PDA

View Full Version : Do you plan on talking about Ron Paul during Thanksgiving Dinner?

SonicInfinity
11-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Poll, lulz.

SonicInfinity
11-22-2007, 04:02 PM
bump

ronpaulhawaii
11-22-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm a guest of Josh's family and they are ALL Ron Paul :D:D:D. Hard not to talk about the good doctor around here.

bp2519
11-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Other: Thanksgiving was a month and a half ago :D

SonicInfinity
11-22-2007, 04:49 PM
bump

Alabama Supporter
11-22-2007, 04:57 PM
Just make sure you have a yard sign in your yard if you are hosting. Conversation will be started by the yard sign.

rpfreedom08
11-22-2007, 05:00 PM
unfortunatley I try but my wife just thinks I'm retarded, she doesn't understand...

slantedview
The G-parents who are hosting our event are insane neocons and it would just be trouble to even mention Ron. I'll let the future speak for itself.

Corydoras
I don't observe Thanksgiving. Nothing against it, I just prefer to enjoy a day off work quietly.

RevolutionSD
11-22-2007, 05:09 PM
My family are all neocons who get upset at the smallest political disagreements.....I've given up on trying to talk any sense into them since they know it all!

rpfreedom08
11-22-2007, 05:30 PM
what where they before being neocons? This neocon thing is pretty new.

ronpaulfollower999
11-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Well I discussed Ron Paul over my Thanksgiving meal and found out that one of my relatives, who was a RP supporter, has switched to tax hike Huck. The good news is that one of my other relatives is going to vote for RP. She says that he makes sense, speaks the truth, and knows what he is talking about. I was surprised to hear that from this particular person because I though she was a Neo-con.

BlutStein
11-22-2007, 06:06 PM
thanksgiving was a toss up for me. One cousin came with a Ron Paul shirt on, an aunt was real interested and took a slim jimfrom me. A few more seemed open but not fully on board...but I didnt get much farther than that. My 85 year old grandfather just kept saying that Paul would make a great democract with all the come home talk, grandma liked that dennis hunter guy with his wall and all. I kept telling her his name was Duncan, but whatever.

The shocker came when I asked an uncle who looked good to him. He said none cause they were all wimp and didnt have the balls to drop nukes and really start getting a hold on the situation.....I had no words for him but figured Dr. Paul probably wasnt going to be his first pick.

dircha
11-22-2007, 06:11 PM
The shocker came when I asked an uncle who looked good to him. He said none cause they were all wimp and didnt have the balls to drop nukes and really start getting a hold on the situation.....I had no words for him but figured Dr. Paul probably wasnt going to be his first pick.

Sounds like a Tancredo man to me! I just hope he'd give us advance notice of when he planned to bomb Mecca, because I'd want to be sure I and everyone I knew was 100 millions from a major metropolitan area...

Margo37
11-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Mine wondered why they hadn't gotten any Ron Paul mail from me today? Presently correcting that!

who was a RP supporter, has switched to tax hike Huck.
How is that even possible?

hawkeyenick
11-22-2007, 06:21 PM
My family are all neocons who get upset at the smallest political disagreements.....I've given up on trying to talk any sense into them since they know it all!

easy, talk about how china owns us because of this war, and how those bonds are causing the dollar to be worth nothing

ronpaulfollower999
11-22-2007, 06:54 PM

She saw that Mike was doing better in the polls.

I even asked her, why would you support 1 term governor, tax hike Mike?

Her response, he only served 1 term?

derdy
11-22-2007, 07:07 PM
You can summarize my family experience (40 deep) by saying, "Ron Paul!"

I will only say that! however, know that I went head-to-head with the meanest of em, and I came out on top!

:D

USAFCapt
11-22-2007, 07:16 PM
I wore my new shirt and 4 of my aunts/uncles seemed pretty interested. One of them asked me "what is the alternative to the federal reserve and what was the sales pitch to get the federal reserve created in the first place?" I frankly didn't have a great answer, I just said it is bad to have them creating interest rates on their own and that they can print money out of thin air which hurts the value of the dollar.

One of them said "I appreciate your shirt but it is unfortunately a lost cause." But I think all four of them are now more aware when it comes to Florida's primaries.

noztnac
11-22-2007, 07:18 PM
My family is in South Carolina. RATS!

I even have to work.

noztnac
11-22-2007, 08:14 PM
My family is in South Carolina. RATS!

I even have to work.

Alex
11-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Well I don't have many family members convinced. My mom is. My dad is trying to decide between Huck and Ron. My Aunt and Uncle are Neocons supporting Giuliani. My Grandfather was supporting Giuliani but he seemed to like Ron.

Margo37
11-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Quote:

She needs more online and straw poll results I guess.
Happy Thanksgiving all!

Bodhi
11-22-2007, 08:52 PM
We always talk about Ron Paul... breakfast, lunch & dinner :)

jgmaynard
11-22-2007, 08:59 PM
I live in NH - we discuss politics all the time. The Presidential race and Iraq came up for quite a while. Everyone at the table is pretty sure Ron will some show in the top two in NH.

JM

Matt Collins
11-26-2009, 05:36 PM

dr. hfn
11-26-2009, 05:54 PM
yes i did :)

andrewh817
11-26-2009, 06:02 PM

Please don't waste time on people like this.........

I love political/philosophical discussions, but I find it easier to debate with strangers or good friends than family members I only see once a year.

Imperial
11-27-2009, 08:16 PM
I didn't discuss politics. But all the people that were there, I know there was a libertarian-leaning gay friend of mine, a more social conservative friend, a social conservative with a libertarian and third party streak, and a couple of more or less apathetic people who simply aren't democrats.

cska80
11-27-2009, 08:52 PM
I didn't, by my friend had an entertaining story about her discussion of politics at the table with a few Obama lovers. I was proud of my libertarian indoctrination onto her. She did well.

amy31416
11-27-2009, 10:33 PM
We did in a roundabout way. We discussed neoconservatism, foreign policy, Marxism, terrorism, Bush, Reagan, Clinton, Obama, taxes, the fact that I burned the pastry crust, revolution (funniest shit is that my mother wants another revolution! what??), the difference between terrorists and "freedom fighters," family genealogy, my kitchen nazi tendencies, the stolen/leaked environmental data, music, movies, Al Gore, cars, Christmas and inheritance taxes, Kevorkian, and a few other things.

And no drama.

It was fantastic.

Edit: And oh yeah, we talked about pot, though I think I was the only person in the room who'd ever tried it. I did learn that my mother wants to. Which kinda creeps me out and I don't know why.

RonPaulVolunteer
11-28-2009, 01:37 AM
Nope, we spoke about Climategate. One person thought that Al Gore was the most beautiful and connected (with the universe) people alive today. Apparently this is what her cult she belongs to (A Course in Miracles), believes.

Yet ironically, she doesn't believe in man-made global warming. Work that one out...