PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Arrested at JFK

Tinnuhana
02-12-2013, 08:24 AM
Note: I didn't find the original "article" for this. It has been making the rounds here. Enjoy :)

Teacher Arrested at JFK

A public school teacher was arrested today at John F. Kennedy International Airport this morning as he attempted to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a compass, a slide-rule and a calculator. At a press conference just before noon today, Attorney General Eric Holder said he believes the man is a member of the notorious Al-Gebra movement. Although he did not identify the man, he confirmed the man has been charged by the FBI with carrying weapons of math instruction.

"Al-Gebra is a problem for us", the Attorney General said. "They derive solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on tangents in search of absolute values." They use secret code names like "X" and "Y" and refer to themselves as "unknowns" but we have determined that they belong to a common denominator of the axis of medieval with coordinates in every country. As the Greek philosopher Isosceles used to say, "There are 3 sides to every triangle." The Attorney General went on to say, "Teaching our children sentient thought processes and equip[ping them to solve problems is dangerous and puts our government at risk."

...sounds like The Onion

jmdrake
02-12-2013, 08:53 AM
It's a sad commentary on my kids school that they've never used a protractor or a compass. :(

V3n
02-12-2013, 08:55 AM
I'd like to postulate my own theorem about this; looking at every angle, the evidence doesn't add up.
Where's the proof?!

brushfire
02-12-2013, 09:32 AM
I was hooked and being reeled in until I'd seen "Al Gebra"... That's how absurd the TSA is - get rid of them.

helmuth_hubener
02-12-2013, 10:10 AM
It's a sad commentary on my kids school that they've never used a protractor or a compass. :( You've gotta homeschool, my friend! I'm actually surprised you're not already. Well, each kid is different; maybe yours do better in a traditional school.

helmuth_hubener
02-12-2013, 10:12 AM
I was hooked and being reeled in until I'd seen "Al Gebra"... That's how absurd the TSA is - get rid of them.Me too! And I'm sure that he would be prevented from taking at least the compass on board, and probably the ruler, too.