PDA

View Full Version : Received a letter from collection agency about red light camera fine

roho76
02-13-2013, 12:01 AM
These things are a joke and completely unenforceable if everyone just stops paying them. My wife turned right at a red in some suburb of St. Louis back in 2007. Well she got pegged by a red light camera and the van is in my name only so they sent me a ticket in the mail. I've never paid it and I don't ever plan too. What I find insulting is that I'm being given a notice from a collection agency. If it would have been a cop that stopped me and wrote me a ticket and I refused to pay it, I would have my license suspended, yet if these cameras catch me doing it I end up in the collections system. I know thees things are ran by corporations but I just find it to be a horrible stain on our legal system.

I'm glad it's just been written correspondence up until now. If they start trying to call me I'll be pissed.

AmericasLastHope
02-13-2013, 01:31 AM
I'm glad it's just been written correspondence up until now. If they start trying to call me I'll be pissed.

If they start to ruin your credit I suggest joining here and looking up the "jack attack": http://creditboards.com/forums/

There are only three major CRA's. You can get frivolous complaints like these removed if you write to them properly.

thoughtomator
02-13-2013, 01:51 AM
It's called Fascism. Get used to it.

Danke
02-13-2013, 01:56 AM
2007?

angelatc
02-13-2013, 03:12 AM
These things are a joke and completely unenforceable if everyone just stops paying them. My wife turned right at a red in some suburb of St. Louis back in 2007. Well she got pegged by a red light camera and the van is in my name only so they sent me a ticket in the mail. I've never paid it and I don't ever plan too. What I find insulting is that I'm being given a notice from a collection agency. If it would have been a cop that stopped me and wrote me a ticket and I refused to pay it, I would have my license suspended, yet if these cameras catch me doing it I end up in the collections system. I know thees things are ran by corporations but I just find it to be a horrible stain on our legal system.

\

We had something similar happen. About 15 years ago we lived in Indiana, and the hubby got a ticket. I know he paid it, but I have no proof going back that far. Bear in mind that since he got that ticket, he renewed his Indiana license, got and renewed an Illinois license, and got a Michigan license. All with no trouble.

Then he went to renew his license here, and they wouldn't let him. His license isn't suspended, but they won't let him renew it until he pays that fine. Again.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-13-2013, 04:15 AM
If they start to ruin your credit I suggest joining here and looking up the "jack attack": http://creditboards.com/forums/

There are only three major CRA's. You can get frivolous complaints like these removed if you write to them properly.

There are only three ways of avoiding having ones identity stolen and having the perpetrators then charge expenses to their account. 1) Never get a job that pays over minimum wage. 2) Never put any money in the bank. 3) Become a social deviant.
Concerning number three on that list, I was recently notified of a unfortunate criminal having to turn himself into the authorities as he could never get a date after taking on my identity.