PDA

View Full Version : Automated Recycling Cans with RFID

jim49er
02-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Who has had these and how do you remove them? Are they inside the can?

Data collected by the township shows between 36 and 38 percent of residents recycle.

Identifying neighborhoods with low participation will get easier once the automated recycling program is in place, Pezarras said. Modern automated recycling cans come with tiny chips located inside that are tracked when the truck dumps its contents.

Pezarras said that will allow the township to target future informational campaigns with the intent of increasing participation.

http://brick.patch.com/articles/automated-recycling-cans-start-going-to-residents-this-week

TonySutton
02-13-2013, 08:30 PM
It doesn't show what you recycled, only that you placed it on the curb. It could be empty.

jim49er
02-13-2013, 08:50 PM
It doesn't show what you recycled, only that you placed it on the curb. It could be empty.

I plan on recycling like always but they can take that chip with them.

DamianTV
02-14-2013, 03:49 AM
Im sure many of you dont know this.

In Michigan, there is a 10 cent refund on every can and bottle. It creates an incentive to recycle. Jack up the price a bit, but get it all back by turning it into a local grocery store. No fucking fines. No nanny state. People have an incentive to pick their shit up. Admittedly, it doesnt work quite as well any more with the devaluation of the dollar. I'd say the price of soda where I now live has doubled in the last five years. But I think it was a far better approach than to try issuing tickets and citations.

There is a bigger picture here.

There is a lesson they want you to learn and to always be aware of. "We are always fucking you, and you better do what the fuck you are told to do, because we told you to do it." The Chains of Obedience. Ever wonder what happens to the people who refuse to cite you for not following this motto to the T?

tod evans
02-14-2013, 03:57 AM
When I was a kid beer and soda bottles were worth money, if memory serves 2 cents....But a candy bar was 10-15 cents so kids had a reason to gather trash and "recycle"...

Now kids sit on their asses and mommy brings home government sponsored candy because it's not "safe" out in the real world..

Back on topic.......A hammer and punch should disable a RFID...

Smart3
02-14-2013, 04:00 AM
Why does it matter if it comes with an RFID chip?

Seriously, we have more important battles.

DamianTV
02-14-2013, 04:56 AM
Why does it matter if it comes with an RFID chip?

Seriously, we have more important battles.

... anything you say / do can and WILL be used against you in a Court of Law. (read: NOT Court of Justice)

TywinLannister
02-14-2013, 05:11 AM
When I was a kid, at least through the mid 90s, there was a place where you could take cans, plastic, paper, whatever, they would weigh it and give you cash. I made some money that way collecting cans. There was incentive for me to recycle. That place is long gone.

Most of my family recycles and usually has a space on their counter dedicated to leaving bottles and cans. Throw a bottle in the garbage and they act like you just stomped a kitten to death.

So now instead of having a place to take the stuff to make money, the government expects me to spend time and effort separating the stuff and hauling a second container to the curb, while THEY get to collect all the money. Well, they can go fuck themselves. I throw cans bottles etc right in the garbage with everything else, I save time and have clean counters.

jmdrake
02-14-2013, 05:28 AM
Im sure many of you dont know this.

In Michigan, there is a 10 cent refund on every can and bottle. It creates an incentive to recycle. Jack up the price a bit, but get it all back by turning it into a local grocery store. No fucking fines. No nanny state. People have an incentive to pick their shit up. Admittedly, it doesnt work quite as well any more with the devaluation of the dollar. I'd say the price of soda where I now live has doubled in the last five years. But I think it was a far better approach than to try issuing tickets and citations.

There is a bigger picture here.

There is a lesson they want you to learn and to always be aware of. "We are always fucking you, and you better do what the fuck you are told to do, because we told you to do it." The Chains of Obedience. Ever wonder what happens to the people who refuse to cite you for not following this motto to the T?

When I was a kid beer and soda bottles were worth money, if memory serves 2 cents....But a candy bar was 10-15 cents so kids had a reason to gather trash and "recycle"...

