PDA

View Full Version : Why Nov 30 is a mistake

nyrgoal99
11-22-2007, 04:32 PM
When we raise say 300,000-1M, the media will spin it that we are losing support.

Big mistake, but whatever, some people do not know how to think

I support everyone donating, but this is going to backfire

RPTXState
11-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Whats this? a topic on Nov. 30? How rare!

/sarcasm

jake
11-22-2007, 04:35 PM
When we raise say 300,000-1M, the media will spin it that we are losing support.

Big mistake, but whatever, some people do not know how to think

I support everyone donating, but this is going to backfire

:confused:

with all due respect, the media is irrelevant, besides Nov. 30th is a money bomblet not a money bomb like dec. 16th.

Ozwest
11-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Just let it go, and allow people to make their own choices.

dircha
11-22-2007, 04:37 PM
Moderators, can we please get a separate forum for this November 30th fundraiser?

I see that it already has 500+ people signed up on http://www.rudysreadinglist.com/.

Let people debate it in a sub forum like the other fundraisers if they feel strongly about it.

Thanks!

Midnight77
11-22-2007, 04:38 PM
^^^ I second that notion.

ClayTrainor
11-22-2007, 04:38 PM
if damage was done wiht the email, it's already been done.

posting threads about it wont help... get behind and support whatever day u beleive in, or support both, like alot of us.

schmeisser
11-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah, just like they spun November 11th!

Oh wait, that didn't happen :rolleyes:

As someone who hasn't been chiming in on every single one of these space wasting threads, I am sick of the discussion.

Could you all please SHUT THE <INSERT YOUR APPROPRIATELY RATED EXPLETIVE HERE> UP!

1. Most of us quiet posters are perfectly capable of supporting both days and will support the 16th heavier. As a result, I/we will end up donating more than we would have otherwise.

2. If any of you were thinking the campaign wouldn't ask for more money before the 16th, you are extremely foolish or extremely insincere in that belief.

3. November 5th changed the strategy for the official campaign toward one that actually believes a win is possible now - tough to handle, but true. They now see a need for funds faster to keep momentum.

4. Every time they ask me for more, I/we will give it. It will only increase my total donations and not affect the 16th.

5. Press from the 16th will be great, but less than what many think. MSM has already conceded that we are a fundraising machine/phenom.

You guys are doing nothing but annoying the silent majority here (on both sides)

Please STOP!!!!!

Thank YOU

Mark
11-22-2007, 04:44 PM
Thread Duplicates (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=441844#post441844)

Please try to keep duplicate threads to a minimum.

There was already an unofficial thread pertaining to todays email. You can post your thoughts in that thread.

Starting ten threads on the same subject clutters the front page. Members need to share the limited real estate of the first page in the grassroots forum.

Thanks.

Gee whiz, can people READ what a MOD said about multiple postings?

I'm really beginning to think that these posters with relatively few posts
are just TROLLS continually trying to stir up discontent.

And half of the people responding, keeping these threads alive,
have relatively few posts too.

Troll ALERT!!

SonicInfinity
11-22-2007, 04:44 PM
Yeah, just like they spun November 11th!

Oh wait, that didn't happen :rolleyes:

As someone who hasn't been chiming in on every single one of these space wasting threads, I am sick of the discussion.

Could you all please SHUT THE <INSERT YOUR APPROPRIATELY RATED EXPLETIVE HERE> UP!

1. Most of us quiet posters are perfectly capable of supporting both days and will support the 16th heavier. As a result, I/we will end up donating more than we would have otherwise.

2. If any of you were thinking the campaign wouldn't ask for more money before the 16th, you are extremely foolish or extremely insincere in that belief.

3. November 5th changed the strategy for the official campaign toward one that actually believes a win is possible now - tough to handle, but true. They now see a need for funds faster to keep momentum.

4. Every time they ask me for more, I/we will give it. It will only increase my total donations and not affect the 16th.

5. Press from the 16th will be great, but less than what many think. MSM has already conceded that we are a fundraising machine/phenom.

You guys are doing nothing but annoying the silent majority here (on both sides)

Please STOP!!!!!

Thank YOU

No. :)

Mark
11-22-2007, 04:47 PM

Please STOP!!!!!

Thank YOU

They're just TROLLS!

Get a grip EVERYONE!

Wake up people.. and stop feeding the TROLLS already!!

Mark
11-22-2007, 04:50 PM
No. :)

For example.. a TROLL! Capito?? Understand??

theseus51
11-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Well, if it's big, the 30th is on a friday, so the big media will come on . . . saturday? Eh, I don't know.

slantedview
11-22-2007, 04:57 PM
OP: There's a billion other threads about this same topic. Quit wasting space.

Drknows
11-22-2007, 05:05 PM
just for these threads,,,,,,,,,,,

the 30th is going to be bigger than the 16th!

Mark my words.

for the next 48 hours i will be promoting this non stop.

Perry
11-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Because of this thread I am now donating on the 30th and I will encourage everyone I know to do the same.

