PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul answers' our questions

ssforronpaul
11-22-2007, 05:52 PM
Excerpts from a Ron Paul interview answering some of the questions that have been posed:

http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/

Appears chronologically and is around 3/5ths to 2/3rds of the way down the page:

November 21, 2007 - Ron Paul Alex Jones Interview (23 min) (http://69.65.26.137/~ronpaula/RonPaulAlexJonesInterview112107.m3u)

Need to win primaries-

At 11 minutes 22 seconds into the interview Paul says, “Not only was ahh November 5th important you know the next fundraising day could be very, very important. But ultimately the only thing that counts is what happens in our primaries you know if we end up with a lot of noise and a lot of money and no votes ahh then we’ve lost a chance for victory.”

Campaign spending all money, not holding back-

At 13 minutes 56 seconds he talks about campaign spending. Question from interviewer, “The New York Times (states the campaign) only spent 43 cents per dollar of what you raised are you planning on spending most of the war chest running up to these primaries?”
Paul answers, “Yeah and I couldn’t even defend or explain or know what they are talking about….Obviously the money is sent to us for one purpose to enhance the campaign. So we certainly are we are very much involved in buying television now and doing a lot of direct mail and doing the things we are supposed to be doing. So I think we would be irresponsible if we didn’t spend the money to do our best job to win these primaries.”

Changing the mind of conventional media, getting attention (main street media)-

At 10 minutes 24 seconds into the interview Paul says, “…they (media) feel very much on the defensive. They were willing to ignore us. ahh unfortunately in this country the only thing is this country that talks is money. Our ideas were not accepted in the conventional media accepted in the conventional media, but now the money is talking the money is talking, the organization is talking because we have been able raise this money. We do get attention of the media. In spite of their plans to exclude us and do damage to us.” Continues by saying that they (conventional media) are changing, because of us.

At 12 minutes 58 seconds talks about how great November 5th was and how December 16th could be.

my own thoughts:

My personal opinion is that money (much more than that which was coming the last week or so before the infamous e-mail) coming into the campaign in the next several weeks will be great for the primary states. It may detract some from the major bomb, but it will also be advantageous by having more local media ads running before, during, and after this event. We need national exposure, but we need to win this fight more.

And as Dr. Paul said we are going for broke because winning the primaries is all that matters. Getting us to around 10% in most of the primary states polls (not unbelievable as we already sit at 8% in most) before the bomb gets dropped would just amplify the results of the big bomb. Then the main street media couldn’t say well he is raising big money, but his poll numbers aren’t showing it. Then we create a big TeaParty07 to celebrate the rising poll numbers. Thus the media will be reporting great news upon great news for Paul, the campaign will have the ads running, we will be spreading the message on our own, and his fate will appear to many voters as being inevitable. This will help suppress the other side’s turnout, while enhancing our dedication for him and his words even more. This will allow us to take over as the front runner for the Republican Primary and will lead to President Ron Paul.

Thanks for reading the long message,
ss

dircha
11-22-2007, 06:03 PM
Thank you for posting this.

john_anderson_ii
11-22-2007, 06:07 PM
Well, Paul said he needs more money and more votes. If we add 2 and 2, we can see he needs more supporters, has everyone who reads this called everyone else in their address book?

I'm starting to call people I haven't spoken to since high school.

UtahApocalypse
11-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Will this finally convince the naysayers?

Seriously people you have gotten the word from the campaign, you have now heard Ron Paul himself say it. So do you want to win this election or set some damn record with the teaparty? I seriously hope to not see $5.00 donated on December 16th anymore. EVERYONE should already be fucking broke from donating before that. Unless you really don't care.

DealzOnWheelz
11-22-2007, 06:16 PM
great post

TechnoGuyRob
11-22-2007, 06:23 PM
Will this finally convince the naysayers?

Seriously people you have gotten the word from the campaign, you have now heard Ron Paul himself say it. So do you want to win this election or set some damn record with the teaparty? I seriously hope to not see $5.00 donated on December 16th anymore. EVERYONE should already be fucking broke from donating before that. Unless you really don't care.

....did you not just hear Ron Paul say he expects to and wants December 16th to be huge? :p

hddn-agnda
11-22-2007, 06:24 PM
Well, Paul said he needs more money and more votes. If we add 2 and 2, we can see he needs more supporters, has everyone who reads this called everyone else in their address book?

I'm starting to call people I haven't spoken to since high school.

I joined my old High School group on Myspace and I've been hitting every single person up. We need to triple out efforts. I was a halfway decent athlete in school. I ran Cross Country and Wrestled... the times that I lost, I had to crawl off the mat, due to exhaustion. You never give up, and you never give in. This cause is worth pledging our lives for.

....did you not just hear Ron Paul say he expects to and wants December 16th to be huge? :p

It's pathetic to think that us giving up a few dollars is anything near what the Declaration of Independence was... The Declaration of Independence was a suicide pact. So these are the options.

Matthew Zak
11-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Ron Paul is encouraging us to donate now and later. Period. Just do it.

Donate now.

Donate on the 16th.

There's nothing to talk about here.

dircha
11-22-2007, 06:28 PM

Yes I did.

I heard him say that he wants it to be huge, I heard him say that he doesn't care if its huge unless we also win, and I heard the official campaign with which he has entrusted his strategy and his success tell us that we will not win if we only focus on making December 16th huge.

Why is this so hard to understand? We can have both. Ron Paul himself is telling us: do both. The only people for who this is an issue is a small number of discontents spamming this forum who are hell bent upon breaking some kind of record on the 16th for their own satisfaction and ego above Ron Paul winning.

dircha
11-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Ron Paul is encouraging us to donate now and later. Period. Just do it.

Donate now.

Donate on the 16th.

There's nothing to talk about here.

How could it be any more clear than this folks?