PDA

View Full Version : The Dilemma & The Restoration

TheTexan
02-04-2013, 10:43 PM
http://maxvelocitytactical.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-dilemma-restoration.html

I've had some thoughts swirling around inside my brain box for a while now, about the 'Dilemma' as I will term it. I was reading an entry on Mountain Guerrilla's blog titled 'Humorous Interlude (http://mountainguerrilla.wordpress.com/2013/02/03/humorous-interlude/)' HERE and it pushed me into action on this blog post.

'The Dilemma' is the 'when' and 'where' of all this. We talk about impending tyranny (or some say its already here (*see disclaimer at bottom of post)), collapse and potentially some form of civil war. We sit at our keyboards and post, and get angry, and we see more injustices done, 'no knock' raids, citizens murdered, veterans arrested and jailed for possession of 'high capacity magazines'. But we do nothing. Who wants to make the first move? Not me.

Here's the thing: I care deeply about the Constitution, Liberty, the Bill of Rights etc. I have sworn the oath to uphold those things against enemies both foreign and domestic. I joined the military to defend those things, so it stands to reason that I am willing to stand up and fight for them. However, more important to me than these bigger concepts is my family, my wife and kids. I will not put them in danger as much as I can avoid it, in order to fight for a higher ideal. True, descent into tyranny is and of itself a threat to my family and their children, but just bear with me for a moment because my intent in this post is to look at the little things closer to home right now, not so much the bigger situation.

Any civil war or resistance action will be a war among and within the population. Look at our military actions in Iraq and Afghanistan. It will not be even as 'gentlemanly' as the Revolutionary War. SWAT teams will be smashing suspected 'terrorists' doors in and killing families, or dragging them to 'concentration camps' (read up on the Boer war, where such camps were invented). Drones will strike with Hellfire missiles and wipe out whole homes. It won't even be as nice as the Civil War, with armies commanded by Generals maneuvering on distant battlefields to the smoke of cannon and musket fire. Remove such ideas from your head. This is not 'Third Manassas'!

I will state right here that any action by Patriots against tyranny is not a 'revolution' or an 'insurgency'. Given a tyrannical government it would simply be an exercising of the natural rights of citizens to fight a tyrannical government. Such action could be termed a 'Restoration' of the Constitution and the Republic.

But we are not there yet. Or are we? Right now, we are suffering the death of liberty by 'a thousand cuts', the slow authoritarian bureaucratic stifling of individual rights punctuated by flashes of violence as raids go in on random addresses in the early hours of the morning, or protesters are beaten, tazered or pepper sprayed.. The Second Amendment, our remaining means of self-defense and resistance to tyranny is under attack. We are conditioned to obedience by uniformed 'guards'.

And I sit here typing.

The frog continues to be boiled.

Patriots are a generally law abiding bunch. They don't tend to adopt 'Alinsky-esque" tactics. They are well set up, as 'conservatives with a small c' to be boiled until it is too late. You get Patriots attending gun shows in a well behaved manner, or a rodeo, or whatever. You don't get Patriots looting or flash-mobbing a Wal-Mart. Patriots are well set up to be victims of tyranny. The 'line in the sand', the moment to act, will be hard to spot. Did we pass it already or is it yet to come? When is the time for talk, for protest and political action, for campaigning over. When does the time for kinetic action begin?

So to my point: In today's 'normal' times, these current times as we all slowly boil like frogs, my primary concern is the safety of my family. If I am pulled over and some 'contraband' is found in my vehicle and my wife and kids are in the car, I will have no choice but to go meekly into the sunset. I know that if I resist the thugs will kill my family or at the very least rounds will fly and potentially hit one of my kids. Not on my watch. If that 'no-knock' raid comes through my door, and my babies are asleep in their beds, I will submit. I will do nothing to cause rounds to fly through the thin walls, as I am shot to death resisting in my pajamas and my kids are put at risk in the background. I have no faith at all in the professionalism or restraint of the idiots conducting these raids. They are idiots, and they are not professional and they are not good at what they do. They are scared and they will shoot up anything in front of them. To me, at that time, courage is in restraint, to control the boiling of the blood, the anger, and look to the safety of my kids.

Such are the fear tactics of a tyranny, the monopoly of violence.

Also, if I did decide after such an event to 'go rogue', go 'First Blood' it would not last long, until the hypothetical lone wolf (me) who used to be high speed and knows a bit about tactics and shooting, lies dead in the ditch bleeding from multiple gunshot wounds. Mosby states similar in his post. However 'high speed' former soldiers used to be, that was when we had a team, not operating alone out of our houses etc.

