PDA

View Full Version : Dorner now "officially" labeled a "Domestic Terrorist".

Anti Federalist
02-10-2013, 05:32 PM
See ya'll in Camp FEMA

$1M reward offered in manhunt for fired cop

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/02/10/ex-cop-manhunt-continues/1906999/

5:38p.m. EST February 10, 2013

LOS ANGELES -- City officials offered a $1 million reward Sunday for information leading to the capture of fugitive ex-cop Christopher Dorner, accusing him of "domestic terrorism'' in targeting law enforcement officers and their families.

Police Chief Charlie Beck said the reward was the largest ever offered in Southern California and includes contributions from businesses and private individuals as well as public funds. Dorner has been accused by police of the shooting deaths of three people, one of them a police officer and another the daughter of a former officer.

"Why so large?'' Beck said. "This is an act, and make no mistake about it, of domestic terrorism. This is a man who has targeted those who we entrust to protect the public. His actions cannot go unanswered.''

Making a show of solidarity, mayors and police chiefs from several affected are communities joined Beck and Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa in announcing the reward. FBI and U.S. Marshals service officials joined in the announcement.

"We will not tolerate a killer targeting our officers and their families, targeting innocent people in this city and in this region,'' Villaraigosa said.

The manhunt for Dorner, 33, resumed Sunday with a scaled back search of a mountain resort area, now covered with snow, east of the city. Dorner's burned-out Nissan pickup was found Thursday, and authorities said remnants of camping gear and weapons were found in the charred vehicle on a forest road in the Big Bear area of San Bernardino County.

Beck said police were searching elsewhere too and that protective teams are guarding more than 50 families believed to be targets of Dorner because of ties to law enforcement, including many named in Dorner's online "manifesto" vowing revenge for his own derailed career.

"Our search continues in and around the areas where we have known targets,'' Beck said.

Dorner is wanted in connection with a double homicide and the killing of a police officer in a rampage that police say stems from his dismissal from the Los Angeles Police Department in 2008.

Police are investigating a taunting phone call that Dorner may have made to the father of the woman they believe he killed, Monica Quan, a week ago. Two law enforcement officers who requested anonymity because of the ongoing investigation told the Associated Press they are trying to determine who made the call to Randal Quan, a retired Los Angeles police captain, days after the killing.

The caller allegedly told Randal Quan that he should have done a better job protecting his daughter. Monica Quan was found dead of multiple gunshots with her fiance in a car outside their Irvine condominum.

Randal Quan practiced law after leaving the force and represented Dorner during his internal personnel hearings within the Los Angeles Police Department.

"Hopefully the reward will motivate people that may be involved with assisting him (Dorner) or might be reluctant to talk to us to call us and to put an end to this," Los Angeles police Sgt. Rudy Lopez said.

Officials will re-examine allegations by Dorner, that his law enforcement career was undone by racist colleagues, Police Chief Beck announced Saturday. While he promised to hear out Dorner if he surrenders, Beck stressed that he was ordering a review of his 2007 case because he takes the allegation of racism in his department seriously.

The Los Angeles Police Department has a troubled racial legacy. A community of online sympathizers has formed, echoing complaints against police that linger in some communities. One Facebook page supporting Dorner said "this is not a page about supporting the killing of innocent people. It's supporting fighting back against corrupt cops and bringing to light what they do."

In his rambling manifesto, Dorner cited a string of perceived injustices, discrimination and slurs leveled his way from childhood to his brief service in the LAPD Department as a motivation for his revenge rampage aimed at law enforcement.

Beck said he has directed the department's Standards Bureau and his special assistant for constitutional policing "to completely review'' a complaint Dorner brought against his training officer that led to the internal board hearing and his termination for false statements. He said it would include "re-examination of all evidence and a re-interview of witnesses.''

"We will also investigate any allegations made in his manifesto which were not included in his original complaint,'' said Beck, whose force has long been an object of complaints from minority communities, but which has also been praised by community leaders for reforming itself over the past decade.

Beck, in explaining his actions, said, "I am aware of the ghosts of the LAPD's past and one of my biggest concerns is that they will be resurrected by Dorner's allegations of racism within the Department.

"But, I also know that we are a better organization now than ever before; better but not perfect,'' Beck wrote. "Fairness and equality are now the cornerstones of our values and that is reflected by the present diversity of the department. We are a majority of minorities, almost exactly reflecting the ethnic makeup of Los Angeles.''

