PDA

View Full Version : What To Make of This: Former FBI Agent Outs Next CIA Head Brennan As A Muslim

libertygrl
02-10-2013, 01:22 PM
What are yout thoughts on this? Right away, I figured it must be Neo-con propaganda to once again
perpetuate the myth of evil Muslims wanting to take over the country, and used as a smoke screen to keep
people in the dark about the real enemy.

But why would they say this about Brennan? Isn't he pro- war, pro- Israel, etc.?? Just trying to figure it
out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S73fkmE0Is&feature=player_embedded

Here's info on the former FBI agent:

John Guandolo operates as the Vice President of Strategic Planning and Execution for a nonprofit consultancy firm that concentrates its research and advisory services on organizations within the global Islamic movement, particularly the Muslim Brotherhood. The firm, Strategic Engagement Group, Inc. (SEG), provides detailed reports and training seminars to members of the CIA, FBI, Congress, and other national and state-level organizations. Mr. Guandolo meets regularly with clients, briefing them on the recent actions of particular people or groups of interest. Mr. Guandolo also delivers strategic and tactical analysis of his research, providing advice on various courses of action.

Prior to joining SEG, John Guandolo spent 12 years with the FBI in the Counterterrorism Division, including two years as a Subject Matter Expert on the global Islamic movement, during which he developed the Bureau’s first counterterrorism education and training course that dealt specifically with the threat from the Islamic movement. For this, Mr. Guandolo gained the recognition of U.S. Senators John Kyl and Joseph Lieberman and received the Defender of the Homeland award from the Center for Security Policy. Mr. Guandolo also received two awards for Investigative Excellence from the U.S. Attorney’s office for his work as a Special Agent.

In addition to his investigative work, he served as the Washington, D.C., field office SWAT Team Leader and became an Advanced Capability Medic.

John Guandolo attended the U.S. Naval Academy and earned his Bachelor of Science in Engineering before joining the Marines, initially deployed as an Infantry Platoon Commander during the Desert Storm operation. For Desert Shield, Mr. Guandolo functioned as the Platoon Commander, Assistant Operations Officer, and the Airborne and Diving Officer for the 2d Force Reconnaissance Company. He ended his affiliation with the Armed Forces after seven years of service.

Apart from his professional responsibilities, Mr. Guandolo trains and participates in triathlons. He lives near Washington, D.C., where he enjoys camping and hiking.

To read more about John Guandolo's background and his work at Strategic Engagement Group, Inc., please visit the official company website at StrategicEngagement.org.

h ttp://about-john-guandolo.com/

Ender
02-10-2013, 01:31 PM
A few years ago, when I was still a teen, I predicted that Muslims would become the Jews of the 21st Century, in terms of ideological hatred and persecution.

Had a lot of neocons mad at me for that statement.

acptulsa
02-10-2013, 01:34 PM
And here I thought 'undercover muslims' referred to people in burkahs...

sailingaway
02-10-2013, 01:42 PM
and here I thought the Constitution prohibited a religious test for holding office.

oyarde
02-10-2013, 01:45 PM
I have never meet Brennan.He worked for the CIA for 25 yrs, dabbling alot of South Asia, was Station Ch. in the Kingdom of Saud. I doubt he could be a person of any type of great faith.

Zippyjuan
02-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Bit more info on Guandolo: http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/09/the_strange_case_of_the_philandering_fbi_agent.php

An FBI agent who worked on the corruption case of former Louisiana Congressman William Jefferson resigned after superiors found a list he wrote of his sexual conquests with agents and a confidential source, according to court documents.

The same agent, John Guandolo, who is married and who unsuccessfully solicited a $75,000 donation for an anti-terrorism group from a wealthy witness in the Jefferson case with whom he was having an affair, resigned from the FBI and appears to have landed on his feet on the speaking circuit playing up the threat of Islamic terrorism.

