PDA

View Full Version : Judge Napolitano on Glenn Beck to "teach him true libertarian principles"? (video added)

Murray N Rothbard
02-07-2013, 09:48 AM
I was driving and heard GB mention this today. Anyone else? I couldn't verify it anywhere online.

[mod edit] for video go to post #31

The Goat
02-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Great, now Beck is going to try and tell Judge Nap what a libertarian is.

seyferjm
02-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Beck will probably just pretend to agree with everything the Judge says in order maintain the illusion that he is a "libertarian"

Murray N Rothbard
02-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Great, now Beck is going to try and tell Judge Nap what a libertarian is.

It sounded like just the opposite, which is why I'm intrigued. He seemed genuinely open to learning and was acknowledging his ignorance. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

COpatriot
02-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Same shit, different week. He'll have a guest like the Judge on to put on this mythology that he's a libertarian, and then have his favorite candidate Rick Santorum on who is the epitome of everything that is anti-libertarian.

TheTyke
02-07-2013, 10:21 AM
It sounded like just the opposite, which is why I'm intrigued. He seemed genuinely open to learning and was acknowledging his ignorance. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

ROFL!!!!! How many times is that for him now? :D

kathy88
02-07-2013, 10:28 AM

The first step would be to apologize to Ron. Then I'll listen.

erowe1
02-07-2013, 10:37 AM

seemed

That's what his job is. Seeming.

COpatriot
02-07-2013, 10:44 AM
I hope you all heard what Beck just said on his radio show. They're doing a libertarianism test and he pretty much just admitted that he IS Ron Paul on foreign policy except he wants the US to go to war for Israel.

That is pure fucking insanity. Good to know where your loyalties lie Becky.

erowe1
02-07-2013, 10:50 AM
I hope you all heard what Beck just said on his radio show. They're doing a libertarianism test and he pretty much just admitted that he IS Ron Paul on foreign policy except he wants the US to go to war for Israel.

That's not an admission. It's a lie.

cajuncocoa
02-07-2013, 10:50 AM

WTF?? :confused:

Murray N Rothbard
02-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Well in any case I'd be interested in his response to things like the non-aggression principle. I have never seen this explained to him and honestly wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't know it exists. Once I see the NAP explained to him and he doesn't get it then I'll give up on him.

erowe1
02-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Well in any case I'd be interested in his response to things like the non-aggression principle. I have never seen this explained to him and honestly wouldn't be surprised if he's unaware it exists. If he can hear the case for the NAP and still doesn't understand then I'll give up on him, but to my knowledge it's never happened.

Does the Judge ever talk about the NAP?

I haven't seen enough from him to know. But he never has that I've seen.

Shane Harris
02-07-2013, 12:10 PM
I'd love to hear Judge school him on Foreign Policy and Civil Liberties.

kathy88
02-07-2013, 12:13 PM
I know there will be Civil Liberties discussion. I HOPE they will get into FP as well. We may very well get to see Beck's head explode live!

cajuncocoa
02-07-2013, 12:23 PM
I have no idea how to find Glenn Beck anymore...where can we see/hear this event, and at what time?

surf
02-07-2013, 12:32 PM
I don't like this "movement" being associated in any way with Beck. it's kind of like being associated with Michael Moore.

erowe1
02-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Here's how the conversation is really gonna go. Beck won't really be interested in learning anything. He might throw a bone and use up a few seconds to let Napolitano rail against using drones against Americans. But then he's going to get to what he really wants to do, which is corner Napolitano and try to make him repudiate Ron Paul's tweet.

Brett85
02-07-2013, 12:48 PM
They're doing a libertarianism test and he pretty much just admitted that he IS Ron Paul on foreign policy except he wants the US to go to war for Israel.

Well, that's basically the same as Rand. Beck should be a huge fan of Rand.

sailingaway
02-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Well. This segment might be a youtube worth watching. Let me know.

sailingaway
02-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Well, that's basically the same as Rand. Beck should be a huge fan of Rand.

Oh, I'm sure he will be, in between elections. He was of Ron at the end of 2008 and in 2009/10, remember?

jct74
02-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Beck said on the radio that Judge was going to be on for the full hour.

sailingaway
02-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Beck said on the radio that Judge was going to be on for the full hour.

