PDA

View Full Version : President Obama wants to violate online privacy, STOP CISPA

dennydem40z
02-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Hi everyone, I will be brief under CISPA which is planned on being voted on next week, The Department of Homeland Security will be in charge of without any warrant or jurisdiction to be able not only try pry into your personal information but be able allow without a warrant your employers to view what you look at online even at home and especially when just applying for a job, be able to block and shut down websites including some of are favorites like Drudge Report and even Newsmax.com. This bill can also without a warrant allow the Government to view your e-mails and Credit Card numbers which again includes anyone just requesting information about you including what you buy. The Tea Part must take privacy seriously. One more thing I should mention under this CISPA bill you cannot SUE YOU ISP for giving out your information without your consent. As this article states towards the last CISPA bill the bill immunizes all participating entities ‘acting in good faith.’ So what happens when an ISP hands over mountains of data under the encouragement and appreciation of the federal government? We can’t sue the government, because they didn’t do anything. And we can’t sue the ISP because the bill forbids it.”

http://nelsnewday.wordpress.com/2012/04/26/house-votes-yes-on-cispa-erases-rights/

Here is a list of what CISPA will do if passed:

- Online banking and trading: dead as we know it. Who is going to use online banking services, knowing that anyone from a local police department snoop, to a federal spy agency, to even random private companies might be watching your every trade, and your purchase history, without a warrant or court involvement of ANY kind.

- The ‘adult entertainment’ industry: dead as we know it. Big Brother is watching you. If CISPA becomes law, which it appears on the fast-track to do, who will watch knowing that others are watching you.

- Online health databases and discussion forums such as WebMD: dead as we know it. Who will ask intimate health questions, knowing that your identity is not even semi-anonymous any more?

- Online suicide helplines, depression forums, political discussion communities: dead as we know it. Same reason as above.

- Legitimate criticism of the government: dead as we know it, especially if you are a “job seeker” who doesn’t want any blemishes on your record to get in the way of surviving.

- Online communities like Reddit: dead as we know it. So much for the semi-anonymous, crowd-sourced hive-mind brilliance of multi-million user social communities.

- Facebook: dead as we know it (although they don’t seem to care). Who will use the service, knowing that countless other companies could be watching and logging every profile and photo you view, every message you send or receive, and every connection you’ve ever made.

First read this article, remember this is the same CISPA as before:

http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/281963-house-intelligence-committee-leaders-to-re-introduce-cispa-next-week-

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/mike-rogers-pledges-to-revive-cispa-87437.html?hp=l10

Please sign this petition to stop CISPA remember this is the same bill as before and it will violate your privacy online and call your House members in Congress 2022243121 and tell them NO to CISPA:

http://www.cispaisback.com/

Thanks

sailingaway
02-10-2013, 10:09 PM
I'll contact my Rep and Senators against it.

muh_roads
02-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Wikipedia needs to be involved. They were a tremendous help in taking down sopa pipa by turning their lights off and redirecting visitors on how to complain about crap like this.

Constitutional Paulicy
02-11-2013, 12:16 AM
Wikipedia needs to be involved. They were a tremendous help in taking down sopa pipa by turning their lights off and redirecting visitors on how to complain about crap like this.

The effort against SOPA and PIPA was rewarding but the bastards just packed them together and introduced an even more damaging CISPA. If we are fortunate enough to kill CISPA, don't be surprised when they introduce CRAPA then SHITA and on and on and on.

WarAnonymous
02-11-2013, 12:32 AM
Every Republican in the House in my state voted for CISPA. My congressman is a (D) and he always votes in favor of civil liberties NO CISPA, No NDAA, No Pat act, No FISA. However after I have contacted both Senators multiple times and the office has told me they plan to release a press release on their side, I have yet to see anything from either (R) or (D)