Police swarmed into the Big Bear mountain community in the San Bernardino mountains Thursday after Dorner's burned-out pickup truck was found. They followed his tracks until losing them.

On Saturday, helicopters with heat-sensing technology were aloft searching for any thermal clues to Dorner in the mountains.

A spokeswoman for the Irvine police, who were taking the truck as evidence in their double-murder investigation, said the truck's axle appeared to have been damaged. But Lt. Julia Engen said Saturday that it was unknown whether the damage occurred before the fire, when Dorner was driving it on a remote, unpaved forest road, or when it was towed from the forest by authorities Thursday afternoon.

Cindy Bachman, spokesperson for the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, told reporters that Dorner's mother owns undeveloped property in Arrowbear, about 35 miles away from the scene. She said authorities searched and cleared that site.

Also, newly released surveillance video showed Dorner tossing several items into a Dumpster behind an auto parts store on Monday. The store's manager told FOX5 in San Diego that an employee found a magazine full of bullets, a military belt and a military helmet. Majid Yahyai said he and the employee took the items across the street to a police station.

Earlier Friday, another warrant was served at a house belonging to Dorner's mother. Officers collected 10 bags of evidence, including five electronic items.

In his online manifesto, Dorner vowed to use "every bit of small arms training, demolition, ordnance and survival training I've been given" to bring "warfare" to the LAPD and its families.

The chairman of the review board that heard Dorner's case told the Orange County Register that he is under police protection and has not been able to leave his home and family because of Dorner's threats.

"I haven't been able for the last few days to go outside my house,'' Capt. Phil Tingirides told the newspaper. "Am I afraid? Well, I hesitate to use the word... but I saw what he did to his attorney.

"I recognize by being the chairman of the board that read the final verdict, he will be equally enraged by my part in it,'' Tingirides said.

Police said they had created a multi-agency task force to handle the Dorner case, including the Los Angeles, Irvine and Riverside police departments, FBI, U.S. Marshals and other law-enforcement agencies.

The manhunt, however, was not confined to the mountainous areas. Thousands of heavily armed police remained on the lookout throughout California, Nevada, Arizona and northern Mexico for a suspect they say is bent on revenge and willing to die.

SpreadOfLiberty
02-10-2013, 05:33 PM
1 million....hmm

phill4paul
02-10-2013, 05:40 PM
"Why so large?'' Beck said. "This is an act, and make no mistake about it, of domestic terrorism."

The TRUTH of the matter is now exposed. How many will heed?

To some it is as loud as a clarion. To others static. Back ground noise.

squarepusher
02-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Well, he does seem to fit the description of terrorist ya? not that the LAPD arguably doesn't either.

phill4paul
02-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Well, he does seem to fit the description of terrorist ya? not that the LAPD arguably doesn't either.

No. He doesn't. He is not threatening the individuals that make up America's civilian structure. He is not making war on America. He is not threatening the national infrastructure.

oyarde
02-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Where is LA getting the 1 million ?

CaptUSA
02-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Wow... a million dollars to find a cop that killed some people?

If this trend continues, I hope they have a big wallet.

mczerone
02-10-2013, 05:50 PM
No. He doesn't. He is not threatening the individuals that make up America's civilian structure. He is not making war on America. He is not threatening the national infrastructure.

No, he's threatening those who "are entrusted to keep you safe" - and if they're not there keeping you safe, you must be terrified.

Nevermind that the very thing that set this guy off was the callousness, corruption, and dangerous nature of the LAPD, and that in "protecting citizens" they've already shot more innocents than this guy killed.

I don't support this guy's ends (from what I've seen he just wants a softer-gentler, more "equal" police state) or means (violence) - but I still regard the LAPD organization as the bigger terrorist.

aGameOfThrones
02-10-2013, 05:50 PM
"Why so large?'' Beck said. "This is an act, and make no mistake about it, of domestic terrorism. This is a man who has targeted those who we entrust to protect the public. His actions cannot go unanswered.''

And the innocent people being terrorized by police?

Edit: i think I shouldn't have made that question. Why is there a helicopter above me?

AGRP
02-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Is the LAPD domestic?

alucard13mmfmj
02-10-2013, 05:55 PM
""We will not tolerate a killer targeting our officers and their families, targeting innocent people in this city and in this region,'' Villaraigosa said."

huh... besides the captain's daughter and fiance... the two MIGHT be the only people that dorner killed.

It seems to me the police is targeting innocent people lol.

BlackJack
02-10-2013, 06:01 PM
""We will not tolerate a killer targeting our officers and their families, targeting innocent people in this city and in this region,'' Villaraigosa said."

huh... besides the captain's daughter and fiance... the two MIGHT be the only people that dorner killed.

It seems to me the police is targeting innocent people lol.

Well they have in the past 4 days.

I wonder how would they feel if a gang of libertarian militias held a press conference and said, "We will not tolerate the LAPD targeting civilians in order to assassinate a disgraced police officer."

Although that won't happen in the next 4 yrs after we're officially deemed slaves by the govt.

phill4paul
02-10-2013, 06:02 PM
"Why so large?'' Beck said. "This is an act, and make no mistake about it, of domestic terrorism."

The lines are drawn. To speak in his defense is "aiding and abetting."

Henry Rogue
02-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Clearly their lives are worth more than our's. I don't think they put a million dollar bounty out for a killer of the mundane.

tod evans
02-10-2013, 06:16 PM
The propaganda arm is working overtime...:mad:

Origanalist
02-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Clearly their lives are worth more than our's. I don't think they put a million dollar bounty out for a killer of the mundane.

Not a chance.

pcosmar
02-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Hmm,,

Copy Cats ?

AGRP
02-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Let alone one within a week.

squarepusher
02-10-2013, 06:21 PM

So fiance of daughter of member of the police force is not civilian? I'm sure we can all go a few degrees of separation to be be related to law enforcement in somehow.

phill4paul
02-10-2013, 06:27 PM
So fiance of daughter of member of the police force is not civilian? I'm sure we can all go a few degrees of separation to be be related to law enforcement in somehow.

Directed target. As yet unproven.

Is every murder to be considered "terrorism?" Does each and every murder justify federal interaction?

Cleaner44
02-10-2013, 06:39 PM
This is a man who has targeted those who we entrust to protect the public. His actions cannot go unanswered.''

The elephant in the room is that people don't believe that the LAPD protects the public. They seem to protect themselves more than anything. Don't take my word for it, just ask the public that they protected and served no less than 46 bullets for driving a truck because their suspect also drove a truck before he burned it many miles from LA.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef017ee85cb1e4970d-640wi

http://www.kcra.com/image/view/-/18465180/medRes/2/-/maxh/460/maxw/620/-/o47hk8z/-/img-Manhunt-continues-for-former-LAPD-officer.jpg

Anti Federalist
02-10-2013, 06:59 PM

Circular Force Continuum.

Policy was followed.

Paid adminstrative leave.

Combat Quals and promotions.

Who the fuck are the "terrorists" in this picture?

ItsTime
02-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Who shoots into a truck tailgate to try to hit the people inside?

Anti Federalist
02-10-2013, 07:02 PM

Cops are "civilians".

Anti Federalist
02-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Who shoots into a truck tailgate to try to hit the people inside?

Terrorists.

alucard13mmfmj
02-10-2013, 07:07 PM
police should be shooting the engine or the tires if the truck is not an immediate threat. you'd only shoot inside the passenger cabin if the truck is being threatening (running at high speed towards you or firing the first shots)

phill4paul
02-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Circular Force Continuum.

Policy was followed.

Paid adminstrative leave.

Combat Quals and promotions.

Who the fuck are the "terrorists" in this picture?

If, IF, a group of citizens were to arrest these cops. Give them a trial in their own court. Convict them of attempted homocide and throw them in a pen in the back yard for 20 years. How. Would the government respond?

Anti Federalist
02-10-2013, 07:13 PM
"But, I also know that we are a better organization now than ever before; better but not perfect,'' Beck wrote. "Fairness and equality are now the cornerstones of our values and that is reflected by the present diversity of the department. We are a majority of minorities, almost exactly reflecting the ethnic makeup of Los Angeles.''

I'll rest so much easier knowing that the SWAT raiders that will blow my house up with grenades at oh dark thirty will be racially "diverse".

Joy...Equal Opportunity Fascism...delightful.

noneedtoaggress
02-10-2013, 07:15 PM
If, IF, a group of citizens were to arrest these cops. Give them a trial in their own court. Convict them of attempted homocide and throw them in a pen in the back yard for 20 years. How. Would the government respond?

Domestic Terror Group.

AGRP
02-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Terrorists.

Reported.

Anti Federalist
02-10-2013, 07:16 PM

That's terrorist talk.

They'd respond with a drone strike, more than likely.

sailingaway
02-10-2013, 07:19 PM
what's going through my mind is 'how dare they?' how dare they turn our nation into a battlefield because they want to, and call crimes terrorism to justify it? Bonnie and Clyde weren't terrorists, they were criminals. Ditto this guy assuming he is guilty and he should have due process before determining anything of the sort.

shane77m
02-10-2013, 07:19 PM

LOL

ItsTime
02-10-2013, 07:21 PM
what's going through my mind is 'how dare they?' how dare they turn our nation into a battlefield because they want to, and call crimes terrorism to justify it? Bonnie and Clyde weren't terrorists, they were criminals. Ditto this guy assuming he is guilty and he should have due process before determining anything of the sort.

The president can decide who is and who is not a terrorist why not police? We are getting a glimpse of the next 5 years.

phill4paul
02-10-2013, 07:24 PM
That's terrorist talk.

They'd respond with a drone strike, more than likely.

One man's "terrorist" is another's "community service representative." ;)

alucard13mmfmj
02-10-2013, 08:02 PM
i wonder if the police threatened dorner's family or use his family to try to flush him out.

mczerone
02-10-2013, 08:06 PM

Why do we need to arrest them for proper due process? We can just send them a notice to appear, present a case against against them, and issue a duly reasoned judgement for restitution.

The biggest issue for us is crafting an appropriate judgement and enforcing it.

awake
02-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Domestic terrorism up to this point has been a general concept. I was wondering when they would find a domestic Osama Bin Laden, now hiding in the hills, to ramp up the "apparatus".

P3ter_Griffin
02-10-2013, 08:31 PM
I wonder if he made Obama's list... :toady:

bunklocoempire
02-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Terrorist you say?

So hey government, hows 'fighting them over there so we don't have to fight 'em over here' working out for ya?

It's not? lol

Madness. :mad:

Carson
02-10-2013, 08:43 PM
I suppose it should still be okay to hope that justice prevails...

then again I could be sadly mistaken.

Carson
02-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Here are a couple of songs the radio played the other morning if you want some thread music while your reading.

Sly and the Family Stone - Stand!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Yakl_xIkc

The Wallflowers - Love is a Country (Lyric Video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QurwXR_Qq5g

squarepusher
02-10-2013, 08:52 PM
i wonder if the police threatened dorner's family or use his family to try to flush him out.

absolutely I'm sure all his family is being monitored 24/7 for any contact, although I doubt they will start executing random family members until he shows up.

Brian4Liberty
02-10-2013, 09:17 PM
"Why so large?'' Beck said. "This is an act, and make no mistake about it, of domestic terrorism.

You heard it first right here on RPF:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?403925-The-first-CNN-terrorist

This is how it always starts. Targeting the Police first. Nothing new here. This is how it started in Kosovo. Target the Police, the police lash back. The terrorists get the sympathy of the population. Instead of being inspired by some other issue or philosophy, this guy is a true neo-American terrorist. Inspired by CNN, MSNBC, and American political correctness.

Cody1
02-11-2013, 02:08 AM
police should be shooting the engine or the tires if the truck is not an immediate threat. you'd only shoot inside the passenger cabin if the truck is being threatening (running at high speed towards you or firing the first shots)

You're new at this aren't you? Lol

ghengis86
02-11-2013, 02:51 AM

The lines are drawn. To speak in his defense is "aiding and abetting."

Providing material support. Aiding and abetting. I dont think you know how correct you are. The 'domestic terrorist' label allows them to basically do anything they want. Any last shred of any Constitutional protections available to US citizens on US soil is completely gone. Let that sink in for a minute.

All that shit we've been screaming about for years happening 'over there' has just landed on our shore.

Slippery slope we said.
What will stop them when it comes to us we asked.

Oh, STFU you nit jobs! These rag-heads deserve it. The president needs these powers to keep us safe. There's nothing to worry about! Bush is looking out for the conservative, middle class Americans! Obama is a Constitutional scholar; civil rights will be protected!

Fuck, fuck, fuck...all our worst fears are catalyzed in the gov's response to Dorner.

Time to get your head right and get ready. This is just the appetizer, and the rest of us are the main course.

Demigod
02-11-2013, 02:53 AM
You heard it first right here on RPF:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?403925-The-first-CNN-terrorist

This is how it always starts. Targeting the Police first. Nothing new here. This is how it started in Kosovo. Target the Police, the police lash back. The terrorists get the sympathy of the population. Instead of being inspired by some other issue or philosophy, this guy is a true neo-American terrorist. Inspired by CNN, MSNBC, and American political correctness.

Please don't compare Kosovo to the USA.Kosovo has been/is/and will be such a clusterfuck that anything less than a complete scorched earth campaign and maybe a few tactical nukes would be just kidding around.Not to mention that the situation was completely different.

tangent4ronpaul
02-11-2013, 04:00 AM
There are terrorists in the USA?

No wonder the gvmt started another undeclared war and invaded America...

-t

tod evans
02-11-2013, 04:08 AM
There are terrorists in the USA?

No wonder the gvmt started another undeclared war and invaded America...

-t

But, but.......Didn't you listen to the propaganda?

They're protecting you and I.......It's for the children, it's for our own good!

Don't you love 'Merika?

pacelli
02-11-2013, 06:50 AM
So they've got drones, and thermal imaging, and millions of rounds of ammunition, and facial recognition technology, and gunshot microphones, and missiles that can open a can of spam from 1500 miles away, and hordes of black uniformed moose looking for 1 guy, and they can't find him?

I'd say the enemy has constructed a house of cards, and this dude just called "BULLSHIT" on all of it. I think there's a lesson to learn here, but as a mundane I'm too stupid and not 'in the know' to figure it out.

Next thing you know, this guy is going to shapeshift into the bogeyman.

asurfaholic
02-11-2013, 06:58 AM
If i lived in CA, particularly LA, I would be moving the hell out. Police state in overdrive, and that was before all this happened.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-11-2013, 07:00 AM
The president can decide who is and who is not a terrorist why not police? We are getting a glimpse of the next 5 years.

Shit's gonna be ugly.

So they've got drones, and thermal imaging, and millions of rounds of ammunition, and facial recognition technology, and gunshot microphones, and missiles that can open a can of spam from 1500 miles away, and hordes of black uniformed moose looking for 1 guy, and they can't find him?

I'd say the enemy has constructed a house of cards, and this dude just called "BULLSHIT" on all of it. I think there's a lesson to learn here, but as a mundane I'm too stupid and not 'in the know' to figure it out.

Or they know where he is, plan to drone strike him, but aren't getting the level of sympathy and support they expect by calling him a "terrorist."

Anti Federalist
02-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Can't rep that enough.

Providing material support. Aiding and abetting. I dont think you know how correct you are. The 'domestic terrorist' label allows them to basically do anything they want. Any last shred of any Constitutional protections available to US citizens on US soil is completely gone. Let that sink in for a minute.

All that shit we've been screaming about for years happening 'over there' has just landed on our shore.

Slippery slope we said.
What will stop them when it comes to us we asked.

Oh, STFU you nit jobs! These rag-heads deserve it. The president needs these powers to keep us safe. There's nothing to worry about! Bush is looking out for the conservative, middle class Americans! Obama is a Constitutional scholar; civil rights will be protected!

Fuck, fuck, fuck...all our worst fears are catalyzed in the gov's response to Dorner.

Time to get your head right and get ready. This is just the appetizer, and the rest of us are the main course.

shane77m
02-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Now that Dorner is officially labeled a terrorist, I wonder if individuals that support him in word and or in deed will get to experience all of the niceties of the NDAA?

Want an all expense paid trip to Guantanamo? Start a web site or Farcebook page promoting Dorner. Want to totally disappear from society? Give him some type of help.
Want to get investigated by some alphabet agency? Post a favorable comment about him.

Dark_Horse_Rider
02-11-2013, 11:44 PM
" . . . is Mr. Brown controlled by remote ? "

with public sentiment towards drones in U.S. skies and the war on terror dwindling . . .

. . . remember underpants man was brought in to make body scanners " acceptable " to american public

bolil
02-12-2013, 01:02 AM

Precedent is being established, protocol is being perfected.

Shane Harris
02-12-2013, 01:19 AM
Wow.

Dark_Horse_Rider
02-12-2013, 10:57 AM
. . .