I always knew he'd have to reel in some of the true libertarian thinkers in the beginning to have a hope of starting a 'libertarian news network'.

I'm glad the Judge is getting the exposure, though.

ClydeCoulter
02-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Beck needs to know the libertarian stance so that he can work on his talking points during the 15/16 election cycle. Know thy enemy.

kcchiefs6465
02-07-2013, 01:28 PM
The first step would be to apologize to Ron. Then I'll listen.
And the second step would be to quit boohooing like a damn child who just fell off their bike every other program. Then I'll consider listening.

Wesker1982
02-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Hopefully NAPolitano teaches him about the NAP.

No Free Beer
02-07-2013, 02:31 PM

BULLSHIT! He realizes he made an ass of himself going after Ron and now he will try and put things back.

He is a jerk.

Just think about what he tweeted, saying Ron Paul is the newest member of the WBC. He bashed Ron on air and called him names, saying he was aligned with Code Pink, and then in the next breath he said we need to return to civility. He is an ass clown. If I were the Judge, I would say thanks but no thanks.

A Son of Liberty
02-07-2013, 05:04 PM
You have to comprehend Beck's mindset - he doesn't believe he needs someone to "educate" him. He believes that is his role. In other words, he's already got it all figured out, and that which he does not yet have figured out, he's surely not going to have taught to him on HIS television show on national television.

Glenn Beck thinks he's a "thinker". He's not, at least not to any introspective degree. Try to imagine Glenn telling Napolitano: "Oh, wow... I never thought of it that way. That's a great point." That isn't going to happen. Beck has drawn an EMOTIONAL line in the INTELLECTUAL sand across which he will not pass, and over which no one will push him.

Whatever his motives, whatever his views, Beck is an idiot-narcissist. I'm personally acquainted with this type of personality and I assure you, it is intractible, and it is dangerous, given the amount of power he has in terms of communication. Beck is in NO WAY an ally, even on the points we agree. The man is poison.

sailingaway
02-07-2013, 05:06 PM

No, he just lives on his second chances and is very practiced at 'coming around to your point of view and disingenuously pretending no one but you ever explained it well before'.

Spikender
02-07-2013, 05:22 PM
I doubt Glenn Beck will be swayed by the Judge's words, but it'll be nice to see more of the Judge. More power to him.

jct74
02-08-2013, 04:17 AM
I watched the whole episode on Beck's website and Judge wasn't on for the full hour -- it was still a pretty good interview though. Two of the three interview segments are up on theblaze.com:
http://www.video.theblaze.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=25590455
http://www.video.theblaze.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=25590463

The last interview segment is not available to non-subscribers but it's not anything special, the first two are more interesting. Judge brings up the Non-Aggression Principle in the first segment around 8:00.

Also if anyone is interested the opening monologue of the show is posted, Beck talks a lot about libertarianism and says it's time for a 3rd party (at 14:00).
http://www.video.theblaze.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=25590471&topic_id=24584158

WarAnonymous
02-08-2013, 04:58 AM
in before the rubio endorsement.

A Son of Liberty
02-08-2013, 05:34 AM
Man, I love Judge Napolitano.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when those two chat off the record.

ClydeCoulter
02-08-2013, 06:22 AM
I'm not a paid subscriber to Glenn Beck.

I want to know how The Judge answers Becks last question (video 2 end).
Revolution or Incremental reversal back to liberty and self reliance?

edit: And, oh Glenn, would you be sitting There today, if you had been thrown into a rape school (prison) instead of allowed to learn the "hard way"?

alucard13mmfmj
02-08-2013, 06:27 AM
Maybe Glenn Beck is going to co-op us... seems like it.

If Glenn Beck really embraced Libertarianism.. then he should apologize to Ron Paul. Ron Paul retired and is not running for anything. He might as well come out and do the right thing.

A Son of Liberty
02-08-2013, 06:41 AM
Maybe Glenn Beck is going to co-op us... seems like it.

If Glenn Beck really embraced Libertarianism.. then he should apologize to Ron Paul. Ron Paul retired and is not running for anything. He might as well come out and do the right thing.

