PDA

View Full Version : We need to organize

cbc58
02-13-2013, 07:30 AM
I am so thoroughly disgusted with Obama, Congress and special interests screwing the American people. Banks run the country not Washington.

We need to organize. Local groups - everyone - regardless of political party or affiliation. We are going down. The "powers that be" that are taking us down need to go down with us.

Not sure how to do it - anyone have any suggestions?

shane77m
02-13-2013, 07:43 AM
I am almost at the point of saying what does it matter. There just seems to be too many people latched onto the government tit. It also seems that most of the ones that aren't are still statists that will not change their beliefs. Sure I hear a lot of Republicans talk about smaller and limited government but they don't really mean it. They still want more laws. If people wanted more freedom we would have more representatives that reflect that belief. At this point in the game I think it might be too little too late. Maybe I am just jaded. All I know is that every where around me all I here is left vs right blah, blah, blah, blah and people that talk about liberty but don't really know what it means.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but that is just where I am at in this current moment of time.

Origanalist
02-13-2013, 07:49 AM
I am almost at the point of saying what does it matter. There just seems to be too many people latched onto the government tit. It also seems that most of the ones that aren't are still statists that will not change their beliefs. Sure I here a lot of Republicans talk about smaller and limited government but they don't really mean it. They still want more laws. If people wanted more freedom we would have more representatives that reflect that belief. At this point in the game I think it might be too little too late. Maybe I am just jaded. All I know is that every where around me all I here is left vs right blah, blah, blah, blah and people that talk about liberty but don't really know what it means.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but that is just where I am at in this current moment of time.

You're not alone Shane.

tangent4ronpaul
02-13-2013, 08:00 AM
I am so thoroughly disgusted with Obama, Congress and special interests screwing the American people. Banks run the country not Washington.

We need to organize. Local groups - everyone - regardless of political party or affiliation. We are going down. The "powers that be" that are taking us down need to go down with us.

I have been saying this and trying to do it for YEARS!!!!

Our movement is SCREWED by apathy! :(

-t

ZENemy
02-13-2013, 08:00 AM

Glad to see others discussing this. There is no remedy for us in legislation. In my opinion nobody is coming to save us. It is time for us to organize and learn to save ourselves. I don't claim to have a lot of ideas or any solutions but lately I have been trying to organize and meet up with people in my local community. So far we have been getting good results And it does seem like people are really ready to meet up in person. My friends and I have decided to ignore the sheep and only focus on those that are already awake and ready for action. Now we're not talking about violence we are looking for ways to peacefully opt out, it's time for a tax strike, and a few other options that we have refused to look at so far are going to have to become options. I don't see many other choices. Yes we know there's consequences, but we are starting to feel that the consequences are better than no action consequences, we all know where this is headed if we don't do something. If you are in nor cal and willing to have in real life meetings over the phone and in person, please contact me, everyone should do the same in there area. There are more awake people out there than we think.

tangent4ronpaul
02-13-2013, 08:07 AM
ORGANIZE RPfags!

WHat the fuck is wrong w/ u????

-t

shane77m
02-13-2013, 08:24 AM
In the primaries in the county I live Ron Paul got a very miniscule amount of votes. I am surrounded by Santorum and Romney supporters. I managed to convince a few to vote for Ron but mostly I was just pissing into the wind. Hopefully people in areas where Ron got a lot of votes can have an impact. Here where I live though I am just going to try and keep my clothes dry.

If my family and I are ever able to move we might go to someplace that embraces liberty.

Cleaner44
02-13-2013, 08:33 AM
I think our win is not so much in elections, but in changing and freeing minds. Talking with people and helping them see that drones killing Americans not charged crimes is dangerous to them. Things like that. Many times people just don't take the time to think things through. When a person says they are against wealth redistribution, but then they support subsidies for farmers, they are in favor of wealth redistribution. We can help them learn.

As to elections, I think local elections are where we win.

Tod
02-13-2013, 08:44 AM
In the primaries in the county I live Ron Paul got a very miniscule amount of votes. I am surrounded by Santorum and Romney supporters. I managed to convince a few to vote for Ron but mostly I was just pissing into the wind. Hopefully people in areas where Ron got a lot of votes can have an impact. Here where I live though I am just going to try and keep my clothes dry.

If my family and I are ever able to move we might go to someplace that embraces liberty.

IIRC, in my county, which always votes republican and has all republican elected officials, 750 of a total population (incl non-voters) of 53,000 voted for RP. There is very little activism here, from what I have seen, too. Just a good-old-boy network suckered by the phoney GOP message.

ZENemy
02-13-2013, 09:27 AM
Elections are no longer legitimate.

Michigan11
02-13-2013, 11:33 AM
I feel the same as everyone in here, and that drink of water Rubio took was just icing on the cake! That looked like the people that run things are literally making fun of the whole process, and they are just laughing about it all it seems. He looked like a paid actor on SNL. We should definitely not say elections are no good for our people we get in, but we should not limit our actions to further our cause.

Seems like this country is going down pretty fast at times, but slow and purposely at other times. The whole thing is confusing and mind numbing to even talk or think about anymore. There are those who are awake and seem to be growing apathetic and getting worn down but energized all at the same time. While those who were once asleep are awakening ever so slightly, almost as if they are fighting it, because they know it is so bad they aren't sure they can handle the sad truth of it all if they were to allow reality to become their reality. There seems to be stages of awakeness on a 0 to 10 scale. I know there is no secret answer to our problems, but it seems there must be something we can do as a whole that is different yet would further help to move it all along.

Were trapped in a cage.

I was watching a show about army ants in the jungle, and these creatures work on their own without any heiarchy for the same goal. They live about five years, but nothing changes, the goal is continued on. How do we form an ant army?

FSP-Rebel
02-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Any movement is a marathon that needs a steady pace, positive attitudes and a resolve to continue the mission. Assuming that Ron's restore the GOP approach is a major part of said mission, the less people we turn out to meetings/events/conventions, the more rino speak and action will happen. Let Rand build his bridges in the conservative hierarchy and just roll with it in the grassroots.