PDA

View Full Version : Cop Punches Victim for Complaining It Took Them 45 Minutes to Respond to His Call

Lucille
02-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Man, it was frustrating to listen to him apologize over and over to a cop who just assaulted him. If it had to be done at all, once was enough.

Cop Punches Victim (US Soldier) for Complaining It Took Them 45 Minutes to Respond to His Call (Raw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM02kr5DwoE

http://www.theburningplatform.com/?p=49083

Sure doesn’t seem like they know they are supposed to be public servants.

But at least the cops “accepted” his apology…

@4:27:

Victim: I tried to speak with your watch commander and your watch commander told me "fuck you" and hung up on me about 20 min. ago.

Cop: First of all, I don't believe that because Lt. Mortenson is extremely professional and well respected [victim then says he left him a voice mail too] OK well, the watch commander did not use profanity at you over the telephone, so that's lie number one.

New rule: Whatever cops believe are facts.

kahless
02-13-2013, 03:32 PM
This is outrageous. That cop needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and lose his badge. Having him on the force presents a clear threat to the community. What is happening with this?

The police are supposed to be your only recourse from robbery and viscous attack. He asked for help after being attacked and robbed, cop arrives gets in his face all belligerent and then violently attacks him. Clearly a no win situation. So I do not blame him for apologizing since what else could he do to avoid his own prosecution against a corrupt institution.

ZENemy
02-13-2013, 03:35 PM
This is outrageous. That cop needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and lose his badge. Having him on the force presents a clear threat to the community. What is happening with this?

Paid vacation, even if fired; rehired a year later.

kahless
02-13-2013, 03:37 PM
dupe

CaptainAmerica
02-13-2013, 03:44 PM
What a coward.

VBRonPaulFan
02-13-2013, 03:45 PM
how many times does it need to be said, don't call the cops. they aren't there to help.

Anti Federalist
02-13-2013, 03:46 PM
how many times does it need to be said, don't call the cops. they aren't there to help.

Pissing into the wind, it feels like.

kahless
02-13-2013, 03:48 PM

Are things really that bad that even if you are attacked and robbed you should not call the police?

Lucille
02-13-2013, 03:49 PM

http://leaksource.wordpress.com/2013/02/01/vallejo-cop-punches-victim-us-soldier-for-complaining-it-took-them-45-minutes-to-respond-to-his-call/

That link was under the vid. It has the full transcript, and the following news report:

The ABC7 News I-Team (http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/iteam&id=8976413#&cmp=twi-kgo-article-8976413) has uncovered a new complaint of excessive force against Vallejo police — the incident, caught on camera. The department is already reeling after a violent year, including six people shot and killed by officers.

The more I dig, the more questions I have. This story began when a package arrived in the mail from someone inside the department. It was a DVD, a police report, and a letter complaining about a “cowboy attitude” by officers and command staff.

Imagine you’re a police officer on patrol. It’s a warm summer day when the call comes in — a 22-year-old complaining his roommates beat him up and kicked him out of the apartment.
[...]
The I-Team tracked down the victim on the video, Blake Robles.
[...]
“And seeing this now brings back the anger and frustration that I felt that day when the people that were there that were supposed to come to help me were there to attack me,” he said.

Robles had never seen the video before, and it brought back a flood of emotion.
[...]
“What was that moaning, you son of a bitch?! That was me not being able to breathe!” Robles said. “Whether you’re in a bad mood, whether you’re angry, whether they feel you’re being disrespectful, it doesn’t matter. They are there to protect and to serve us, and that day I was not protected, I was not served and I’ve never felt safe from the police department since then.”

The incident was captured by what’s called a VIEVU camera, clipped to the shirt of Ofc. Steve Darden, a 17-year veteran of the Vallejo Police Department.

“You wanna know what happened? OK, I’ll tell you what happened,” Darden said.

But, Darden does not want to talk about this case. By email, he refused the I-Team’s request for an interview.

Darden’s best known outside the department for his rap music after he recorded a tribute to Vallejo Ofc. Jim Capoot who was killed by a suspected bank robber in 2011.

Police Chief Joe Kreins declined to be interviewed when Dan Noyes caught him outside police headquarters. He said he wasn’t chief at the time of the incident — he arrived last September from Novato.

But the package arrived at ABC7 just last month, sent by someone inside the Vallejo Police Department who is concerned about the conditions there right now. Along with the DVD and police report, the source wrote a letter describing a pervasive “cowboy attitude” in the department.
[...]
The source described what happened to Robles and wrote, “Criminal behavior is being allowed and nothing is being done to stop it.” “Internal Affairs … does nothing to hold officers accountable and spends more time bullying citizens who try to file complaints.”

