PDA

View Full Version : An OPEN Letter to the "Grass Roots" from the Grass Roots.

hddn-agnda
11-22-2007, 05:23 PM
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

I've been lurking here for a while(roughly 2 months prior to the November 5th bomb) and I've noticed a few things that really concern me that I feel the need to get off of my chest. After I'm done, you can lock and do whatever. This is NOT a duplicate post, and this is an important point that will lose it's relevance in the mega thread.

Recently, due to the absolutely fantastic message that the Campaign has been pushing(not just recently, but for decades)--in addition to the fantastic mobilization of grass roots resources, we raised TOGETHER over 4 Million Dollars for the campaign to end Tyranny. For this effort, Ron Paul and the campaign took ZERO credit for themselves, even though the donations were made to them, for them, because of the message THEY are spreading FOR US. Stop and think about that for a moment.

WE TOOK ALL THE CREDIT FOR RON PAUL'S RECORD AND RON PAUL'S HONOR AND RON PAUL'S DEBATING SKILLS WINNING PEOPLE OVER.

The media gave us all the credit and rather than being humble, we bathed in the recognition and let our ego grow. We took all the credit for raising that money, and we forgot why we donated and what principles we were raising money to defend in the process. Now that our ego's have grown, and we found what seems like a surefire way to bring in funds--some among us have abandoned all other campaign fundraising tactics.

People who come here are almost instantly scared away, have their motives questioned, are called traitors and Hillary supporters... and for what? Because they tried to propose a new way to raise money for... ready for it... RON PAUL. Yes, that's right. People on this very forum are shouting down our own fellow supporters at every opportunity, for the very thing which we are tasked by our founding documents to do. American... or Anti-American?

Then we have the circular logic of people here such as Literatim, who cites failing to better inform the media about a massive rally taking place in one of the largest cities in the world. A rally advertised and spoken about in the Philadelphia Enquirer the day prior to the event. A rally with hundreds of police in attendence. A rally with 5000 people. A rally with literally HUNDREDS of Meetup groups being represented with HUNDREDS of Media plants trying to find the next scoop.

So in the event that the media didn't just blow it off, and a lack of adequate campaign staff caused a disruption in coordinated planning with the media, LITERATIM in his/her infinitely "superior wisdom" has said we should IGNORE A CALL FOR MONEY, and hold back. Yes. You read that correctly. Due to a lack of proper staff, we may have missed a huge opportunity. The obvious solution is to raise more money for more staff, immediately, so we don't suffer the same fate next time. But some are advocating that the solution to this problem, is to penalize Ron Paul for our failure to raise funds--by holding our funds back, and completely going against the wishes and the requests of the campaign.

THE CAMPAIGN CAN'T TALK ABOUT THE MONEY BOMB'S, OR EVERYONE WHO REGISTERED A DOMAIN WOULD HAVE TO REPORT TO THE FEC. EVERY PERSON WHO SENT OUT EMAILS WOULD HAVE TO REPORT TO THE FEC... Not only that, but the campaign would have to pay you fair market value for those domains, and that effort. So you'd cost them money, cause them problems, and ruin the campaign with legal trouble.

DO YOU NOT TRUST RON PAUL?

We trust him to make the right choices for Bills that cross his desk, for cabinet positions as President, for alliances and trade with nations, for foreign policy... But when it comes to campaign staff, the message you are sending is that your EGO is more important than FREEDOM and WINNING.

DO YOU NOT TRUST RON PAUL?

We trust him to pick his policies, but not his staff... to analyze monetary policy, but not his campaign finances... NO OTHER CAMPAIGN IN HISTORY HAS EVER TOLD SUPPORTERS TO STOP SENDING MONEY. NOT ONE TIME.

So I'm asking every person who reads this thread to donate just a SINGLE DOLLAR today, and post your confirmation number here. This isn't a matter of fundraising right here. I'm not trying to boost fundraising. I'm also not trying to cut fundraising for any other day. I am merely asking, as a show of support for Ron Paul... as a show of support for those who give when they can, instead of when they are told by outside interest groups, whose ego's have grown too inflated... will you give JUST ONE DOLLAR as a token of your appreciation for what Ron Paul and his staff are trying their hardest to do for us?

If you already plan on giving more today, please give what you intended, plus 1 dollar. Nobody give over 10 Dollars for this effort, unless you planned on donating initially anyway. This is solely to get people who would normally be holding back to give a single dollar in support. It will take you less time to make the donation than it will to respond to this post. If you can't even donate a single dollar, but are with me at least in spirit on this one, please respond with a SINGLE WORD instead of a single dollar:

FREEDOM.

Thank you, And may God help us all.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

me3
11-22-2007, 05:26 PM
please respond with a SINGLE WORD
Thanks

schmeisser
11-22-2007, 05:28 PM
supercalifragilisticexpialidocious ;)

dmspilot00
11-22-2007, 05:31 PM
You shouldn't donate $1. It will be gone after the credit card processing fees.

AlexMerced
11-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Wwrpd :)

ItsTime
11-22-2007, 05:33 PM
are you 100% sure? Dont large accounts only get a % taken?

cascade77
11-22-2007, 05:37 PM
yepp

hddn-agnda
11-22-2007, 05:39 PM

Then Donate 2. I already said this isn't about the money... we're trying to make a point here. Also, that's more than 1 word. I find it amusing that people would be concerned about wasting a dollar that is worth 4 cents anyway.

And WHAT WOULD RON PAUL DO?

He'd hire staff that he trusts, to do work that is important, to protect the interests of his constituency, who are in the process of destroying themselves. He'd thank every single donor personally, no matter when they gave, and encourage you to give sooner rather than later, because the need is NOW.

We can't win on Feb 8th, if we can't get past January 8th. December 16th will go a long way to helping us win Nevada and California. Too bad we won't make it that far unless we act now. Really, this thread wasn't about discussion. Merely a call for Unity here among supporters. We might disagree on the Means, but we definitely have the same ENDS in mind(at least some of us do... I wonder about everyone who is saying to not donate at all.)

dircha
11-22-2007, 05:39 PM

At least in retail there is a minimum fee too from what I've been told. So give more! :)

hddn-agnda
11-22-2007, 05:45 PM
At least in retail there is a minimum fee too from what I've been told. So give more! :)

Yes, I agree you should give whatever you can today. I'd even advocate giving $2300 TODAY if you have it, but for this effort, I only ask people to give something that won't have to be reported to the FEC... i.e. less than 200 dollars.

I don't want this to devolve into an argument about how my name is Hidden Agenda, so I must have one. That's kid stuff, and all I'm trying to do is unite us behind the cause, and not our stupid fundraising tactics. I'm not a cheerleader for any tactic, just the results: FREEDOM.

If you are down with Freedom, you are down with me and you are down with Ron Paul. I'm just looking for those who will make a statement FOR Ron Paul. I've seen maybe 2 positive threads about the campaign since they sent out the email. I wanted to make sure there was one we could all get behind, but won't be taking away from anything.

If you don't have ONE DOLLAR, please save your money for bills and food, as you obviously have other needs. Hell, even some kind words about RON PAUL, or simply the word FREEDOM as a response is all we need.

hddn-agnda
11-22-2007, 07:02 PM
-_-