The affair list was first reported by Allan Lengel at ticklethewire.com

and

Perhaps it’s not a surprising that Guandolo has emerged issuing what can charitably be described as overheated warnings about Islamic extremism. From the Shelbyville Tennessee Times-Gazette in February:

Every major Muslim organization is controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood, the former FBI agent said, which he said was formed to overthrow America and establish Islamic law.
“They’re having great success of implementing Shariah law, I could give you a thousand examples,” Guandolo said.

He seems to be seeing Islam threats everywhere.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/02/15/425947/tennessee-county-sheriffs-office-brings-in-anti-muslim-speaker-to-train-officers-about-muslim-culture/?mobile=nc

Tennessee County Sheriff’s Office Brings In Anti-Muslim Speaker To Train Officers About Muslim Culture

By Amanda Peterson Beadle on Feb 15, 2012 at 11:00 am

A former FBI agent who has said a mosque in Murfreesboro, Tennessee has no legal right to exist will be training the county sheriff’s department about Muslim culture and terrorism threats. John Guandolo, vice president of the Strategic Engagement Group, will lead the training for Rutherford County officers at the World Outreach Church in Murfressboro.

Speaking at another Tennessee church in November, Guandolo said local mosques are front organizations for the Muslim Brotherhood. “They do not have a First Amendment right to do anything,” Guandolo said then. And the pastor at World Outreach Church, the Rev. Allen Jackson, urged the Rutherfod County Commission to not allow a mosque to be built in Murfreesboro. “I would submit to you that we have a duty here at home to understand thoroughly the nature, the intent, the funding of any group that is being invited into our community under that general banner (of Islam),” Jackson told the commission in July 2010.

I think his claims lack crediblity.

libertygrl
02-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Bit more info on Guandolo: http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/09/the_strange_case_of_the_philandering_fbi_agent.php

and

He seems to be seeing Islam threats everywhere.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/02/15/425947/tennessee-county-sheriffs-office-brings-in-anti-muslim-speaker-to-train-officers-about-muslim-culture/?mobile=nc

I think his claims lack crediblity.

Thanks for the great find. I agree with you. But I'm still curious as to what /who is to gain by saying this about Brennan and connecting him to the M. Brotherhood. Especially when you consider that he's for these drone strikes and wars. I mean, it would have made more sense to say this about Hagel since neo-cons are so concerned about him being anti-Israel.

pcosmar
02-10-2013, 02:24 PM
I am suspicious of anyone that would take the job. And no warm fuzzies for anyone offered it either.

libertygrl
02-10-2013, 02:53 PM
I am suspicious of anyone that would take the job. And no warm fuzzies for anyone offered it either.

Good point.

COpatriot
02-10-2013, 03:25 PM
The Beckbots and Hannity fanatics will run wild with this.

I'm just waiting for someone to publish the Protocols of the Elders of Islam.

oyarde
02-10-2013, 03:39 PM

Yes ,and anyone who could work there 25 years....

pcosmar
02-10-2013, 03:58 PM
The Beckbots and Hannity fanatics will run wild with this.

I'm just waiting for someone to publish the Protocols of the Elders of Islam.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?388548-A-Hot-Potato

If you have not read it,, I would suggest it strictly for educational purposes.

Working Poor
02-10-2013, 04:09 PM
well I heard Dick Cheney does not approve of him so what does thst tell you?

Who would you pick to be the top criminal of the world?

HOLLYWOOD
02-10-2013, 04:19 PM
I have never meet Brennan.He worked for the CIA for 25 yrs, dabbling alot of South Asia, was Station Ch. in the Kingdom of Saud. I doubt he could be a person of any type of great faith.AND... There's history between OBL, Brennan, Michael Scheuer, and George Tenet. I would like to get Sheuer's history/opinion on it all. I'm currently waiting for a response.

TheGrinch
02-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Did not watch much of the video, but what I make of it is it's likely just more partisanship to continue to divide Americans in two camps (divide and conquer, as they seem to be doing great at during our divider and chief's administration).

Zero chance the guy would be running the CIA if he wasn't a "team player".

juleswin
02-10-2013, 04:35 PM
I have never meet Brennan.He worked for the CIA for 25 yrs, dabbling alot of South Asia, was Station Ch. in the Kingdom of Saud. I doubt he could be a person of any type of great faith.

