PDA

View Full Version : Isolationism A definition for those who don't speak english

robertwerden
11-22-2007, 04:58 PM
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Isolationism is a foreign policy which combines a non-interventionist military policy and a political policy of economic nationalism (protectionism). In other words, it asserts both of the following:

1. Non-interventionism - Political rulers should avoid entangling alliances with other nations and avoid all wars not related to direct territorial self-defense.
2. Protectionism - There should be legal barriers to control trade and cultural exchange with people in other states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolationism

Could it be that these bloggers and journalists simply don't understand the definition?
Maybe there are just fucking stupid. Ya that sounds more like it.

slantedview
11-22-2007, 05:01 PM
For those who don't speak English? I wasn't aware that isolationism is not translatable.

But yea, I get what you're saying.

dircha
11-22-2007, 05:07 PM
I don't think the definition is an issue with those who make those accusations, but I still think it is important to get out to those who are open minded and interested in making a reasoned choice in this contest.

But in most cases where I see people making this accusation directly it seems to me that they couldn't care less about what it means, they just want to smear him and jump on the bandwagon to antagonize his supporters, to undermine his candidacy, and to cover their own intellectual bankruptcy.