, I'm one of you".

misean
02-14-2013, 08:00 PM
yeah glen beck is really doing crappy in the ratings so he needs to do something or go broke.

He was the 11th highest paid entertainer last year with his network. He pocketed 80 mill. Not sure he's going broke.

ClydeCoulter
02-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Cool, this version of the video has the part after the last commercial.

paulbot24
02-14-2013, 08:11 PM
He was awfully passionate about co-opting Ron Paul's Tea Party too. I bought his books when I was in neocon wonderland and he had me believing he was the father of the Tea Party until I ummm, actually did some of my own research for once in my life and found out he was just repeating some of what Ron has said for decades. Poorly. Still defective Beck.

jtstellar
02-14-2013, 08:12 PM
to borrow a chinese idiom.. "因材施教", copy and paste this into google, and find out why bashing over people's head with a baseball bat doesn't always work in conversion. this movement seems in dire need of some wisdom in ways of people at times.

edit: forget it why don't i just post it

1. teach students in accordance with their aptitude; educate someone according to his natural ability; modify one's way of teaching to suit the special requirements of each class or case; suit the teaching to the ability of the pupils; teach a person according to what he is good for; teach each man according to his merits; use such teaching methods as are best adapted to the students

phx420
02-14-2013, 08:12 PM
I watched this and have that familiar warm fuzzy feeling I had a couple years ago when he did the history of the u.s chalk board talks on fox... I then remembered it's conclusion when he said he had finally solved the conspiracy of the global Islamic caliphate.. and I'm now meeting all sorts of people who believe it.. the frustration level here goes without saying but we can't alienate his supporters because liberty will appeal to everyone.. so I welcome his brand of libertarianism and his crazies

sparebulb
02-14-2013, 08:21 PM
I'm quite certain that if one would get to look at Glenn's appointment calendar, one would find that he has scheduled himself to perform a rimjob on Rubio, Santorum, George P Bush, Palin, or a neocon-to-be-named-later sometime before Nov 2016.

Future quote: "I really like Rand Paul. It's his supporters that I despise."

paulbot24
02-14-2013, 08:23 PM
to borrow a chinese idiom.. "因材施教", copy and paste this into google, and find out why bashing over people's head with a baseball bat doesn't always work in conversion. this movement seems in dire need of some wisdom in ways of people at times.

We's in dire need of a cat herder is what I hear round these parts.

jtstellar
02-14-2013, 08:31 PM
We's in dire need of a cat herder is what I hear round these parts.

if people like glenn beck would commit to libertarianism w/o flip flop i think my activism days might be over

Fukthenannystate
02-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Glen Beck is a continental drift

TomtheTinker
02-14-2013, 09:35 PM

It isn't so much a story as it is a strategy-Team Talk Radio (Rush, Glenn, Levin ect.) are establishing themselves as the anti establishment in an effort to block any true grassroots movement. When the time comes they will turn their backs on any freedom based policy or candidates .

rprprs
02-15-2013, 07:10 AM
I'm quite certain that if one would get to look at Glenn's appointment calendar, one would find that he has scheduled himself to perform a rimjob on Rubio, Santorum, George P Bush, Palin, or a neocon-to-be-named-later sometime before Nov 2016.

Future quote: "I really like Rand Paul. It's his supporters that I despise."

One needn't look into the future for pertinent Beck quotes. One need only listen to the vid just after the 1 minute mark:

I speak fluent bullcrap.
Enough said.

kathy88
02-15-2013, 07:44 AM
A trip down memory lane.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/09/17/glenn-to-ron-paul-supporters-ron-paul-is-not-running/

You have to give Ron Paul supporters credit on one front – they never give up! They’ll fight to the bitter end, regardless of whether or not their man is actual still in there fighting. Like the mysterious and brave Black Knight (see clip at the bottom of this post), they will not let seemingly insurmountable obstacles get in the way of their goal.

“Ron Paul people I have had it up to here. Romney called the Fed and begged them not to do this. Romney is not an abolish the Fed guy but at least he’s a ‘Let’s not burn the country down guy’,” Glenn said.

“You guys are so delusional you’re going to lead to the Arab Spring. What is wrong with you people? Ron Paul is not running. He’s not running,” Glenn said.

Pat also begged libertarians not to vote for Gary Johnson, the Libertarian

“Please by all that is holy don’t split that vote,” Pat said.

“If you think he can win God bless you then vote for him. If you’re trying to make some point you’re out of your mind,” Glenn added.

Glenn said that while Romney was not the guy who had the stance he wanted on all the issues, but he is a small government guy who will steer America in the right path and not the direction Obama has been taking the country for four years.

“(Obama’s) going to be worse than he was in the first four years. What do you think when he says I’m going to get a little more latitude when I’m elected the second time? What do you think he’s going to do?” Glenn asked

moostraks
02-15-2013, 08:26 AM
It isn't so much a story as it is a strategy-Team Talk Radio (Rush, Glenn, Levin ect.) are establishing themselves as the anti establishment in an effort to block any true grassroots movement. When the time comes they will turn their backs on any freedom based policy or candidates .

Absolutely. Beck is a divisive character and is always becoming more libertarian. They might "expose" Rove but they will continue using his strategies. The people with the real power don't care if their name is recognized. It is the results that they are after. The opinion of the little people is irrelevent as they are giants in their own mind. Secrecy is part of the game for them. Georgia guidestones is a perfect example. It cost a fortune in little people money to get that done and NO ONE knows who was behind it. I used to live in the area and knew old timers in the know in those parts where keeping a secret is mighty hard. It ain't about getting name recognition it is about an agenda. Beware the Becks of this world.

Thor
02-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Beck becomes more and more libertarian all the time... then right before the election, falls back in line under the Neocon overlords. Douche.

Athan
02-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Beck is in need of a good Beckstabbing.

SpreadOfLiberty
02-17-2013, 10:04 PM
I'm just watching the beginning and it is great. Beck blasting Bush for debt and bailouts, blasting Karl Rove.

SpreadOfLiberty
02-17-2013, 10:45 PM
This is GOLD. Spread this far and wide among Republican voters, and all voters for that matter!

itshappening
02-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Beck is probably our best MSM ally even after all the sh&t he;s done and the crap he talks about Alex Jones, just having the Judge on and going through these issues is educational and he has a huge audience as well as a popular website.

I want them to have Schiff on and to continue the good work

NorfolkPCSolutions
02-17-2013, 11:14 PM
It hasn't been said yet, so I guess I'll have to do it...

aaa...AAA...AHH...winding up for it...

Fuck Glenn Beck. Two hands; two fingers.

NorfolkPCSolutions
02-17-2013, 11:23 PM
Beck is probably our best MSM ally even after all the sh&t he;s done and the crap he talks about Alex Jones, just having the Judge on and going through these issues is educational and he has a huge audience as well as a popular website.

I want them to have Schiff on and to continue the good work

OMFG, you know I have respect for your point of view, but this post is ludicrous. Can I respect you as I simultaneously heap scorn upon your above post? I say yes...but I suggest a rethink of your point of view - I don't see your logic. The man is an ACTOR, for the sake of fuck, an empty vessel, a hollow barrel formed of fail and AIDS made somehow able to sprout legs and achieve forward locomotion without falling forward onto his face, a weasel, a charlatan, and an all-round piece of shit human being. He sucks.

I disagree strongly with the man on many issues, and disapprove of your above post. Still think you're cool, though. Just wrong.

jtstellar
02-18-2013, 10:44 PM
in case people missed this incredibly good video.. before it gets old