PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE do not send this letter to anyone else...

Shaun
11-22-2007, 02:01 PM
The letter below came from teaparty07.com, this is a completely unbelievable letter to send out. :oPLEASE DO NOT SEND AGAIN. It is a complete and total confusion. The sooner the 30th comes and goes, so we can all get back to the ONLY EVENT that matters; Dec 16th, the more momentum we will recover. WE HAVE NO MARGIN FOR ERROR. Conventional advertising ( particularly of the average quality that the central HQ are pumping out..) will NOT win us the nomination. Dec 16TH has that chance. I won't repeat my earlier posts but get everyone you can to FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS on Dec 16th, and Trevor; YOU are the leader. Lead. That means taking us to victory. Taking us to victory means that you continue to make great decisions and most important; LEARN FROM SUCCESS AND NOT FROM FAILURE. Meaning? YOUR concept created more success on Nov 5th than ALL OTHER PROMOTIONS PUT TOGETHER. Think about that for a moment. And now let's think about what happens with 10M raised on Dec 16th..RESULT? Massive Global impact with a 10m raise.
The email that started all this from HQ was flawed. Badly.

Please ONLY send out focused emails for Dec 16th and promote the teaparty event. The reason that many people pledged was for THAT event not to receive emails about another event and another site.

By the way, this should not be a democracy. We have no margin for error and each persons opinion is NOT equal. What's important is not any one of us being "right" it's the strategic import of the persons point of view and the possibility that the input leads to victory. Winning is the only thing that counts. To do that, we need a laser and not a flashlight. Let's sober up here guys, get the 30th behind us and IGNORE ANY AND ALL FURTHER DISTRACTIONS.
Dec 17th is the day we ---- Hannity and Frank..:D

This November 5th
RudysReadingList.com vs. TeaParty07.com - let the market decide
Posted: 22 Nov 2007 12:54 AM CST
Yesterday the letter from the campaign was forwarded to me several hundred times with each email beginning with some idea of what we should do. Most all of the letters fell into two camps. One was the “lets donate now” camp and the other was the “don’t change the Tea Party!” camp.

Personally I think we can do both. We can mass donate on the 30th (see http://www.RudysReadingList.com) and create another media blitz. Because TeaParty07.com is in place we can direct the traffic and attention from the RudysReadingList.com blitz into TeaParty07.com.

Some people can only afford to donate once and we’ll lose them if they donate on the 30th, but the buzz we create should bring in enough Ron Paul supporters to fill the missing donors. So, after the 30th we simply pick things up and move forward with the TeaParty. That’s a win/win and I would love to see that happen.

However- the true, best and really only way to deal with this is just to “let the market decide”. For all of you who say, “We should only have the Tea Party day!”. You want to force all the people who want to donate sooner to your will. That’s not right. And for all of you who say, “We should all donate now!”. You want to force all those who want to save and donate to the Tea Party to your will, and that’s not right.

So the only real solution is the most simple. Put both sites out there and let the market decide. Maybe both days will be successful, maybe only one. That’s up to the collective conscious now. I can’t tell you what to do because when I do half of you get angry with me, and if I change my mind to satisfy the other side then then once again half of you get angry with me.

So there we have it, both sites are up (I’m adding graphics and banners for http://www.RudysReadingList.com shortly) and you can promote both, one or none. It’s all up to you and that’s the way it has been and should be.

In the end I think we have to admit.. it would be best if we could make both events hugely successful. There can be no complaints with winning twice. But again- it is what it is and will be what it will be. It’s up to you now..

Some are asking why is the theme for the November 30th donation day RudysReadingList.com?

This was chosen because it reflects one of Ron Paul’s campaign positions, it is an attack against the “front runner” and because of all the objections to Ron Paul held within the current republican base the stance on the war is the strongest. If we can change their minds about the war on terror I think Ron Paul will win.

If you are interested in donating on November 30th please visit http://www.RudysReadingList.com and make your pledge.

