PDA

View Full Version : MO: Police mistake maple syrup operation for meth lab

XNavyNuke
02-14-2013, 06:00 AM
http://www.kfvs12.com/story/21192844/suspected-meth-lab-turns-out-to-be-sweet-maple-syrup

The makers were lucky Deputy Fief was having a good day. Where would our country be without "see something, say something"?

XNN

tod evans
02-14-2013, 06:17 AM
And the Benson's want to thank their neighbors for being so alert and notifying the police.

"I think my neighbors on their way to church see the buckets and stuff and think we've got a meth lab operation going on here. I just want to put their minds at ease, and let them know it's maple syrup. And that they're all welcome for pancakes if they want to come on over."

Fuck that!

If my neighbors call the cops on me for any reason I solemnly vow to punch said neighbor in the nose every time see him from that day forward.

Folks like the lady who had the cops called on her making excuses for her neighbors behavior because of "The War on Drugs" or any other war are part of the problem...

Cops are not the solution to anything, this idea folks have to run-tell appalls me...

Anti Federalist
02-14-2013, 06:28 AM
Fuck that!

If my neighbors call the cops on me for any reason I solemnly vow to punch said neighbor in the nose every time see him from that day forward.

Folks like the lady who had the cops called on her making excuses for her neighbors behavior because of "The War on Drugs" or any other war are part of the problem...

Cops are not the solution to anything, this idea folks have to run-tell appalls me...

These idiots will apologize to the guards stuffing them into the showers, for stepping on their toes.

Unless that was sarcasm, directed at a neighbor that they have a long running feud with.

Which is entirely possible, wouldn't be the first time some city asshole moved in next to a farm or what have you, and immediately started complaining about the smell, or the unsightly tractors or the noisy work trucks.

Anti Federalist
02-14-2013, 06:41 AM
"I heard the dogs barking. ANd I knew that meant somebody was outside the house," said Laura Benson. "And I looked out the windows and I seen a truck coming up the driveway fairly fast. And an Anna police car right behind it."

Lucky dogs...very very lucky dogs.

And of course, the people, blissfully unaware of how close their dogs, or themselves, came to being killed.

kathy88
02-14-2013, 06:51 AM
Fuck that!

Our neighbors called the cops on our son's band practicing in the barn - never late, early afternoon.... anyhoo long story short my husband snuck up in the woods behind their house and set up his electronic crow call on the loudest setting and left it there until the batteries ran dead. They called the cops again. The cop thought it was hysterical.

Origanalist
02-14-2013, 07:08 AM
Do they have a permit for that maple syrup? A license to harvest the sap? ARE THEIR PERMITS IN ORDER?

Origanalist
02-14-2013, 07:12 AM
Has the EPA done an environmental impact study on this sapping of tree's? Are those storage tubs government approved?

Origanalist
02-14-2013, 07:15 AM
Are all local ordinances complied with? Are the animals properly licensed and cared for? Call the ASPCA to make sure.

belian78
02-14-2013, 09:11 AM
The only thing I will say that resembles a defense here is that meth is running rampant down all around there. When I rampant I mean it, every little subsidized housing area has at least 2 cooks, it's a sad state of affairs. But hell, this article says they've been making syrup for more than 5 years. Any neighbor worth a crap would know that.

EBounding
02-14-2013, 09:45 AM
Do they have a permit for that maple syrup? A license to harvest the sap? ARE THEIR PERMITS IN ORDER?

I'm going to report them to the FDA and USDA. How do we know this is "real" maple syrup? I am a Good Citizen.

fr33
02-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Mrs. Butterworth; crackwhore
http://www.29-95.com/files/images/bm.jpg

Tod
02-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Maple syrup is undoubtedly just a cover for the meth lab. :rolleyes:

TonySutton
02-14-2013, 10:33 AM
This is in IL

Anti Federalist
02-14-2013, 11:02 AM
The only thing I will say that resembles a defense here is that meth is running rampant down all around there. When I rampant I mean it, every little subsidized housing area has at least 2 cooks, it's a sad state of affairs. But hell, this article says they've been making syrup for more than 5 years. Any neighbor worth a crap would know that.

Well OK, never mind all the arguments about drug prohibition and the WoD.

Last time I checked, meth doesn't come from trees.

SMH if these people were serious about this...maybe they need to ask if the trees are getting an approved amount of Brawndo every day.

Anti Federalist
02-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Mrs. Butterworth; crackwhore
http://www.29-95.com/files/images/bm.jpg

You ever read the label on the crap that passes for "maple syrup" lately?

Closer to the truth than you might think.

belian78
02-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Well OK, never mind all the arguments about drug prohibition and the WoD.

Last time I checked, meth doesn't come from trees.

SMH if these people were serious about this...maybe they need to ask if the trees are getting an approved amount of Brawndo every day.

Calm down AF, like I said I was in no way defending the calling of the police, only that meth is a massive problem in southern illinois. Yes I also think the WoD is a waste, and anyone should be able to put anything in their bodies they want and all that, I was only saying I can see why someone had a hyperactive response to equipment that they may not know anything about.

Take a breath man, I'm not the enemy here.

puppetmaster
02-14-2013, 11:15 AM
lol I live in a private rural area and my neighbors know to leave others the hell alone. No county roads just private drives keep the looky loos away aslo.

puppetmaster
02-14-2013, 11:17 AM
Calm down AF, like I said I was in no way defending the calling of the police, only that meth is a massive problem in southern illinois. Yes I also think the WoD is a waste, and anyone should be able to put anything in their bodies they want and all that, I was only saying I can see why someone had a hyperactive response to equipment that they may not know anything about.

meth kills fairly quickly and that will weed out these idiots

Cowlesy
02-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Just wanted to say, I freaking love real maple syrup. So, so good.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-14-2013, 11:23 AM
Fuck that!