+rep
I highly doubt Obama, Bush, Clinton etc are any kind of christians. These people are evil people who if they actually read the bible (at least the good parts of it) wouldn't be doing what they do. My guess is that they are religious just for political reasons and in the case of Brennan, I don't see any political reason why he would want to be a muslim.

vita3
02-10-2013, 04:39 PM
AND... There's history between OBL, Brennan, Michael Scheuer, and George Tenet. I would like to get Sheuer's history/opinion on it all. I'm currently waiting for a response.

Hollywood,

Scheuer already wrote an article saying Brennan will serve his own interests not America

http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/2013/02/06/john-brennan-as-cia-chief-would-serve-his-own-interests-not-americas/

compromise
02-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Well, he is covertly aiding Islamic fundamentalists in Libya, Egypt and most likely Syria too.

Dunno whether he's a Muslim or not, but he certainly is serving the interests of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Zippyjuan
02-10-2013, 09:38 PM
+rep
I highly doubt Obama, Bush, Clinton etc are any kind of christians. These people are evil people who if they actually read the bible (at least the good parts of it) wouldn't be doing what they do. My guess is that they are religious just for political reasons and in the case of Brennan, I don't see any political reason why he would want to be a muslim.

Bush claimed to be Christian- and started major wars with both Afghanistan and Iraq. "Turn the other cheek" "Love thine neighbor and forgive your enemies" "Thou shalt Not Kill". Many conservatives aren't really Christian either.

fr33
02-10-2013, 09:48 PM
The Israel-Firsters on twitter are shitting themselves on this story so it's probably not true. Plenty of other reasons to oppose Brennan though.

anaconda
02-10-2013, 09:57 PM
I don't care what religion any government employee is.

Feeding the Abscess
02-10-2013, 11:03 PM
These same assholes are the ones who call Grover Norquist a Muslim infiltrator. Fuck them and the horse they rode in on.

Then grind the horse up and ship the meat to England.

BlackTerrel
02-17-2013, 08:15 PM
I don't actually believe this conspiracy theory but it's interesting that many of the same people who generally believe many conspiracy theories so quickly dismiss this one because they don't like it and/or it doesn't fit their world view.

His "evidence" is this video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VQbAhqHoAo

He is speaking to a Muslim student group in NYU and in Arabic calls Israel - Palestine and Jerusalem "Al Quds". And he then jokes "don't tell the non-Arab speakers what I said". He then says:

"In Saudi Arabia I saw how the Saudis fulfilled their duty as custodian of Two Holy Mosques in Mecca and Medina. I marveled at the majesty of the "Hajj" [the Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca].

Except that non-Muslims are not allowed entry to Mecca:

Today, more than 15 million Muslims visit Mecca annually, including several million during the few days of the Hajj.[7] As a result, Mecca has become one of the most cosmopolitan and diverse cities in the Muslim world,[8] and non-Muslims are prohibited from entering the city.[9][10]

So either he's lying in the video or he converted to Islam.

BlackTerrel
02-17-2013, 08:18 PM
Does the axiom still hold that as soon as the mainstream starts targeting people with labels like "right-wing" and "conspiracy theorist" they must be on to something?

New wingnut conspiracy theory: John Brennan is a secret Muslim sleeper agent (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/02/10/1186127/-New-wingnut-conspiracy-theory-John-Brennan-is-a-secret-Muslim-sleeper-agent)

BlackTerrel
02-17-2013, 08:20 PM
A few years ago, when I was still a teen, I predicted that Muslims would become the Jews of the 21st Century, in terms of ideological hatred and persecution.

Not really though. No one actually believes this theory except for a few loonies on the right and on the internet.

In fact this Guandolo guy who is a former marine and former FBI expert claims he was kicked out of the FBI for being anti-Muslim. If what you're saying is true wouldn't Guandolo be promoted?

