PDA

View Full Version : Do NOT tell people what to do or when to do it

goRPaul
11-22-2007, 03:05 PM
It appears we're all taking this new email a little too seriously. With only the best intentions, I see that people are trying to take the campaign into their own hands.

I understand we all want win. But demanding that people act in a certain way does not accomplish the goal. Doing such things divides us, something we cannot afford when we are involved in the most unifying political movement America has seen in decades.

We can advise people to be kind and friendly to the media and to potential voters. We can organize grassroots events and encourage people to participate in them.

But by no means should you EVER tell people which actions they should and should not take. It's shameful and contradictory to everything our campaign and the message of liberty stands for.

Instead, we need to understand that there is a wealth of information out there, as well as a wealth of dedicated supporters who are fully capable of making informed decisions. This is what the message of liberty is about. This is what we're fighting for.

I target this message to no one in particular. But some people need to listen to this more than others.

RPinSEAZ
11-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Oh man. The fact that you're tell us what we should do while telling us to not tell others what to do is hilarious. Personally I agree, but it's funny nonetheless.

jrich4rpaul
11-22-2007, 03:09 PM
+1

Everyone should do what they want. It's just almost universally suggested that we keep things civil. And of course, allow them to donate whenever they want/can.

There are always several courses of action to take, and several fundraising ideas to choose from. Just let each other pick and support their personal best option.

For me, it's the Tea Party :D

Live free or die!

hawkeyenick
11-22-2007, 03:13 PM
ok, how about YOU not telling me what to do for starters?

American
11-22-2007, 03:16 PM
shut up...:D

goRPaul
11-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Oh man. The fact that you're tell us what we should do while telling us to not tell others what to do is hilarious. Personally I agree, but it's funny nonetheless.

ok, how about YOU not telling me what to do for starters?

Lmao, yes, I noticed the hypocrisy as soon as I posted it. I guess I have very little room to talk.

This is the same argument that I use to put down anarchy. In an anarchist society, who's going to stop someone from forming a government? The government will simply say "Hey, you can't use force to tell us not to use force." It's odd, to say the least. (on a side note, if someone who understands anarchy a little more than I do would like to explain this phenomenon to me, I'd be happy to listen.)

Richandler
11-22-2007, 03:20 PM
So 5 typical politician style answers in response to the topic...

Attack the person rather than talking about the issues. This Grassroots isn't the community it used to be.

Corydoras
11-22-2007, 03:37 PM
This Grassroots isn't the community it used to be.

Downside of exponential growth.

SonicInfinity
11-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Downside of exponential growth.

No, it isn't. It's the downside of having so many uneducated people here not knowing how to act. I mean, supporting Ron Paul is fine, but when you start acting hypocritical, nobody's going to take you (not "YOU" specifically, but others) seriously.

Corydoras
11-22-2007, 03:59 PM
No, it isn't. It's the downside of having so many uneducated people here not knowing how to act.

Actually, that is what I mean about exponential growth. We agree, basically.
:)