PDA

View Full Version : Commenters Attacking Amash

BSU kid
02-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Really this is a continuation of the thread about how Amash scolded McCain for his racist joke, and I was surprised to see the local "conservative reaction" as evidenced on this article's comment section. Americans today are almost hopeless, check out these comments:

Lori Says:
"How many wars has Amash been in? and how many times was Amash a POW? I don't think Amash knows anything about racism. If McCain wants to make a joke let him. He's served his country more than most of us can even imagine."

Carolyn Says:
This prompted me to look into Mr. Amash a little more... Not thinking his record and politics classifies him as a conservative really. Sorry McCain is an awesome American. IMHO

Linda Says:
I guess when you serve your country in war time, served as a prisoner of war and are brutally tortured and comes home to the USA to be ridiculed as being a soldier fighting in the Vietnam War, you can just say about anything without me getting too upset about it. When did you serve, Amash? Shaddup!

Ken Says:
WOW Amash you lost one voter here. SHAME ON YOU FOR USING THE RACE CARD. Just because you got booted don't take it out on others.

This is just a sampling of the fun, view them all here - http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/politics/amash-mccains-iran-tweet-racist

phill4paul
02-04-2013, 11:15 PM
Good on Amash. Fuck 'em.

sailingaway
02-04-2013, 11:19 PM
They have got to be paid to do that. We have seen McCain rallies.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9nV7XYFnv7k/SJH4tJV9OjI/AAAAAAAABE0/YRmL4YEZ6rQ/s1600/McCain+excitement.jpg

dannno
02-04-2013, 11:37 PM
I read the OP and thought "Oh man, poor people don't have electricity how are they supposed to defend themselves" :confused:

seyferjm
02-05-2013, 07:25 AM
Revenge of the sunshine patriots and armchair quarterbacks! McCain is not hero, he is a pro-war, pro-USA PATRIOT Act, pro-NDAA, and anti-liberty monster.

GO Justin!

supermario21
02-05-2013, 09:14 AM
It really amuses me...what do these people think conservative means? Even ignoring foreign policy, Amash is probably the most conservative member of the whole House!

itshappening
02-05-2013, 01:26 PM
it's the same thing at Mlive.com, the press in Grand Rapid's.

I'm convinced there's just a lot of loud mouth liberals on the internet. See twitter for an example of that. They shout down any conservatives and are not interested in debate. In fact, if you debate them they're likely to report you for spamming.

The fact that Justin gets hundreds at his town halls is a better indication and feedback from the district and the reports from them are quite supportive and good natured.

sailingaway
02-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I favorited his tweet just to show that I support HIM. Frankly, I don't think monkey is 'racist' but it is obviously an insult. I don't like calling things racist that aren't, it is such a knee jerk issue. But I think McCain should be berated just on general principles, and I support Amash as a congressman.

TheGrinch
02-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Meh, those defending Amash over this are really just as biased as the McCain people.

I think Amash was reading too much into it to play the race card, but I don't think either of their statements warrant criticism. When did everyone become such drama queens?

Michigan11
02-05-2013, 09:06 PM
I'm not a fan of any race card bs but its nice to see this pc crap being used against these pc asshats like McLame.

Danke
02-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Asked them what they think about McCain being against POW/MIA efforts. And then ask why so many POWs that were interned with him think he is a traitor who got special privileges.

cajuncocoa
02-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Meh, those defending Amash over this are really just as biased as the McCain people.

I think Amash was reading too much into it to play the race card, but I don't think either of their statements warrant criticism. When did everyone become such drama queens?
I tend to agree with your analysis, but I'd rather stand with Justin than with McCain. :)

TheGrinch
02-05-2013, 09:22 PM
I tend to agree with your analysis, but I'd rather stand with Justin than with McCain. :)

I definitely agree with you and sailing on that, I'll still always defend against those using stupid things like this as a character assassination against a good man like Amash... Just not the statement or this yet-another silly twitter drama. Frankly I'm just tired of these needless distractions that are unrelated to real issues and policy, and really wish our guys would stop feeding the drama.

Now I realize more why some in politics try to be non-controversial, not that it's necessarily right, but a tad more understandable with these kinds of drama of everyone jumping to conclusions and reinforcing their preconceptions over anything...

(And I don't mean that to offend anyone in particular, just been noticing it more since our divider in chief took office)

BSU kid
02-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Really the quotes I pulled are there to illustrate more or less the imperialist, war mongering attitudes of so called "conservatives". Was McCain's comment racist, imo yes it was but that is not the real problem here. The problem is how brainwashed and uninformed these people are, both in this article on mlive and well in any local Michigan news media.

LibertyEagle
02-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Is anyone here going over there and standing up for him????

Vanilluxe
02-06-2013, 12:28 AM
Is anyone here going over there and standing up for him????

Well, we should send Amash letters of complements and encourage him to keep standing up for liberty and not listen to those wacky trolls.

fr33
02-06-2013, 10:10 PM
Just saw this on twitter:

Patrick Dollard ‏@PatDollard

Israel-hating Congressman @repjustinamash must be upset that his hero Ahmadinejad got a shoe thrown at his face. #tcot #gop #lnyhbt #tgdn

K466
02-06-2013, 10:51 PM
I don't think Amash's tweet was productive for liberty but its not a big deal either. Those commenters are just a handful of crazies.