PDA

View Full Version : "Police Deliberately Fire Cabin, Execute Suspect"

sailingaway
02-13-2013, 03:01 PM
http://i0.wp.com/theintelhub.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Fire-Cabin.png?resize=393%2C219

By S. Daily Warren
theintelhub.com
February 13, 2013

There’s no possibility for mistake this time. This isn’t swamp gas reflecting off of Venus or some befuddled accusation by a crazed “witness” revealed under hypnosis. These are the facts, and as a journalist of more than 15 years experience I know reportable facts when I see or hear them.

I also know what a story looks like, and when the call came in on Tuesday afternoon about the stand-off at the cabin I went into work mode. Separate televisions were set to major news channels providing live feed and my old friends at www.radioreference.com were retransmitting the scanner feed picking up the police radios. I even doubled up, listening to the same feed from another source, just to get the facts straight. Then I transcribed everything I could.

The multi-jurisdictional task force swarming Big Bear early Tuesday afternoon methodically and systematically set fire to the cabin where they admittedly believed suspect Christopher Dorner was holed up. And as much as I despise to even remotely sound like Alex Jones, and believe him to be as far from journalism as the east is from the west, he is at least making an amateur effort to cover the story.

Listening to the multiple scanner feeds with the live coverage in the background, I distinctly heard one of the officers at 3:49pm say clearly, “We’re going ahead with the plan on the burners. Just like we talked about.”
At 4:12pm, “embedded” reporter Carter Evans who found himself on the proper side of the police barricade erected to prevent reporting just like this, reported, “I hear shots. There’s smoke rising from the cabin. There’s 2 more. They’re firing tear gas into the cabin.”

2 minutes later he announces that he hasn’t heard any return fire in about an hour and a half, which is interesting because he later reports that the suspect was using a sound suppressor on his weapons.

At 4:14pm I hear the same officer’s voice who first mentioned the burners say, “Copy 7, burners deployed. We have a fire.”

One minute later another officer broadcasts, “Be ready on the north (or 4?) side. We have a fire at the front. He might come out the back.”
At 4:16pm that same officer broadcasts, “We have one side fully engulfed.” This was followed immediately by Carter Evans stating that the white smoke reported earlier might not be tear gas after all.

From that moment on the police on site made no bones about letting the cabin burn to the ground, answering repeated calls from firefighters standing by to hold their positions, citing the fire’s self-containment and the danger of ammunition cooking off. The firefighters wanted to go in and fight the fire. It’s what they do. The police, however, have a different purpose and they successfully executed that purpose with precision and diligence. They were there to get bad guys, and bad or not they got him.

In a post-incident interview, star-of-the-hour Carter Evans of KCBS and KCAL, also reported that police used a “tractor” (most likely an armored vehicle) to partially demolish the cabin, pumping tear gas into the structure all the while.

The parallels with Waco, Texas are inescapable but there are other matters of import such as the background voices in a news feed, presumably law enforcement, yelling to “Burn the mother****** down!” along with other expletive-laced outbursts of rage. KCAL was broadcasting scanner feeds live and the reporter stopped and listened along with the audience as the male voices raged in the background, offering only a feeble “Police officers understandably upset…” as her version of an explanation for the content of the broadcast.

more at link: http://theintelhub.com/2013/02/13/police-deliberately-fire-cabin-execute-suspect/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

S. Daily Warren has been a full-time and freelance reporter and editor for over 15 years. He currently works for a rural Missouri newspaper and his weekly column can be found online at:www.fauxfarms.blogspot.com.

Natural Citizen
02-13-2013, 03:12 PM
Well...as I was saying in the other thread. You don't just go around using language like "tactical advantage" unless you have thought things through a tad bit. You know?