RPinSEAZ
11-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Everyone has already made up their mind about this. People aren't sitting around waiting for your opinion. Move on with your life.

spacebetween
11-22-2007, 02:02 PM
GET OVER YOURSELF.

This message is for anyone else who decides to open a redundant thread like this one.

literatim
11-22-2007, 02:03 PM
I did not give my email to the website to have that kind of crap sent to it.

ctb619
11-22-2007, 02:05 PM
I assumed everyone was like me and deleted those daily emails without hesitation. I never read them.

MozoVote
11-22-2007, 02:06 PM
Blah blah blah. Whine, piss, moan.

Has everyone forgotten how to read, and make up their own mind all of the sudden? I don't think the list members are sheep. Lighten up. It's just a communique.

Enough of this, I'll go mulch some leaves in my yard. It's more productive than reading this stuff.

AlexMerced
11-22-2007, 02:06 PM
ridiculous... You don't have to give on Nov 30th if you don't want but Trevor has been cordinating everything from the beginning we need to show solidarity to the cause not a date.

literatim
11-22-2007, 02:07 PM
I don't want unsolicited email sent to me.

piotr1
11-22-2007, 02:08 PM
You guys aren't being very nice, especially considering today is Thanksgiving.

TechnoGuyRob
11-22-2007, 02:10 PM
By the way, this should not be a democracy. We have no margin for error and each persons opinion is NOT equal.

Nothing should be sent out to tens of thousands of people that isn't approved by at least 90% of us. And especially not something that is opposed by 70% of us (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=40352).

AlexMerced
11-22-2007, 02:12 PM
We're all on the same side people, choose a date or both, and move on

Drknows
11-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Your tea party is overs!! Uhm yum yum yum yum!
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u217/WizzleMcSwizzle/oh_noes.jpg

I think everyone is overreacting.

AlexMerced
11-22-2007, 02:18 PM
they are overreacting... keep your eye on the prize

ctb619
11-22-2007, 02:18 PM
I like turkey.

KewlRonduderules
11-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Keep in mind some- not all, are shills trying to create conflict!

Please keep it all in perspective. Gees.

aksmith
11-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Early money is better than late money in politics. Always. So, I like the idea of giving on both days.

But, guys. Why in the world would you mention the opposition. Doesn't he get enough free media? If you know ANYTHING about advertising, you NEVER mention the other guys in your promotions. EVER. Please change the name to the 9/11 Reading List. Or the Restore Constitutional Foreign Policy Reading List. Maybe not as catchy, but every time this is mentioned in the media, there is going to be a great big picture of Rudy G instead of a picture of Ron P. Please consider the change and I'll give on both days.

AlexMerced
11-22-2007, 02:35 PM
lol, I think this mention of the oppsition might help though, it might get all the people googling rudy to the page ripe for the picking.

misconstrued
11-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Nothing should be sent out to tens of thousands of people that isn't approved by at least 90% of us. And especially not something that is opposed by 70% of us (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=40352).

Speak for yourself. I don't see why people are so offended by this. The sooner the campaign has money the sooner they can buy ads. They sent an email saying this and people freaked out. I think Trevor handled the situation well with the email he sent about "Rudy's Reading List". It may even get more donations in overall.

If you don't like this email (and others) remove yourself from the mailing list maybe?

AlexMerced
11-22-2007, 02:45 PM
yep, it is trevors mailing list, it isn't the only way to stay informed

I want pie, I'm hungry

Bruehound
11-22-2007, 03:10 PM
I can't believe all the immaturity this subject attracts.

SonicInfinity
11-22-2007, 03:13 PM
I agree. People are acting like children.

LibertyEagle
11-22-2007, 03:50 PM
ridiculous... You don't have to give on Nov 30th if you don't want but Trevor has been cordinating everything from the beginning we need to show solidarity to the cause not a date.

Questions:
1. Who came up with the idea for the Tea Party fundraiser?
2. Who owns the website www.teaparty07.com?
3. Is the answer to either of the above, Trevor?

