PDA

View Full Version : Scott Horton interviews Will Grigg TOPIC: Ron Paul/Chris Kyle

mac_hine
02-06-2013, 11:52 AM
This interview is absolutely fantastic!

Will Grigg, blogger and author of Liberty in Eclipse, discusses the life and death of ex-Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle; doubts about the bravery and heroism of soldiers in a war of occupation; Ron Paul’s controversial tweet (he who lives by the sword dies by the sword) on Kyle’s death; why many conservative Christians revere authoritarian government violence instead of the teachings of Christ; how WWII ushered in a new era of state-worship for Americans; and how guilt contributes to PTSD.

http://scotthorton.org/2013/02/06/2513-will-grigg/

green73
02-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Thanks!

green73
02-06-2013, 01:17 PM
I like the point he makes about drone operators, who also kill from a great distance. Are they heroes as well?

SeanTX
02-06-2013, 03:00 PM
I like the point he makes about drone operators, who also kill from a great distance. Are they heroes as well?

No, to the neoCon chickenhawks and their death cult you can't be a "hero" unless you are a Navy SEAL or some other sort of "Tier 1 Operator." Another man was killed along with Kyle, also a veteran, a former Marine I think, but I don't know what his name is and I haven't heard one word mentioned about him by the chickenhawks who are wringing their hands over this.

This just shows how much they really care about "the troops" in general -- they don't give a damn about them really. I remember the same thing with Benghazi, they kept going on and on about the former SEAL who died and how horrible that was, with hardly a mention of the others who were killed. I don't know, I just find the whole chickenhawk/neoCon obsession with Navy SEALs to be bizarre and childish.