The source also wrote that “the shift supervisor … played the video in briefing and laughed about it.”
[...]
Horton oversees the Vallejo police professional standards division. He refused to comment directly on the video or to say what, if any, discipline Darden received for the incident.

Horton: By law, I can’t discuss the man’s personnel file or his disposition of discipline or anything like that with you.
Noyes: You’re asking me and you’re asking the public to trust you, that you handled this properly. I’m not sure there’s a lot of trust here. So, I just need to know, I’ll give you one last shot. Was his behavior, that officer’s behavior on that video appropriate?
Horton: Well, I can answer the question for you this way. If I’m telling you that we conducted an internal affairs investigation, there was a disposition with the officer, that’s the answer to your question.

Horton also would not discuss Darden’s version of events he wrote in the official police report: “I conducted a ‘front reap throw,’ exerted forward force with my right palm into the upper portion of his chest while sweeping his legs in the opposite direction.”

evilfunnystuff
02-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Are things really that bad that even if you are attacked and robbed you should not call the police?

Yup just ask the guy in the vid.

VBRonPaulFan
02-13-2013, 03:55 PM

look up Anti Federalist's recent posts. this kind of shit happens literally every day, probably several times a day. victim calls the cops, cops show up and shoot dog, attack victim, destroy victim's property, etc.

yes, things are that bad. when you militarize the police state like has been done, these guys think they're above the law and that we serve them.

coastie
02-13-2013, 04:16 PM
:mad:

Id be in jail, or more likely dead now, for shit stomping his ass, fucking PIG. I dont care who you are, in what costume...your initial assault better be incapicitating, or fatal...

Im not sure of the state this occurrd as i reply, but many have laws on the books stating you can use up to DEADLY FORCE to prevent a wrongfulpolice arrest ir wrongful assault from a police officer.

Its high time people start defending themselves from these scumbags, for real.

kahless
02-13-2013, 04:20 PM
look up Anti Federalist's recent posts. this kind of shit happens literally every day, probably several times a day. victim calls the cops, cops show up and shoot dog, attack victim, destroy victim's property, etc.

yes, things are that bad. when you militarize the police state like has been done, these guys think they're above the law and that we serve them.

I have seen them and have stories from family that ended badly, friends and my own that could have ended badly. All people that did nothing wrong but ended up being put in a life or bodily harm threatening position due to dealing with a psychotic cop or incompetence.

It is a fine line when you are dealing with psychotic or incompetent people in a position of power. I believe not all of them are like that but I agree there is a risk in not knowing what kind individual is going to arrive.

So I have learned from experience to avoid the law at all costs and NEVER to call the cops unless it is something major. This for which I reserve being robbed and beaten for being the only reason I would even consider using them at this point.

jdcole
02-13-2013, 04:22 PM
I'm coming at this from a slightly different perspective, so bear with me.

I'm a veteran US Marine, so when I see some punk kid (and really, this guy is just a punk kid) think he's hard, step to a police officer, and then say something as asinine as "US Soldier, bro. Know who you're talking to!", a part of me thinks you probably need your ass beat, just to help you understand that you aren't as important as you think you are. I'd probably hit myself if I caught myself saying something as retarded as that.

On top of that, this kid isn't even active duty - he's a reservist. "Army-lite", if you will. But that's beside the point.

The police approached the gentleman in a professional manner, and he proceeded to show his ass - and by that, I mean that instead of tactfully addressing his complaint about the slowness in response time to his initial call, he proceeds to berate the officers and act in a combative manner in his mannerisms and the inflection in his voice. He knew he was in the right for calling the police - he had zero reason to ACT in the way he did. Note I'm not saying that he didn't have a valid complaint, nor am I saying that he didn't have the right to voice his complaint. I'm saying he was acting like a douche, and in turned, got treated like a douche.

I'm not saying cops should go around hitting people. Nor am I saying that this event was 100% justified. What I am saying is that I won't lose any sleep because some douche got knocked down a peg.

Spikender
02-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Victim: You took 45 minutes to respond to my call!

Cop: If you have any complaints, submit them to the correct department. The complaint department is my good friend Righty McHookenstein. He seems to have a way of sorting out these complaints...

Screw that pig and his definition of facts and "justified force". How many times do cops have to abuse people before the boot-lickers finally wake up?

