PDA

View Full Version : Rand's strategy against Rubio

Havax
02-14-2013, 07:37 AM
I've found it interesting listening to Rand when people ask him about Rubio. He is definitely being diplomatic and cordial every time Rubio is brought up, but he his very succinct and brief in his praise. I wonder how the primary will go and if Rand will follow Ron's campaign and go super negative with ads in the early states like Iowa and NH? Will Rand viciously go after him in debates or will he take Romney's approach of pretty much not criticizing any of his opponents if he can help it? If it's the latter approach, it might not be the same results for Rand since Romney was the frontrunner from the beginning and Rand will be starting from behind and has ground to make up.

I'm sure the GOP will be very cautious this time around and not have 20 debates where the candidates shred each other to pieces and leave the nominee damaged in the general. This will probably be the GOP's last stand in 2016 so they will be doing everything in their power to get united behind someone early. If we lose in 2016, I'm sure the tipping point will have been reached of people depending on handouts and there will be no looking back. It's going to be the most important election in the history of the country and I'm glad we have a legit chance.

So what do you think Rand's strategy should or will be when it comes to going against Rubio? As aggressive as Ron was against other candidates? Or more of being the positive uniting figure that doesn't attack the other candidates and just stands on his own message? He has to choose very carefully. And will Benton likely be the campaign manager since he was in Rand's senatorial race?

itshappening
02-14-2013, 07:40 AM
I'd be more worried about Santorum especially in Iowa. We need to expose his horrible voting record!

Mr.NoSmile
02-14-2013, 08:50 AM
I'd be more worried about Santorum especially in Iowa. We need to expose his horrible voting record!

Santorum's own words will harm him. The 'blah people' line? His whole bit about women in combat creating compromising positions being juxtaposed with now people wanting women in combat? It helps to expose his flaws as well for the evangelical voter who may still be into him, particularly in the South, but he'll bring harm to himself as well.

CaptUSA
02-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Rubio and Santorum will both self-implode. Neither one of them can stand scrutiny.

Better to make yoursef the second choice for people who like those two, than to make yourself an enemy of them. Discrediting either one of these people at this time would be foolish.

Trust me, folks. At this point, you don't want to turn people away from Rubio, you want people to accept Rubio OR Rand. If Rubio's supporters (I can't even really call them that - the people who have bought into the Rubio story is better) find you trashing him in favor of Rand, most of them will not come around to liking Rand better, they will grow to despise Rand because his supporters don't like their guy - therefore there must be something wrong with Rand. We need to learn the lessons of 2012. If Ron Paul was at least "acceptable" to mainstream republicans, he would have beaten Romney, and then Obama, in a landslide. Don't push Rubio's supporters away.

Tax the Fed
02-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Rubio and Santorum will both self-implode. Neither one of them can stand scrutiny.

. . . Don't push Rubio's supporters away.

During the debates leading up to 2016 let the grassroots of Rand Paul go all out against the two doofuses
that assure the GOP loss - only Rand could win back the White House for the GOP.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/rand001a_zps15beeed0.jpg

itshappening
02-14-2013, 11:22 AM
I agree, don't push Rubio's supporters because we'll need them when he inevitably collapses on the big stage. The other night is nothing to the long, drawn out battle he will face having to slog round the rural counties of Iowa and perform on the big debate stage which we know he can't do.

Tax the Fed
02-14-2013, 11:32 AM
I agree, don't push Rubio's supporters because we'll need them when he inevitably collapses on the big stage. The other night is nothing to the long, drawn out battle he will face having to slog round the rural counties of Iowa and perform on the big debate stage which we know he can't do.

If Rand can't compete on the big debate stage - and I think you gotta see what will happen just as in the Grayson primary in Ky. . . .
then it makes absolutely no difference whether the grassroots throws snowballs at Rubio neocon supporters or kisses up to them.

Rubio, the hispanic neocon is no savior . . . doesn't walk on water, even though he can drink it ok on the national stage. LOL

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/rubio1_zps7ab7f817.gif