+repped. What the fuck is wrong with people?

These idiots will apologize to the guards stuffing them into the showers, for stepping on their toes.

Unless that was sarcasm, directed at a neighbor that they have a long running feud with.

Which is entirely possible, wouldn't be the first time some city asshole moved in next to a farm or what have you, and immediately started complaining about the smell, or the unsightly tractors or the noisy work trucks.

In which case, people should move into a neighborhood they like instead of moving into a neighborhood and then trying to turn it into something it wasn't. I'm similarly agitated by companies who buy properties and then pay their buddies for zoning changes. I'm rather against zoning laws at all, but it's still shady shit.

phill4paul
02-14-2013, 11:23 AM

On crispy bacon.

Anti Federalist
02-14-2013, 11:24 AM

LOL - Did I come off that harsh?

Not directed at you at all...just a general sort of comment that even with a "meth problem" I should think that people would know enough to know that meth don't come from trees.

That's what I get for walking around in a high state of piss off all the time.

belian78
02-14-2013, 11:26 AM
meth kills fairly quickly and that will weed out these idiots

It really doesn't, it wastes the person away slowly, the line between tweaked up delusion and reality wears away far before the addicts internal organs start to shut down. I know this from trying to help a loved one for as long as I could stand to witness it.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
meth kills fairly quickly...

All substances can be dangerous. For the most part, if meth labs were such an explosive problem, why aren't we seeing meth lab explosions daily? Do you think they wouldn't trot that shit out like they do meth materials in the back of some idiot's pick up truck?

belian78
LOL - Did I come off that harsh?

Not directed at you at all...just a general sort of comment that even with a "meth problem" I should think that people would know enough to know that meth don't come from trees.

That what I get for walking around in a high state of piss off all the time.
No worries mate. :)

Anti Federalist
02-14-2013, 11:27 AM

I boil my own, when the timing is right.

I've got sugar maples all over the place.

Anti Federalist
02-14-2013, 11:29 AM
All substances can be dangerous. For the most part, if meth labs were such an explosive problem, why aren't we seeing meth lab explosions daily? Do you think they wouldn't trot that shit out like they do meth materials in the back of some idiot's pick up truck?

Well, maybe they aren't.

I mean, if the cops are chucking grenades into meth houses, which seems to be SOP, they maybe they aren't all that dangerous.

pcosmar
02-14-2013, 11:32 AM
It really doesn't, it wastes the person away slowly, the line between tweaked up delusion and reality wears away far before the addicts internal organs start to shut down. I know this from trying to help a loved one for as long as I could stand to witness it.
It is the Crap poisonous shit that has those effects.
The only reason that shit exists is because all the quality Methamphetamine has been pulled from the market.
And yet there is still a market for speed..
If there was quality speed available, these half assed producers would be out of business.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-14-2013, 11:34 AM
Well, maybe they aren't.

I mean, if the cops are chucking grenades into meth houses, which seems to be SOP, they maybe they aren't all that dangerous.

Well, meth and grenades are certainly a more deadly combination. I'll just say from a chemistry standpoint, it must be crazy how meth production causes grenades.

Anti Federalist
02-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Well, meth and grenades are certainly a more deadly combination. I'll just say from a chemistry standpoint, it must be crazy how meth production causes grenades.

Cops cause grenades.

fr33
02-14-2013, 11:36 AM

I don't have any stats but there have been quite a few meth labs burned down or blown up in my neck 'o the woods.

Another thing to consider is they steal anhydrous ammonia from farms and if that stuff spills somebody could get seriously injured or killed.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-14-2013, 12:04 PM
I don't have any stats but there have been quite a few meth labs burned down or blown up in my neck 'o the woods.

Another thing to consider is they steal anhydrous ammonia from farms and if that stuff spills somebody could get seriously injured or killed.

Theft is theft. I'll call that wrong every time.

I have draino, bleach, and pool chemicals in my house. All of those, along with driving to the store, or driving a kid to school, could get someone seriously injured or killed.

I'm not a meth user (never tried it), and don't even want to be a meth defender. I just dislike the lies the police state rolls out. That's all.

asurfaholic
02-14-2013, 12:52 PM
All this is making me want to put some hot chocolate on, some comfty pj's, and watch back to back to back to back episodes of breaking bad.

XNavyNuke
02-14-2013, 12:55 PM

The comment seemed overly sweet. I took it as a "bless your heart" directed at the stool pigeons.

XNN

XNavyNuke
02-14-2013, 01:03 PM
This is in IL

Yep. You're right. Maybe a mod can change the thread title.

XNN

Anti Federalist
02-14-2013, 03:07 PM
The comment seemed overly sweet. I took it as a "bless your heart" directed at the stool pigeons.

XNN

Well, I was trying to be diplomatic.

I can't win for losing.

Gimmee a drink

Pericles
02-14-2013, 04:36 PM
Maple syrup is undoubtedly just a cover for the meth lab. :rolleyes:

I can see why they wanted to check it out, the good stuff is addicting - don't know about the meth.:)

Keith and stuff
02-14-2013, 04:48 PM
This is in IL

It seems that way to me.

anaconda
02-14-2013, 04:53 PM
The noose is tightening around our collective neck in this country.