PDA

View Full Version : November 30th Name and Reason for it

ssforronpaul
11-22-2007, 09:42 PM
If you are in the camp of having a bomb on November 30th at least tie it into the end of Operation Desert Storm that officially ended on November 30, 1995 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_30).

Say something like:

Help end the current conflict in Iraq by donating a money bomb to Ron Paul on the 12th anniversary of the last time we officially ended a conflict involving Iraq.

ss

jgmaynard
11-22-2007, 09:49 PM
Another couple ideas:

I looked up the history of Nov 30 and that day in 1950, Truman refused to rule out the use of nuclear weapons in Korea - this could tie in with all the RINOs saying they would use nukes in Iran. It's also the anniversary (1993) of the Brady Bill being signed into law - could get gun folks behind us.

JM

dircha
11-22-2007, 09:53 PM
That's a good idea.

I don't personally like the rudysreadlinglist idea because I don't think it has great appeal, but it was effectively up to the guy who owned the November 5th mailing list. He's the one who sent out the email for the 30th fundraiser to 15,000+ people.

The problem is I've got to think the patience of people on that list is wearing thin, so I don't think he exactly has a lot of influence left with them to try to change the meaning again.

I think what it's going to come down to is that the 30th will be a nice bump, and if the campaign still thinks they need more or if our daily totals are still slumping, they will send out another official email next week rallying another strong day too.

I think that's the best we can hope for at this point.

AlexMerced
11-22-2007, 09:55 PM
with only 8 days left, we probably might as well go with the name it gots and get people signed upand pedged, 8 days for 5 mil, let's make it happen

Cindy
11-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Another couple ideas:

I looked up the history of Nov 30 and that day in 1950, Truman refused to rule out the use of nuclear weapons in Korea - this could tie in with all the RINOs saying they would use nukes in Iran. It's also the anniversary (1993) of the Brady Bill being signed into law - could get gun folks behind us.

JM

That might may it look like we support the use of nukes.

Why can't it just be something general like,

Ron Paul Appreciation day

or

Our Hero's Day

or

$30 for Paul on the 30th

Cindy
11-22-2007, 10:22 PM
The reason is simple. HQ said they need what we can afford to send ASAP as they need to reserve and pay for space for Comercials in the OTHER early primary states, SC, FL, NV now. The asked us not to wait if we have it now.

If anyone thinks Paul will spend money not in the bank yet, or bankrupt his cash on hand speculating on what will come in for the rest of December, you have more studying on him to do.

I'm still printing flyers for the tea party and still have links for it in my other forum sigs. We can keep promoting that and plan on donating then too. It will do very well!

Getting Paul an extra $500,000-$1,000,000 on Nov. 30th would be a smart move.

Just my dollar worth 2 cents.

dircha
11-22-2007, 10:27 PM
And even though I don't necessarily think the marketing is great, as I said in the other thread, I am still planning to contribute on the 30th because it falls within the 2 week timeframe urged by the campaign, and because I get paid on the 30th.

And so far 769 other people have pledged to contribute as well in a very short amount of time, and hopefully by Monday morning when everyone else gets back and has a chance to check their email, many other people will sign up too.

This 30th date can be a strong part of the 2 week push the campaign tells us they need, so I'm doing my level best to support it.

jgmaynard
11-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Oh, I don't think we were looking for a REASON to donate, just a rallying call for the day - a theme. The e-mail's already gone out about it being the Rudy's reading list day, so it's kinda a moot point to discuss at this point.

JM