AlexMerced
11-22-2007, 05:19 PM
good call perry, who knows maybe competitionwill make both dates perform better, free market forces :) peopleon both sides will work harder to win :)

max
11-22-2007, 05:24 PM
What I dont like about it is the prosepct of finishing with 9.4 million on 12/16 at the expense of the psychological impact of 10 million...

10 sounds so much better than 9.4

MRoCkEd
11-22-2007, 06:29 PM
I planned on donating $100 on December 16th... now I am donating $100 on November 30th ..

AND on Dec 16th!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drknows
11-22-2007, 06:33 PM
I planned on donating $100 on December 16th... now I am donating $100 on November 30th ..

AND on Dec 16th!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG look what you people have done!!!! you make sick!!! jk

Lets do it!

hddn-agnda
11-22-2007, 06:33 PM
In before the lock... this logic of the first poster could be applied to December 16th, as well...

assume for a second you don't make 10 Million... what if you make 4.1 Million?

OH NO, NOT ONLY DID YOU SCREW RON PAUL BY RUINING OUR CHANCES IN NEW HAMPSHIRE, BUT YOU SCREWED UP FEB 8TH AS WELL.

Thanks. Real Patriots.

dircha
11-22-2007, 06:39 PM
In before the lock... this logic of the first poster could be applied to December 16th, as well...

assume for a second you don't make 10 Million... what if you make 4.1 Million?

OH NO, NOT ONLY DID YOU SCREW RON PAUL BY RUINING OUR CHANCES IN NEW HAMPSHIRE, BUT YOU SCREWED UP FEB 8TH AS WELL.

Thanks. Real Patriots.

Indeed.

Please support the December 31st money bomb. All you posers telling people to wait and give all you have on the 16th are undermining the December 31st money bomb. Don't you understand how much the free media will be worth? Screw the official campaign. They don't know anything. Anyone donating before the December 31st money bomb is not a true supporter!

/sarcasm

MRoCkEd
11-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Indeed.

Please support the December 31st money bomb. All you posers telling people to wait and give all you have on the 16th are undermining the December 31st money bomb. Don't you understand how much the free media will be worth? Screw the official campaign. They don't know anything. Anyone donating before the December 31st money bomb is not a true supporter!

/sarcasm

Stop, we need to focus our attention on The 5th of november... of NEXT year
let's face it, any money bomb before that is money lost for the cause

KewlRonduderules
11-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Where's the troll-be-gone spray when I NEED it?!!!

:p

torchbearer
11-22-2007, 06:45 PM
It is so easy for people from the other campaigns to come here and spread disinfo. And with so many new people who don't know better... it perpetuates nonsense.
Of course, everyone donate when you can... but Dec 16th is our D-day, and there is a reason it was set that late... need a detailed explanation of the bigger plan, pm me.. and when i get the time, i will spell it all out for you. Until then, do as you feel you must do and don't listen to the disinfo. How to spot disinfo? Most of the time, fear is used in some form or another to compel you against reason to panic.

dircha
11-22-2007, 06:47 PM
Stop, we need to focus our attention on The 5th of november... of NEXT year
let's face it, any money bomb before that is money lost for the cause

I agree. I've seen the light!

Everyone, we need to call this entire thing off. Ron Paul is just going to have to cancel his campaign this year.

The decision has been made that everyone needs to save the money they would have donated now or on the 16th and invest it, and in 4 years we will do this for real once everyone can afford to max out. Anything less would just be throwing away free media coverage and a chance at setting a record.

As such, anyone who contributes before November 5th 2011 is a traitor to the cause and should be shunned by all true Ron Paul supporters!

I've had enough with these poseurs. It's November 5th 2011 or bust!

/sarcasm

MRoCkEd
11-22-2007, 06:50 PM
I agree. I've seen the light!

Everyone, we need to call this entire thing off. Ron Paul is just going to have to cancel his campaign this year.

The decision has been made that everyone needs to save the money they would have donated now or on the 16th and invest it, and in 4 years we will do this for real once everyone can afford to max out. Anything less would just be throwing away free media coverage and a chance at setting a record.

As such, anyone who contributes before November 5th 2011 is a traitor to the cause and should be shunned by all true Ron Paul supporters!

I've had enough with these poseurs. It's November 5th 2011 or bust!

/sarcasm
Remember remember the 5th of november (really, try to remember it! its in 4 years!)

mtmedlin
11-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Indeed.

/sarcasm

Hey Dircha, before you go off and be an ass on every board, at least try and get the date your pushing correct. It is the bare minimum level of knowledge that I would have expected.

PS. Its November!

jamesmadison
11-22-2007, 06:54 PM
When Nov. 30th fails, everyone will concentrate on Dec. 16th.

hddn-agnda
11-22-2007, 06:58 PM
When Nov. 30th fails, everyone will concentrate on Dec. 16th.

if it garners 5 dollars more than we would have raised previously, it's a success.