PDA

View Full Version : Door Knocking for Ron Paul in South NH

richyankee
11-22-2007, 08:22 PM
From Rich Laplante (organizer of the Nashua NH Ron Paul Meetup):

We are closing in on the last few weeks of grassroots campaigning and I'm happy to say, thanks to the effort and dedication of a number of people in Nashua, and the surrounding area, Boston and Northern Massachusetts, we have been to thousands of residences in our area performing voter ID and other impoirtant work for the campaign.

Thanks also to people from all over the country, including the Live Free or Die Project, we are getting more help every day.

It is urgent to complete as much of this work as possible to ensure that Ron Paul, and the message of liberty have their best chance to prevail in the NH primary.

A win in New Hampshire will be very good news for all of us and it is possible!

If you live within driving distance and have not yet joined us, please do! We have canvassing events scheduled for each weekend through December. At some of these events, we will be joined by well-known libertarian speakers and writers and on one occassion (at least), by RonPaul himself.

Even if you don't have it in your heart to do this kind of work, you should really come out to experience at leat one of these days with a group of die-hard, died-in-the-wool, no-nonsense, committed and energetic campaigners.

There is no mistaking the fun of working with 'true believers' and that is what we are.

Check out the calendar at Nashua Ron Paul Meetup. If you refuse to 'join' a meetup for whatever reason, send me a personal email and I will forward you a schedule with details.

Tell me, what can I do to convince you to cpme to Nashua, Portsmouth, Manchester, Concord or Salem to help us?

What would it matter if you gave up a whole weekend and it made the difference between liberty and oppression for millions of people?

What difference? Why not help? You can record the football game and watch it later - even better, you can watch it in the free republic and keep it as a momento of the weekend you helped fire off a revolution. (a peaceful revolution of course..)

richyankee@gmail.com

barcop
11-22-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm not in NH.... but thank you for everything you are doing there. Keep fighting the good fight.

And great first post for being registered since July :D

jgmaynard
11-22-2007, 08:45 PM
I would love to help, I'm pretty close to Nashua (I'm in Temple). The trouble is: a) I just don't have the door-to-door thing in me and B) I'm DEATHLY afraid of strange dogs.
So, my question is, is there anything I could do (stuffing envelopes, data entry, I'm very experienced organizing events and with the press, etc.) that could help you folks out that doesn't involve me barely working up the nerve to walk onto some stranger's property just to have Cujo jump out from behind the bush? :)

JM

Sean
11-22-2007, 09:01 PM
I would love to help, I'm pretty close to Nashua (I'm in Temple). The trouble is: a) I just don't have the door-to-door thing in me and B) I'm DEATHLY afraid of strange dogs.
So, my question is, is there anything I could do (stuffing envelopes, data entry, I'm very experienced organizing events and with the press, etc.) that could help you folks out that doesn't involve me barely working up the nerve to walk onto some stranger's property just to have Cujo jump out from behind the bush? :)

JM

Don't live your life in fear. Go out and work with someone more experienced at it for a bit to see how they do it. You are in a prime position living in NH. Take advantage of that and go out and get a little walking done and work with another person if you are afraid a dog will get you.

richyankee
11-24-2007, 07:42 AM
Thanks JM, I know what you mean - and I won't try to talk you into walking with us and knocking on doors, but if you can go to the office in Concord, you can help with evelope stuffing, data entry etc. - they really need help there.

Also, we do other things. like tonight we are (a few of us) meeting in Nashua for the Holiday Stroll. We are doinf sign wave and handouts at the dump (believe it or not).

There are other events coming up too. If you join the meetup (http:://ronpaul.meetup.com/309) you can see everything on our calendar and there is an active mail list also.

Thnaks,

Rich

JM

thehittgirl
11-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Don't live your life in fear. Go out and work with someone more experienced at it for a bit to see how they do it. You are in a prime position living in NH. Take advantage of that and go out and get a little walking done and work with another person if you are afraid a dog will get you.

I'm kind of scared of the door to door thing because I tend to be shy, and have just left stuff on doors. Yeah I have heard a dog bark here and there, and fortunately the people have not been home when they do. Perhaps you can go with a partner. There's strength in numbers.

margomaps
11-24-2007, 08:07 AM

JM

I absolutely hate the door-to-door thing myself. But I did it in September, and I'll probably do it again next weekend. However...at least when we did this in Manchester, we needed "walkers/talkers" and drivers. I'm not sure what the plan is for the upcoming canvassing events, but if there's a role for drivers, that's something you could do: drive those poor canvassers around and drop them off to do the dirty work. :)

Geronimo
11-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Bump

Mithridates
11-24-2007, 10:05 AM
From Rich Laplante (organizer of the Nashua NH Ron Paul Meetup):

We are closing in on the last few weeks of grassroots campaigning and I'm happy to say, thanks to the effort and dedication of a number of people in Nashua, and the surrounding area, Boston and Northern Massachusetts, we have been to thousands of residences in our area performing voter ID and other impoirtant work for the campaign.

Thanks also to people from all over the country, including the Live Free or Die Project, we are getting more help every day.

It is urgent to complete as much of this work as possible to ensure that Ron Paul, and the message of liberty have their best chance to prevail in the NH primary.

A win in New Hampshire will be very good news for all of us and it is possible!

If you live within driving distance and have not yet joined us, please do! We have canvassing events scheduled for each weekend through December. At some of these events, we will be joined by well-known libertarian speakers and writers and on one occassion (at least), by RonPaul himself.

Even if you don't have it in your heart to do this kind of work, you should really come out to experience at leat one of these days with a group of die-hard, died-in-the-wool, no-nonsense, committed and energetic campaigners.

There is no mistaking the fun of working with 'true believers' and that is what we are.

Check out the calendar at Nashua Ron Paul Meetup. If you refuse to 'join' a meetup for whatever reason, send me a personal email and I will forward you a schedule with details.

Tell me, what can I do to convince you to cpme to Nashua, Portsmouth, Manchester, Concord or Salem to help us?

What would it matter if you gave up a whole weekend and it made the difference between liberty and oppression for millions of people?

What difference? Why not help? You can record the football game and watch it later - even better, you can watch it in the free republic and keep it as a momento of the weekend you helped fire off a revolution. (a peaceful revolution of course..)

richyankee@gmail.com

I'd love to help but I live in Korea and I'm not American either, but I can bump this thread for you.