Now kids sit on their asses and mommy brings home government sponsored candy because it's not "safe" out in the real world..

Back on topic.......A hammer and punch should disable a RFID...

Yeah. We got 10 cents per bottle. And that was in the 70s. I learned about saving money through that as well. And I still remember the local store wouldn't take "Sundrop" bottles for some reason.....and those were the ones still trashing the neighborhood. Hmmmmmmm.....

DamianTV
02-14-2013, 05:36 AM
Yeah. We got 10 cents per bottle. And that was in the 70s. I learned about saving money through that as well. And I still remember the local store wouldn't take "Sundrop" bottles for some reason.....and those were the ones still trashing the neighborhood. Hmmmmmmm.....

Bisiphenol? (*5)

---

RFID has nothing to do with recycling cans or bottles.
RFID has everything to do with controlling YOU.

jmdrake
02-14-2013, 05:43 AM
Bisiphenol? (*5)

---

When I was a kid soda came in glass bottles so there was no BPA issue. And it said "Return for 10 cent deposit" on the bottle. That particular store just didn't take Sundrop.

tod evans
02-14-2013, 06:06 AM

Common sense says trash companies would be much more efficient data gathering agencies than government, the question I have is; Why would the trash company want to control anything but trash trucks and bank deposits?

Anti Federalist
02-14-2013, 06:23 AM

Yes.

This will be used to force compliance, and once the RFIDs in the can start "talking" to the RFIDs that are increasingly being placed into packaging, the datastream that is generated from that will be massive.

Compliance with all sorts of government mandates and edicts could be monitored in such a way.

Everything from re-cycling "participation" (and make no mistake, it won't just be "an informational campaign" directed at non compliance, it will be heavy handed enforcement, fines, prison and SWAT raids after a while.) to non compliance with health mandates.

"Citizen, we see that you marked down on your National Health Care survey that nobody in your domicile smoked tobacco. Yet our trash records indicate numerous tobacco packages being placed into the waste stream. A compliance team is on the way to your home to sweep the premises and check for further non compliance. Please note that "permission" is not needed from the property owner due to the Katzenjammer v. United States Supreme Court ruling that states that the Fourth Amendment does not apply to "regulations" as these are not laws. Interference with the compliance team will result in your arrest. Have a nice day."

Anti Federalist
02-14-2013, 06:31 AM
And people like this will happily watch you and turn you in.

Reality

6:40 am on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Can we please stop spending taxpayer money on "informational campaigns." Anyone who is currently not recycling is well aware that it is mandatory to recycle and has been for several years. Residents who choose NOT to recycle are simply too lazy and selfish to separate their recyclables from their regular trash. It is easier for them to just dump everything in the same bag. The residents who have two garbage cans at the curb every week on garbage pickup day, but NEVER have any recyclables on recycle day, are well aware of the law.

Occam's Banana
02-14-2013, 06:52 AM
Yes.

This will be used to force compliance, and once the RFIDs in the can start "talking" to the RFIDs that are increasingly being placed into packaging, the datastream that is generated from that will be massive.

Compliance with all sorts of government mandates and edicts could be monitored in such a way.

Everything from re-cycling "participation" (and make no mistake, it won't just be "an informational campaign" directed at non compliance, it will be heavy handed enforcement, fines, prison and SWAT raids after a while.) to non compliance with health mandates.

It's getting pretty bad when even your trash can snitch you out. And think of the other possibilities!

"Citizen, we see from our records that you have purchased significant quantities of canned goods in the last several months - yet you have not discarded any of the cans in which these goods were packaged. Pursuant to current anti-hoarding regulations (as instituted under the Equality of Housing & Food Availability Act), we are seizing all liquid household assets (including but not limited to checking and savings accounts) under suspicion that one or more members of your household may be involved with possible illicit black-market activity. In order to avoid further action (such as fines, incarceration and/or additional asset siezures) please answer all question asked by investigating officials and officers fully and promptly. Your compliance is required."