PDA

View Full Version : Ed Koch, Dead at 88

pochy1776
02-05-2013, 01:11 AM
HE died from Congestive Heart Failure. Although most of RPF (rightfully) don't care and are bust promoting liberty. I thought about starting a thread for Ed Koch.

In my opinion, He was a good man. A ridiculed man from the right and left. The biggest, most insensitive ridicule was from Andrew Sullivan of The Daily beast for saying his closet fruitiness stopped him from ending AIDS in NYC. The (marginally) good is, The city only spent 24,500 dollars on AIDS. However, he single handedly turned a broke ass city into a gentrified suburb. To this day, as a New Yorker, I still think living here is the best thing in the world. It may not be a libertarian city, But i call it home. And for some reason, i can't leave home.

My sum up: He was an okayish mayor, He was too much of a clown, and he could have been better. Just stop the clown acting and cutting spending.

phill4paul
02-05-2013, 01:14 AM
He died three days ago...........

tasteless
02-05-2013, 05:26 AM
I was born while he was mayor, so I don't really remember him. But at the very least, I would imagine he couldn't have been worse than Rudy or Bloomberg, could he?