PDA

View Full Version : Is impeachment in order? Vote here

IHaveaDream
11-22-2007, 05:24 PM
War is a serious matter. So is impeachment. If the following options were available on the general election ballot next November, how would you vote?

1. Impeach President George W. Bush
2. Impeach Vice President Dick Cheney
3. Impeach both President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney
4. Impeach every government official who authorized the invasion of Iraq, regardless of the office they hold or the party they serve.
5. I do not support impeachment in this matter

me3
11-22-2007, 05:26 PM
This belongs in general politics. This is the grassroots forum.

olehounddog
11-22-2007, 05:27 PM
I go with 4. Let's just sweep the house, senate, and executive clean

austin356
11-22-2007, 05:30 PM

Put 4 men on trial for treason, GB, DC, Ashcroft, and Albo, for attacks on the Bill of Rights (not necessarily the Iraq war)
Death by hanging.

hddn-agnda
11-22-2007, 05:31 PM
What do I want: 4.

What do I think we legally can accomplish TODAY: 3.

Fyretrohl
11-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Well, interesting that people seem to want to skip the trial side and consider these guys treasons already. How about we impeach <Translates to a Political Endictment> and let the trial part carry out, as our nation is suppoosed to work on. Let's not continue the hypocrisy we are all against.

hddn-agnda

Put 4 men on trial for treason, GB, DC, Ashcroft, and Albo, for attacks on the Bill of Rights (not necessarily the Iraq war)
Death by hanging.

hanging isn't degrading enough for them, unless their heads pop off like the dude in Iraq. And all the way to the gallows, we should be able to taunt them, like they let happen to Saddam... no decorum deserved.

ronpaulfollower999
If we were to impeach Bush, we would have to impeach Cheney first. Otherwise, Cheney would be our president.

Malakai0
With a select few exceptions (like Ron Paul) every single politician in office should be impeached.

Things you here about politicians doing every day are often highly immoral and highly unconstitutional.

People talk about the act of lobbying as if its a natural part of honest politics. It literally means buying votes on important issues that affect the nation. Every time a group lobbies for something in Washington they are paying off politicians to buy their vote on an issue.

Everyone member of congress who voted yes to give Bush unilateral authority to go to war directly violated the constitution. Every single member of congress who voted yes for the military commissions act directly violated the constitution, which says quite plainly "The right of habeus corpus shall never be suspended".

I can go on and on. They are almost all guilty, some by ignorance and many due to corruption.

Paulitician
11-22-2007, 05:37 PM
I agree Malakai! And there should be term limits too. No more career politicians.

ronpaulfollower999
11-22-2007, 05:46 PM
This is one of the only problems I have with Ron Paul. He wouldn't impeach Bush or Cheney, but impeached Clinton.

I think the things that Bush and Cheney did are worst than what Clinton did.