Indeed. That's why I said I'd like to hear them talk off the record. Napolitano is well-known as a Ron Paul supporter. Ya have to think his name came up.

ClydeCoulter
02-08-2013, 06:49 AM
I'm not a paid subscriber to Glenn Beck.

I want to know how The Judge answers Becks last question (video 2 end).

edit: And, oh Glenn, would you be sitting There today, if you had been thrown into a rape school (prison) instead of allowed to learn the "hard way"?

Wow, Glenn, and in the opening segment, you said stuff that you could have just played videos from "Ron Paul in the Debates in 2008/12". But now you sound like you just learned it "on your own through hard knocks". Asshole.

itshappening
02-08-2013, 07:21 AM
Beck really needs to drop his defeatist third party crap. The LP has been a third party for 40 years but has gotten no where.

He should be telling his listeners to get involved in the local county GOP and setting up ways they can network with each other to elect limited government conservatives to the existing power structures.

As Larry McDonald told Ron Paul, join the party you can win in. The GOP is overwhelmingly the vehicle of choice.

Cody1
02-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Wow. Beck really is an intellectual light weight when it comes to libertarianism.

The Goat
02-08-2013, 08:13 AM
The "lets start a 3rd party" has been Republican talk show mantra for years. It used to be "the conservatives should just start a 3rd party" now its "libertarians should start a 3rd party". Funny, just a few years ago Republicans couldn't stand "conservatives" and you would never hear about libertarians. #winning

cajuncocoa
02-08-2013, 08:17 AM
Maybe Glenn Beck is going to co-opt us... seems like it.

If Glenn Beck really embraced Libertarianism.. then he should apologize to Ron Paul. Ron Paul retired and is not running for anything. He might as well come out and do the right thing.Is there any doubt?

jtap
02-08-2013, 09:17 AM
I feel dirty watching these clips since beck will count my hits as his own when I am only interested in hearing the judge talk. It's like watching Piers' clips because of his guests.

COpatriot
02-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Did anyone else nearly fall our of their chair when Beck said "some libertarians say you can't be a libertarian and believe in god"? Is this guy fucking serious? I have never heard a single libertarian say that.

Natural Citizen
02-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Wow. Beck really is an intellectual light weight when it comes to libertarianism.

Irrelevant of that though is that what he's attempting is brilliant. Was just mentioning this similarly in the Amash thread. And he'll succeed assuming the discussion stops at crying sour grapes with him.

That was a very good discussion regardless of how one wants to nitpick.

JK/SEA
02-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Hey Glenn ....nice speech there at the start...when ya gonna apologize to the millions of Ron Paul supporters that you labeled terrorists?....until then, go ahead my man and exercise your 1st Amendment right. For myself, i got a Liberty Conference to go to this monday. The R3VOLUTION continues.

BlackJack
02-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Did anyone else nearly fall our of their chair when Beck said "some libertarians say you can't be a libertarian and believe in god"? Is this guy fucking serious? I have never heard a single libertarian say that.

That's the type of shit flip-floppers say when they don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

ClydeCoulter
02-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Does ANYONE have an account to Glenn Beck?

I STILL want to know how The Judge answers Becks last question (video 2 end).

dillo
02-08-2013, 03:47 PM
how can one talk about the fundamental principles of libertarianism without mentioning the trillion dollars we spend killing people in other countries?

A Son of Liberty
02-08-2013, 03:52 PM
how can one talk about the fundamental principles of libertarianism without mentioning the trillion dollars we spend killing people in other countries?

I don't know, but from what I understand, the people we pay with that money to kill those people are heroes. So why don't you sit down, shut up, and quit hatin' on the troops, you 'Murica hatin' ***!

compromise
02-25-2013, 06:26 AM
Hey Glenn ....nice speech there at the start...when ya gonna apologize to the millions of Ron Paul supporters that you labeled terrorists?....until then, go ahead my man and exercise your 1st Amendment right. For myself, i got a Liberty Conference to go to this monday. The R3VOLUTION continues.

You can't deny there are some wacky RP supporters. Although Santorum's supporters aren't too different either.