Adding some extra bells and whistles to a website does not constitute ownership of an idea, or its execution. Last time I checked, ALL OF US are "coordinating everything" for this fundraiser, because we are the ones promoting it. Not to mention Lawrence who just spent close to $100k doing so. Without promotion, the tea party website and the event, are worth absolutely zilch.

Yes, we need solidarity. But, not from us towards Trevor's actions, as you seem to imply. Trevor needs to show solidarity to the grassroots by not taking it upon himself to unilaterally make a decision for all of us, that was NOT HIS TO MAKE! He had no business putting that link on the website yesterday, attempting to get people to wait for his edict from on high; nor did he have the right to send out the email to the teaparty subscribers advertising a different fundraiser with Giuliani's name on it. :mad:

For some reason, it appears that Trevor believes that he owns the Tea Party fundraiser and it is up to his whim, whether it will occur or not occur. If this is the case, we have a real problem and it needs to be rectified.

mtmedlin
11-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Questions:

Adding some extra bells and whistles to a website does not constitute ownership of an idea, or its execution. Last time I checked, ALL OF US are "coordinating everything" for this fundraiser, because we are the ones promoting it. Not to mention Leonard who just spent close to $100k doing so. Without promotion, the tea party website and the event, are worth absolutely zilch.

Yes, we need solidarity. But, not from us towards Trevor's actions, as you seem to imply. Trevor needs to show solidarity to the grassroots by not taking it upon himself to unilaterally make a decision for all of us, that was NOT HIS TO MAKE! He had no business putting that link on the website yesterday, attempting to get people to wait for his edict from on high; nor did he have the right to send out the email to the teaparty subscribers advertising a different fundraiser with Giuliani's name on it. :mad:

For some reason, it appears that Trevor believes that he owns the Tea Party fundraiser and it is up to his whim, whether it will occur or not occur. If this is the case, we have a real problem and it needs to be rectified.

ABSOLUTELY, and thank you for the response. One bomb, a big one, will make the impact that is needed.

BLS
11-22-2007, 06:29 PM
I knew I should have started Marion Barber today.

The Jets defense is terrible.

TechnoGuyRob
11-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Questions:

Adding some extra bells and whistles to a website does not constitute ownership of an idea, or its execution. Last time I checked, ALL OF US are "coordinating everything" for this fundraiser, because we are the ones promoting it. Not to mention Leonard who just spent close to $100k doing so. Without promotion, the tea party website and the event, are worth absolutely zilch.

Thank you. I full-heartedly agree. Notice Trevor didn't ask anyone whether he should do this, and it turns out that 70% of us are opposed to what he did (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=40352)!

jake
11-22-2007, 06:35 PM
We're all on the same side people, choose a date or both, and move on

Well said.

me3
11-22-2007, 06:41 PM
I knew I should have started Marion Barber today.

The Jets defense is terrible.
Hopefully you didn't have Roy Williams on your team either!

troyd1
11-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Thank you. I full-heartedly agree. Notice Trevor didn't ask anyone whether he should do this, and it turns out that 70% of us are opposed to what he did!

I disagree. There were polls and posts in the teaparty forum and many people wanted to do something like this. Trevor just picked out a date and did it. If you don't like it or want a different date, register a website and setup feedburner and post. If you don't like it, ignore it like all the other junk mail you get.

krackato
11-22-2007, 10:36 PM
I'm going to be donating $100 on Nov. 30th, and $100 (maybe $200) on Dec. 16th.

I can't even afford it to be honest.

Go watch the "Stop Dreaming" video again, and decide if you want a President who will attack Iran or if you want Ron Paul.

Don't like the contest? Don't like Trevor? Don't what's happening?

Tough. It's happening. Get on board because we don't have time to fail. If it costs an extra $100, that's what it costs to give Dr. Paul a chance.

10 years from now, you won't miss the extra $100. But 10 years from now, you will regret not finding the extra money to donate.

p.s. Yes, everything about it that sucks, sucks. Forward, forward, forward.