Anti Federalist
02-17-2013, 08:20 PM
Pfffftt...Muslim, Christian, atheist, Buddhist, Zoroastrian, student of Zen, snake handler, voodooism, member of the Church of What's Happening...

You get to the head of CIA and you're working for Satan.

pcosmar
02-17-2013, 09:52 PM
Pfffftt...Muslim, Christian, atheist, Buddhist, Zoroastrian, student of Zen, snake handler, voodooism, member of the Church of What's Happening...

You get to the head of CIA and you're working for Satan.

That right there is the truth.

oyarde
02-17-2013, 10:08 PM
That right there is the truth.

Looks that way.

idiom
02-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Well if he isn't Wahabbi then Al Qaeda will hate him more than if he wasn't muslim.

Ender
02-17-2013, 10:30 PM
Not really though. No one actually believes this theory except for a few loonies on the right and on the internet.

In fact this Guandolo guy who is a former marine and former FBI expert claims he was kicked out of the FBI for being anti-Muslim. If what you're saying is true wouldn't Guandolo be promoted?

Don't know much about US politics, do you?

oyarde
02-17-2013, 11:09 PM
I don't actually believe this conspiracy theory but it's interesting that many of the same people who generally believe many conspiracy theories so quickly dismiss this one because they don't like it and/or it doesn't fit their world view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VQbAhqHoAo He is speaking to a Muslim student group in NYU and in Arabic calls Israel - Palestine and Jerusalem "Al Quds". And he then jokes "don't tell the non-Arab speakers what I said". He then says:

"In Saudi Arabia I saw how the Saudis fulfilled their duty as custodian of Two Holy Mosques in Mecca and Medina. I marveled at the majesty of the "Hajj" [the Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca].

He wasStation Ch. in Saud , he would have seen people come and go to go to Hajj , he would not be allowed .

BlackTerrel
02-18-2013, 06:32 PM
He wasStation Ch. in Saud , he would have seen people come and go to go to Hajj , he would not be allowed .

"In Saudi Arabia I saw how the Saudis fulfilled their duty as custodian of Two Holy Mosques in Mecca and Medina. I marveled at the majesty of the "Hajj"

The Hajj is the pilgrimage to Mecca. Which he saw. He also saw how the Saudis protected the Two Holy Mosques in Mecca and Medina. He saw all that without ever stepping foot in Mecca?

Anyway I don't really give a shit either way. I just find it interesting how the people who generally believe many conspiracy theories and shun anything "mainstream" or "official story" immediately dismiss this one off hand.

There's as much "evidence" of Brennan being Muslim as there is of Obama being born in Kenya. But the people who want to believe Obama was born in Kenya don't want to believe that Brennan is Muslim.

oyarde
02-18-2013, 11:41 PM
"In Saudi Arabia I saw how the Saudis fulfilled their duty as custodian of Two Holy Mosques in Mecca and Medina. I marveled at the majesty of the "Hajj"

The Hajj is the pilgrimage to Mecca. Which he saw. He also saw how the Saudis protected the Two Holy Mosques in Mecca and Medina. He saw all that without ever stepping foot in Mecca?

Anyway I don't really give a shit either way. I just find it interesting how the people who generally believe many conspiracy theories and shun anything "mainstream" or "official story" immediately dismiss this one off hand.

There's as much "evidence" of Brennan being Muslim as there is of Obama being born in Kenya. But the people who want to believe Obama was born in Kenya don't want to believe that Brennan is Muslim.

I see your point , I have no idea where Obummer was born , not sure he does . I care not what religion they are, suspect both have none, too evil for that .

BlackTerrel
02-23-2013, 03:37 PM
I see your point , I have no idea where Obummer was born , not sure he does . I care not what religion they are, suspect both have none, too evil for that .

I suspect if the accusation was that he was a different religion more here would consider this guy credible.

timosman
09-20-2018, 11:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKKIoQ-xhOo

Wooden Indian
09-20-2018, 04:39 PM
I'd prefer my politicians (being forced to have them at all) be Christian. "Be" not claim.

