PDA

View Full Version : A musician is requesting I take down a Youtube video. Should I? (Ron Paul connection)

Joey Fuller
02-13-2013, 04:21 PM
I was an volunteer blogger/media/grassroots guy for Ron Paul in Tennessee.

We had a big party one night with bands, drink specials and got a long of young people fired up for Ron Paul.

A musician who performed that night has contacted me and has asked me to take down the video I recorded of her performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFlyY1YqmPA

She states that she still supports Ron Paul, but doesn't like what she said in the video.

What should I do?

SpreadOfLiberty
02-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Be courteous and take it down.

CaptainAmerica
02-13-2013, 04:27 PM
respect her as a person ,just talk to her and see why she requests that and respect it. You dont have to treat her like shes the government

emazur
02-13-2013, 04:28 PM

Agreed. Think about it this way - if someone uploaded a video of you to youtube and you asked them to take it down, wouldn't you be glad if they were courteous enough to take it down?

ronpaulfollower999
02-13-2013, 04:32 PM
Take it down.

PatriotOne
Ask her for 848k and then lower the price to 250k to remove it.

VBRonPaulFan

+1. unless she was specific and you can edit the video to remove the stuff she doesn't like without ruining the rest of the vid.

VBRonPaulFan
02-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Ask her for 848k and then lower the price to 250k to remove it.

lmao, I see what you did thar.

Joey Fuller
02-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Assuming we survive as a species, I think future generations will view Ron Paul as a inspirational and historical figure. All of those bloggers/musicians/activists could be cast in a positive light as well.

sailingaway
02-13-2013, 04:35 PM
respect her as a person ,just talk to her and see why she requests that and respect it. You dont have to treat her like shes the government

This. If she was nice enough to perform, maybe it would be courteous to take it down.

jmdrake
Hey Joey. It's a no brainer. If she wants it down, take it down. I would be extra curious though as to what she said that she no longer wants out. :confused:

Assuming we survive as a species, I think future generations will view Ron Paul as a inspirational and historical figure. All of those bloggers/musicians/activists could be cast in a positive light as well.

Yeah, I agree. But she's got to make that decision for herself. I would definitely keep an archive of this for if/when she changes her mind.

sailingaway
+1. unless she was specific and you can edit the video to remove the stuff she doesn't like without ruining the rest of the vid.

Yeah.

Joey Fuller
02-13-2013, 04:42 PM
thanks for the responses. I'm gonna finish this article and then delete it.

nayjevin
02-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Edit it with the youtube video editing tools? That way you don't lose viewcount.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-13-2013, 06:34 PM
I was an volunteer blogger/media/grassroots guy for Ron Paul in Tennessee.

We had a big party one night with bands, drink specials and got a long of young people fired up for Ron Paul.

A musician who performed that night has contacted me and has asked me to take down the video I recorded of her performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFlyY1YqmPA

She states that she still supports Ron Paul, but doesn't like what she said in the video.

What should I do?

Indeed, if her music sucks so much that she has to threaten to use lawyers, then I'm not interested in listening.

heavenlyboy34
02-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Nope. Your vid, your property, OP. If she's really that upset about it, you could just edit out the "questionable" part but you have no legal or moral obligation to do so. Just to avoid bad PR for yourself, editing would be a good idea. You could even describe your edit in the description to make you look even more classy.:)

DamianTV
02-14-2013, 03:56 AM
I say Lead by Example.

First, let us make sure we understand what it means to be a Leader. Part of that means making good decisions. But another big part of that is not to Speak, but to Listen. If we are going to earn the respect of anyone, I think first we need to show them respect, by listening to their requests.

Sure, it is your video, and it very well may be public, but they may have other reasons for wanting it pulled. They might just feel they gave a shitty performance, and said video may not reflect what they feel was them being their best. They might have any number of a multitude of reasons. Their reasons are their own, and really, dont matter. What matters is how they and others will remember you and your decisions.

jcannon98188
02-14-2013, 04:13 AM
Indeed, if her music sucks so much that she has to threaten to use lawyers, then I'm not interested in listening.

Who said anything about sucky music and lawyers? She simply requested that he take it down. Calm your tits.

asurfaholic
02-14-2013, 05:09 AM
Who said anything about sucky music and lawyers? She simply requested that he take it down. Calm your tits.

He does this thing where he assumes he knows exactliy everything about everything, and goes on to respond to something you didnt say to make himself look smart/cool/lolwhut.

Did it to me yesterday in a really weird way.