PDA

View Full Version : 12 Mil by 12/16, 8 Mil on 12/16, 20 Mil Total

fourameuphoria
11-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Ok, first off, fear not, I'm not advocating any new moneybombs, I myself would prefer a 10 Million day, but I'm just trying to provide some perspective:.

If we hit $12 Million a little bit before 12/16, I think that itself might be a story. Not a huge story, but it'll get some attention.

If we do hit $12 Million, no doubt, $10 Mil will be diluted.

However, assuming we hit $12 Million early, I think there will be plenty of room for about $8 Million on 12/16.

I think $8 Million would still be a really good number.

a) We've hit $12 Million, so anything is good.
b) It'll still beat Kerry and Hillary's record
c) It's somewhat of a double of $4 Million, so it'll still be perceived very well
d) It should allow us to hit $20 Million, something which, in itself, will be a big story.

SpicyItalian739
11-22-2007, 05:45 PM
I had proposed this in my thread the other day when the campaign sent the email that angered everybody.

We really need to work on both of these goals concurrently.

12 million by Dec. 16th

10 million more on Dec. 16th - 8 is ok too, as long as we break 20 million!

aspiringconstitutionalist
11-22-2007, 05:48 PM
I was just about to propose this idea as well. Good thinking.

dircha
11-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Good to hear your thoughts.

To be honest it is a little silly to be talking about this in terms of "our plan" or "our preference". Please understand that no one here controls this. Like Congressman Paul we are along for the ride. We can put our feet out and push a little, but no one person can change the course.

Those who read this forum are only a small subset of Ron Paul supporters. Posts on these forums can plant a seed, but that is it.

Some people post here as if by posting and waving our arms we are commanding vast armies of supporters to heed our beck and call. That just isn't the case.

I don't know about other people, but I am here to discuss Ron Paul, to help to plan and promote grass roots activities that compliment the direction the official campaign is leading us, and to counter irrationality and unhelpful dissent.

literatim
11-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Every dollar donated before the 16th is every dollar that doesn't get donated on the 16th.

dircha
11-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Every dollar donated before the 16th is every dollar that doesn't get donated on the 16th.

This is not a zero sum game.

It seems more likely that there were many people who thought that by donating $100 on December 16th they would be "doing their part" and this would be enough.

The campaign has urged us that this is not enough, and no doubt as a result of this communication many people who had planned to donate only on the 16th will now donate sooner, and still donate on the 16th.

T206
11-22-2007, 06:02 PM
when the campaign sent the email that angered everybody.

I guess I'm not "everybody" sorry for not being angry the email. :rolleyes:

dircha
11-22-2007, 06:05 PM
I guess I'm not "everybody" sorry for not being angry the email. :rolleyes:

No kidding. I guess I'll have to write the campaign an angry email or something.

0zzy
11-22-2007, 06:09 PM

The goal is to raise 100 on that day. It'd be useless to have 1000 people max out, we need to show that there is support, average of 100 donated per person.

Drknows
11-22-2007, 06:20 PM

Then lets just go all out the 30th. People get paid around that time plus everyones getting anxious.

The wheels have already been set in motion, Trevor set the site up and emailed everyone.

its up to us to get every single supporter on board within 8 days. If you want to have a big day the 30th is your chance,

That still gives everyone 2 weeks to come up with more money for the 16th. I mean look at how motivated everyone was to start another mass donation site right after the 5th. People were willing to donate again in 2 weeks. i think we waited too long and underestimated the grassroots.

The time is now people, Can you feel it? Just think we will have a surge in traffic right after the debates.

I was against this idea but once again im all for it. WHOS WITH ME?

Paul4Prez
11-22-2007, 07:50 PM
My plan for a twenty-one million dollar quarter, blowing the competition out of the water:

$9 million so far
$4 million by donating $100,000+ per day for the rest of the year.
$1 million on Nov. 30th mini-bomb day.
$7 million on Dec. 16th, breaking Hillary's record

IHaveaDream
11-22-2007, 08:21 PM
I"m all for digging deep on the 30th and the 16th, but I honestly think it's a bad idea to associate an opposing candidates name (Rudy) to a fundraiser for Dr. Paul. First it was the "V for Vendetta" thing and now this. We need to win the hearts and minds of many more people and that requires that we demonstrate the maturity and insights to be taken seriously in the political arena. It's going to take a lot more than a knack for fundrasing to gain the support of the populace. Gimmicks just make us look silly.

jgmaynard
11-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Huh? How did Rudy come into this?

I looked up the history of Nov 30 and that day in 1950, Truman refused to rule out the use of nuclear weapons in Korea - this could tie in with all the RINOs saying they would use nukes in Iran. It's also the anniversary (1993) of the Brady Bill being signed into law - could get gun folks behind us.

JM

IHaveaDream
11-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Huh? How did Rudy come into this?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=40070

jgmaynard
11-22-2007, 10:07 PM
Ah, the reading list.

I still like my ideas better, but if 15k people have already been sent info about it, so be it. :)

JM