PDA

View Full Version : HuffPo: Orthodoxy: Liberty's Other Enemy

robink
02-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Huff Po has just published my latest article - concerning an issue about which I am extremely passionate.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-koerner/orthodoxy-libertys-other-_b_2659886.html

It follows, rather nicely, I think my second most recent:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-koerner/libertarian-party_b_2370280.html

Robin (original "Blue Republican")

fr33
02-12-2013, 01:52 PM
It sounds like someone hurt your feelings or something.

We're all on a journey to understand liberty. Some are further down the road than others.

Demigod
02-12-2013, 02:21 PM
I don't know if you can but I would recommend you change this ( in bold ) "Orthodox libertarianism may be less dangerous than Orthodox Christianity or Orthodox Islam just because it has much less power and reach, but it is fundamentally much worse since, unlike the latter two, it is self-contradictory and so makes liars out of its practitioners."

Because there such a thing like Orthodox Christianity christian faith that is the main religion in most of Eastern Europe, parts of the Middle East and parts of Asia and Eastern Africa and there is nothing fundamental about it.

Ivash
02-14-2013, 12:33 AM
I don't know if you can but I would recommend you change this ( in bold ) "Orthodox libertarianism may be less dangerous than Orthodox Christianity or Orthodox Islam just because it has much less power and reach, but it is fundamentally much worse since, unlike the latter two, it is self-contradictory and so makes liars out of its practitioners."

Because there such a thing like Orthodox Christianity christian faith that is the main religion in most of Eastern Europe,the Middle East and parts of Asia and Eastern Africa and there is nothing fundamental about it.

I was going to say that Orthodox Christianity is in many ways less fundamental than its Western counterparts.

Romulus
02-14-2013, 01:03 PM
I think both are well written articles. Good points in them.