That said, were they Atheist, Buddhist, or Church of The Spaghetti Monster, I would not mind, as long as they were pro-liberty.

Someone here that is familiar with the Islamic faith, please try to help me understand how Islam isn't anti-liberty through and through.

I'll even give ya the "back in the day they all did some crazy stuff, but..." arguments, and wont hold their history against them- just what you know of them/their faith.

So, if you have time, maybe share what you know about 'em in the modern world that doesn't actively oppress individuals and lay waste to freedom.

I used to feel like y'all, but the more and more I listened to their own words and to their own "mainstream" Imams here in the US... I just cant see them as ANYTHING BUT a threat (I mean in the States, in positions of political power. I dont feel that they are a threat from the M.E. itself, and we should get the hell out of there, and stop meddling in regime changes under the guise of "MURICA FREEDUMBS") to me and all I hold dear.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

timosman
09-20-2018, 07:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6OmDCFzSUY

Wooden Indian
09-21-2018, 04:13 AM
I'd prefer my politicians (being forced to have them at all) be Christian. "Be" not claim.

That said, were they Atheist, Buddhist, or Church of The Spaghetti Monster, I would not mind, as long as they were pro-liberty.

Someone here that is familiar with the Islamic faith, please try to help me understand how Islam isn't anti-liberty through and through.

I'll even give ya the "back in the day they all did some crazy stuff, but..." arguments, and wont hold their history against them- just what you know of them/their faith.

So, if you have time, maybe share what you know about 'em in the modern world that doesn't actively oppress individuals and lay waste to freedom.

I used to feel like y'all, but the more and more I listened to their own words and to their own "mainstream" Imams here in the US... I just cant see them as ANYTHING BUT a threat (I mean in the States, in positions of political power. I dont feel that they are a threat from the M.E. itself, and we should get the hell out of there, and stop meddling in regime changes under the guise of "MURICA FREEDUMBS") to me and all I hold dear.

Bump.

Ender
09-21-2018, 12:27 PM
Bump.

There are more religious sects in Islam than there is in Christianity; the ones heard most from MSM are usually those controlled by the alphabets or who have become "terrorists" from having their countries destroyed.

Here is a link to an Islamic POV on freedom:

Islam considers freedom to be a natural right of the human being. Life becomes devoid of worth when freedom is not present. When a person loses his freedom, his inner self dies, even though on the outside, he continues to live; eating, drinking, working, and going through the other motions of life.
Islam elevates freedom to such a level that it has made free thought the proper way of recognizing God’s existence. God says:
{There is no compulsion in religion. Guidance is clear from error.}
The verse negates the use of compulsion in religion because religious belief is the mightiest thing that a human possesses. This makes it quite clear that compulsion is not tolerated in any other matter. It is also clear that the human being is independent in what she possesses and does without being subjected to the will of anyone else. The individual has free will and free choice.

http://www.masjidma.com/2011/02/03/concept-of-freedom-in-islam/

Swordsmyth
09-21-2018, 06:35 PM
There are more religious sects in Islam than there is in Christianity; the ones heard most from MSM are usually those controlled by the alphabets or who have become "terrorists" from having their countries destroyed.

Here is a link to an Islamic POV on freedom:

http://www.masjidma.com/2011/02/03/concept-of-freedom-in-islam/

The important question is which beliefs dominate islamic culture, tiny minority sects don't make any difference when determining immigration priorities, also remember that the Soviet constitution waxed about freedom etc. as well.

timosman
09-25-2018, 10:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQQYWmOCTGA

timosman
03-24-2019, 12:10 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VQbAhqHoAo

He is speaking to a Muslim student group in NYU and in Arabic calls Israel - Palestine and Jerusalem "Al Quds". And he then jokes "don't tell the non-Arab speakers what I said". He then says:

bump

unknown
03-24-2019, 01:36 AM

Not for nothin but is any religion pro-freedom?

Anti Globalist
03-24-2019, 07:08 AM
But I thought only people with brown skin that lived in the ME could be Muslim.