PDA

View Full Version : Abusive Judge or Contempt of Court? You decide.

VoluntaryAmerican
02-06-2013, 10:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLA7dQ-uxR0

phill4paul
02-06-2013, 10:14 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/03/flip-off-police_n_2403563.html

WASHINGTON -- A police officer can't pull you over and arrest you just because you gave him the finger, a federal appeals court declared Thursday.

In a 14-page opinion, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit ruled that the "ancient gesture of insult is not the basis for a reasonable suspicion of a traffic violation or impending criminal activity."

Contempt? Yeah. Fuck you and your King's Court.

Lucille
02-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Do not dis our black-robed overlords.

One guy was in court for some minor offense. He was ordered to pay a fine, and as he was walking out the door, he put his hat on. The judge freaked out, and called him back to the bench. Paraphrased:

"Why are you wearing a hat in my courtroom?"
"I was leaving."
"You put your hat on before you got out the door. Contempt. 90 days in jail."

http://www.state.il.us/court/appellatecourt/Judges/Pics/carter.gif

Since 1980, by appointment of the Illinois Supreme Court, Judge Carter has been a frequent lecturer at judicial education programs for Illinois judges on such topic areas as jury trials, evidence, contempt and domestic relations.

Occam's Banana
02-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Q: Abusive judge or contempt of court?
A: Yes.

One cannot spit at the feet of Our Black-Robed Deities and expect to get away with it. (More's the pity ...)

phill4paul
02-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Judge: I sentence you to 90 days.

Defendent: What's the charge?

Judge: No charge. It's a free service.

VoluntaryAmerican
02-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Q: Abusive judge or contempt of court?
A: Yes.

One cannot spit at the feet of Our Black-Robed Deities and expect to get away with it. (More's the pity ...)

Never mess with a man in a robe.

Confederate
02-07-2013, 07:08 PM
I side with the judge.

proudclod229
02-07-2013, 08:16 PM
I never understood the whole "contempt of court" deal.

Does the first ammendment not apply ?!

Not to mention, nobody should be put in jail for having pills.

She was being a bit of a twit, but still...no harm no foul.

XTreat
02-07-2013, 08:22 PM
You must treat the nobility with the due respect say the mouthpieces of the state. Proper etiquette is required when addressing your masters or else you will be violently accosted and placed into a cage.

Remember this the next time you are being tried for owning a non-state sanctioned substance.

Groveling is the proper response when brought before state elite class.

Seriously, the funniest part was when he said that it was serious. Possession of Xanax... Pretty sure she gave the situation and the morons involved about as much respect and gravity as deserved.

torchbearer
02-07-2013, 08:26 PM
You must treat the nobility with the due respect say the mouthpieces of the state. Proper etiquette is required when addressing your masters or else you will be violently accosted and placed into a cage.

Remember this the next time you are being tried for owning a non-state sanctioned substance.

Groveling is the proper response when brought before state elite class.

Seriously, the funniest part was when he said that it was serious. Possession of Xanax... Pretty sure she gave the situation and the morons involved about as much respect and gravity as deserved.

she should have shat on the floor too.

BamaAla
02-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Hard to tell which one is dumber.