Experts wanna know.

Aeroneous
02-13-2013, 04:33 PM
"We are a professional, hard working agency, do you understand that?"

How could I, with what you just did? Punk kid or not, I see that as assault. The guy didn't touch the officer... no use of force was required in this situation. At the same time, this is clearly a case of a sissy acting tough. If that dispay of force was enough to put you on the verge of tears, you probably shouldn't be throwing that hard core act around.

kahless
02-13-2013, 04:35 PM

I'm a veteran US Marine, so when I see some punk kid (and really, this guy is just a punk kid) think he's hard, step to a police officer, and then say something as asinine as "US Soldier, bro. Know who you're talking to!", a part of me thinks you probably need your ass beat, just to help you understand that you aren't as important as you think you are. I'd probably hit myself if I caught myself saying something as retarded as that.

On top of that, this kid isn't even active duty - he's a reservist. "Army-lite", if you will. But that's beside the point.

The police approached the gentleman in a professional manner, and he proceeded to show his ass - and by that, I mean that instead of tactfully addressing his complaint about the slowness in response time to his initial call, he proceeds to berate the officers and act in a combative manner in his mannerisms and the inflection in his voice. He knew he was in the right for calling the police - he had zero reason to ACT in the way he did. Note I'm not saying that he didn't have a valid complaint, nor am I saying that he didn't have the right to voice his complaint. I'm saying he was acting like a douche, and in turned, got treated like a douche.

I'm not saying cops should go around hitting people. Nor am I saying that this event was 100% justified. What I am saying is that I won't lose any sleep because some douche got knocked down a peg.

How do you think you would react after a beating, your stuff stolen, waiting for 45 minutes for the police to arrive and then having to deal with a belligerent cop.

They are supposed to be trained to deal with people in these situations and besides it is common sense. If people call the police they are typically distraught, agitated, filled with adrenalin about something so one can expect to have to use diplomacy with people in those situations.

Spikender
02-13-2013, 04:36 PM

The answer to a punk kid is not to punch him the face, especially since this man is a police officer and is supposed to be contained, reserved, and know when to use force.

Obviously he's taken on the new police practice of blindly throwing their weight around like enraged elephants. This can be seen in other cases, such as members of the LAPD lighting up a few cars because they thought Dorner was the driver. No one here has said that the guy complaining is some sort of saint, but one would expect a police officer, or at the very least an adult, to keep his anger and his force contained and reserved for cases in which they need to be used.

S.Shorland
02-13-2013, 04:44 PM
One more word out of you,sonny and we'll get the burners out.

Keith and stuff
02-13-2013, 04:54 PM
That was years ago. Things are much worse now.

Live in a state with low crime. Live in a state where it is legal to defend yourself, by killing someone with a firearm in needed. Lock your doors. Hang out with people with high moral character when possible. Don't let folks know about your nice things if possible. Have a network of people you can contact instead of the police.

jdcole
02-13-2013, 05:07 PM
That was years ago. Things are much worse now.

Live in a state with low crime. Live in a state where it is legal to defend yourself, by killing someone with a firearm in needed. Lock your doors. Hang out with people with high moral character when possible. Don't let folks know about your nice things if possible. Have a network of people you can contact instead of the police.

Everything he said. Repped.

jdcole
02-13-2013, 05:14 PM
The answer to a punk kid is not to punch him the face, especially since this man is a police officer and is supposed to be contained, reserved, and know when to use force.

Obviously he's taken on the new police practice of blindly throwing their weight around like enraged elephants. This can be seen in other cases, such as members of the LAPD lighting up a few cars because they thought Dorner was the driver. No one here has said that the guy complaining is some sort of saint, but one would expect a police officer, or at the very least an adult, to keep his anger and his force contained and reserved for cases in which they need to be used.

Oh, I agree. I said I'd be coming at it from a different perspective, being a vet. More often than not the posts I make in the manner above are me largely playing Devil's Advocate - I agree with you guys that the cop took it too far, and that police in general have dropped in quality, severely in some areas, over time.

We had a phrase when I was in the Corps - don't be part of the 10%. The idea is, basically, that 90% of any given body of people (Marines, Police, Protestors, etc.) are generally good people trying to get along. And then there are the 10% of shitheads that ruin it for everybody - cops like the one in the video, Marines who rape local nationals, protestors who start riots and cause general mayhem and destruction. These individuals are, by and large, not representative of the larger body of whatever group of people we're talking about. It's that 10% that we're fighting.