PDA

View Full Version : Dorner to captives: 'I just want to clear my name'

green73
02-14-2013, 11:06 AM
Just a few hours before he was believed to have been killed, fugitive ex-cop Christopher Jordan Dorner told a couple he tied up and gagged: “I don’t have a problem with you. I just want to clear my name.”

Dorner said those words to the couple after nearly a week of eluding authorities, who pursued the former LAPD officer after police say he killed several people. He had apparently been in a Big Bear area condo for as many as five days before the husband and wife who own the unit entered the property Tuesday around noon, the couple told reporters.

"He tried to calm us down, saying very frequently, he would not kill us,” said Jim Reynolds, 66, who has owned the condo with his wife for 12 years. "He huddled down beside me and said 'you're going to be quiet, right? Not make a fuss and let me get away?' "

cont
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/dorner-to-captives-i-just-want-to-clear-my-name.html

green73
02-14-2013, 11:07 AM
via Rockwell, who writes

Even the $1 Million Dorner Reward Was Phony. It was to be awarded when Dorner was captured and convicted, but he was always going to be murdered.

acptulsa
02-14-2013, 11:11 AM
So, at one point they were indeed in the 'empty rental cabin that had no one but Dorner in it', right? And the media is making a point of not saying that Dorner let them go, right?

kcchiefs6465
02-14-2013, 11:15 AM
Definitely would have been an interesting couple of hours, that's for sure. You never know truly what is in someone's mind but I wouldn't have been too worried about Dorner. I would have been worried that the cops would shoot the cabin to pieces or light it on fire though. I wonder if they were?

shane77m
02-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Definitely would have been an interesting couple of hours, that's for sure. You never know truly what is in someone's mind but I wouldn't have been too worried about Dorner. I would have been worried that the cops would shoot the cabin to pieces or light it on fire though. I wonder if they were?

As I was listening to one of the broadcast as this was going down, one of the people living in the area was being interviewed by the media and he said he was more scared of the cops than of Dorner.

AuH20
02-14-2013, 11:49 AM
I perosnally would have not called 911, not because I admire Dorner because the police deserve all the havoc they have planted over the years.

Danke
02-14-2013, 11:50 AM
So, at one point they were indeed in the 'empty rental cabin that had no one but Dorner in it', right? And the media is making a point of not saying that Dorner let them go, right?

Isn't that a different site? He fled from this condo with that couple's truck, crashed it, hijacked another truck on the road before ending up in the cabin that burned down.

Right?

Danke
02-14-2013, 11:52 AM
I perosnally would have not called 911, not because I admire Dorner because the police deserve all the havoc they have planted over the years.

Yeah, I bet less people will cooperate in the future when they find out the cops aren't paying the reward money.

kcchiefs6465
02-14-2013, 11:53 AM
As I was listening to one of the broadcast as this was going down, one of the people living in the area was being interviewed by the media and he said he was more scared of the cops than of Dorner.
And rightfully so...

http://i.imgur.com/cRzyinv.jpg?1

acptulsa
02-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Isn't that a different site? He fled from this condo with that couple's truck, crashed it, hijacked another truck on the road before ending up in the cabin that burned down.

Right?

Damned if I know. I've looked at a few different timelines and can't find the condo. And I see only mention of his own truck, which was burned out completely but somehow the cops know what kind of gear was in it, and the truck he stole from a resident of Big Bear and drove over the mountain ridge south of town.

Amazing that there can be this much coverage and details can remain this sketchy.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I bet less people will cooperate in the future when they find out the cops aren't paying the reward money.

That fuckjob was no surprise.

I see nothing on the news regarding hostages. Did the cops kill hostages too? (not that I expect anything from news... just confused as to whether they are ignoring it or not. I'd think they'd blame hostage deaths on Dorner.)

acptulsa
02-14-2013, 12:16 PM
http://www.ksat.com/news/Timeline-in-manhunt-for-ex-L-A-cop/-/478452/18451698/-/item/3/-/cqqohq/-/index.html

So, apparently 'the couple' was a couple of women, and Dorner stole a purple Nissan from them after burning his own gray Nissan. He crashed that trying to get away from the game wardens, and carjacked the silver crew cab from the married people. That would be the one he drove over the mountain, and after he broke its axle he went to visit a friend (maybe) and found another rental, this one with the owners not around.

Anyone know anything to contradict that?

kcchiefs6465
02-14-2013, 12:28 PM
http://www.ksat.com/news/Timeline-in-manhunt-for-ex-L-A-cop/-/478452/18451698/-/item/3/-/cqqohq/-/index.html

So, apparently 'the couple' was a couple of women, and Dorner stole a purple Nissan from them after burning his own gray Nissan. He crashed that trying to get away from the game wardens, and carjacked the silver crew cab from the married people. That would be the one he drove over the mountain, and after he broke its axle he went to visit a friend (maybe) and found another rental, this one with the owners not around.

Anyone know anything to contradict that?
The OP?

ETA:
"He tried to calm us down, saying very frequently, he would not kill us,” said Jim Reynolds, 66, who has owned the condo with his wife for 12 years. "He huddled down beside me and said 'you're going to be quiet, right? Not make a fuss and let me get away?' "

Unless you are referring to another set of hostages?

acptulsa
02-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Unless you are referring to another set of hostages?

I don't know. The official story doesn't give him time to hang around in a condo after abandoning the purple truck, somewhere he was alleged to have held two women hostage, and a friend of the owner of the light colored (white or silver) crew cab he carjacked in the middle of his firefight with game wardens said the driver of it was a man. So, I'm having trouble.

kcchiefs6465
02-14-2013, 12:58 PM
I don't know. The official story doesn't give him time to hang around in a condo after abandoning the purple truck, somewhere he was alleged to have held two women hostage, and a friend of the owner of the light colored (white or silver) crew cab he carjacked in the middle of his firefight with game wardens said the driver of it was a man. So, I'm having trouble.
Yeah, you can read ten different news sources and get ten different versions of what happened. The only thing they seem to agree on is, "the cops didn't set the cabin on fire on purpose."

acptulsa
02-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Yeah, you can read ten different news sources and get ten different versions of what happened. The only thing they seem to agree on is, "the cops didn't set the cabin on fire on purpose."

When the only thing they can get their heads together on is a demonstrable baldfaced lie, it's pretty depressing.

FSP-Rebel
02-14-2013, 02:02 PM
And rightfully so...

http://i.imgur.com/cRzyinv.jpg?1
Despite the tragedy of those people being shot, from the looks of the bullet holes it looks like some of the cops had blind folds on.

shane77m
02-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Despite the tragedy of those people being shot, from the looks of the bullet holes it looks like some of the cops had blind folds on.

The holes go from tires to roof. Someone must have had a gun with a lot of recoil. LOL

kcchiefs6465
02-14-2013, 03:08 PM
NEW VIDEO RELEASED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CZxGjs00yQ

Footage of the shootout. There is a slightly longer version I'm trying to find on youtube.

A clearer version (possibly edited)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwmF3tjpEI

ETA: Here is the video I was looking for

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIpfGFMtaJw