PDA

View Full Version : Why isnt this illegal immigrant being deported?

itshappening
02-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Breitbart News has learned that one of the witnesses at the Senate Judiciary Committee hearings on immigration next week will be outspoken illegal immigrant Jose Antonio Vargas--who will be seated at the same table as Chris Crane, leader of the Immigrations and Customs Enforcement employees’ union that is suing the government over Obama administration rules that make it very difficult for ICE agents to arrest illegal immigrants.

Vargas, who works as a journalist, arrived in the U.S. from the Philippines at the age of 12, but is not eligible for the administration’s new guidelines because of his age. He will be speaking for his advocacy organization, Define American. Other witnesses include Janet Murguía, president of the National Council of La Raza (“The Race”); high-tech pioneer Steve Case; and Jessica Vaughn of the Center for Immigration Studies.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/02/08/Exclusive-Illegal-Immigrant-to-Testify-in-Senate-Next-Week--Alongisde-ICE-Employees-Leader

-

So he's an admitted illegal immigrant; why isnt he arrested and sent back to the Philippines?

phill4paul
02-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Selective "law" enforcement.

BuddyRey
02-10-2013, 01:44 PM
I know I'm in the minority here, but I think if someone's been here since childhood, has a job, and can speak English, he's earned his citizenship. I'm perfectly willing to let cases like his slide.

itshappening
02-10-2013, 01:51 PM
I know I'm in the minority here, but I think if someone's been here since childhood, has a job, and can speak English, he's earned his citizenship. I'm perfectly willing to let cases like his slide.

He should apply for a residency visa.

BuddyRey
02-10-2013, 02:32 PM
He should apply for a residency visa.

If he's got a sponsor and about 15 grand to spend in the process, that would be great. But if not, he's screwed. I know from experience, the naturalization and citizenship process in this country is brutal. It even destroyed my dad's business. :(

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?253855-I-d-Like-to-Share-a-Personal-%28and-True%29-Immigration-Story-With-Everybody

I at least wish they'd consider privatizing it to companies who could process the requests faster and more efficiently. There are so many worthy people who could be helping us build our country right now being held back.

itshappening
02-10-2013, 02:36 PM
If he's got a sponsor and about 15 grand to spend in the process, that would be great. But if not, he's screwed. I know from experience, the naturalization and citizenship process in this country is brutal. It even destroyed my dad's business. :(

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?253855-I-d-Like-to-Share-a-Personal-%28and-True%29-Immigration-Story-With-Everybody

I at least wish they'd consider privatizing it to companies who could process the requests faster and more efficiently. There are so many worthy people who could be helping us build our country right now being held back.

Yes, this is the kind of immigration reform that should be made. Grant them residency visas's which then leads to a green card which then leads to citizenship which is the already established system is it not? that means they become citizens in about 12-15 years which gives them time to become familiar with the culture and the constitution and then they will be able to make the 'correct' choice at the ballot box by hopefully rejecting Democrats.

If you give citizenship to millions who can't speak English and don't understand the constitution they're just going to be glorified Democrat registration schemes and they will vote for left wing crap and demand benefits.