In my novel 'Patriot Dawn: The Resistance Rises (http://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Dawn-The-Resistance-Rises/dp/1480139688)' this is a key concern of mine. My characters take specific steps to separate the families and put them in a safe place, before training as a team in order to be able to effectively conduct resistance operations against the Regime.

Unless Patriots are organized they will be taken down one by one and piecemeal and the others boil like frogs and wonder when to act. You may counter that there are operational security concerns about organizing Really? You are on the internet already. Too late. They will come through your door, and you will either die or be arrested, and no-one will help you. Someone will post about your arrest and how wrong it was. Others will comment on your post and share it. Then they will continue to be angry at their keyboards. Then they will be taken. I am just as guilty as the rest of you.

The only way to conduct a Resistance is to take yourself away from your family. Whether that is nightly or for a longer period of time. Yes there are all those ninjas out there who resist the idea of learning small unit tactics, the essential skills of a resistance operation, and instead think they can be all clever and sneaky. I just want to drag them away from their keyboards, slap them about a bit, and take them out for some training. More PT. Drink more water.

Frankly a lot of 'Patriots' are full of crap. For many, it's just meaningless crap about 'cold dead hands' and all that. Now, this is an 'if the cap fits, wear it' moment so please forgive me if this does not apply: Have you given any consideration to how this will be, how it will actually be? Once you fail to be a ninja and you find yourself in contact with some form of Regime forces, it will not be fun. It's Big Boy's Rules at that point. Rounds will fly, cracking past you, zipping and pinging around you. It will be noisy and terrifying and you will crap your pants. You will have the choice of effectively killing the enemy with accurate rifle fire and breaking contact, or you will just die, riddled with bullets.

Can you haul your carcass away from that keyboard? Can you go out and do hard PT, drink some water, and do more PT? Can you shoot, move and communicate? Don't give me this crap about being all ninja in the woods, like some 12 year old on a computer game. If you want to be effective, you have to train. You have to train as a team. You have to work hard on the basics, because at the end of the day the basics is all there really is. It's just a case of doing it effectively. Fire and move in three second bounds until you are breathing out of your ass - 'I'm up, he sees me, I'm down'. Low crawl, high crawl - because once the rounds are flying that will be all you can do without getting your ass shot off.

What Patriots really need to do is organize and train, becoming a force to be reckoned with, a force of the people and by the people. Yes we can talk about cells, and cell structure and that may be something you want to organize and keep quiet about. But what I am talking about here is a form of protest that has political utility. A form of demonstration, a form of demonstration of force.

When the hammer falls, if it ever does before you are killed by the soft keyboard tapping of bureaucracy, what you need to know is:

1) What is my location and time to report to receive further orders?
2) What equipment do I need?
3) Who is my team and what is the chain of command?

Who knows that information right now, if you had to run from your keyboard because the Regime armored battle group just rolled into your town to conduct 'pacification' and 're-education' operations against 'domestic terrorists and constitutionalist right wing extremist patriots'?

Back to the training thing: yes, you need to be out in the woods and at the range training right now. But what I suggest is a new thing, something akin to gun shows, maybe tacked on to gun shows or organized in their own right. I'm not talking about marches. I'm talking about huge centralized training events. Pick an area where shooting and movement can be conducted, abiding by all local ordinances and safety rules. Run mass training sessions Hundreds could turn up. It doesn't all have to be live. Perhaps seminars, as well as dry tactical training in the woods. It would be militia for the masses. It would be totally legal. It would be no more serious than turning up to a gun show or a paintball/air-soft event. Relationships could be built, connections made, teams coalescing.

Anyway, it's just an idea. Right now Patriots are fractured and isolated, ready to be taken down.

On a personal note, I have been working diligently to secure a suitable tract of land in central Virginia. Because I still have a 'real job', keeping one foot in our current paradigm, Max Velocity Tactical has so far remained a side effort to my books, restricted to weekends and other people's land. This has been a limiting factor in my provision of training to those who have asked for it. Due to the realistic tactical nature of the training I provide, small unit tactics and fire and movement etc, I find commercial ranges mostly limiting and unsuitable My intent is to secure this land and then simply advertise weekend training courses I will be able to do this because I will have the training area ready to go. I will post updates on this. My ultimate aim is simply to go to full time authoring/training. To fans of Patriot Dawn: I know I know, I need to get the sequel out!

Note: for those now worried about turning up to a Max Velocity Tactical training event, don't worry, I will not hit you over the head with a keyboard and force you to low crawl through animal intestines until you vomit! I am having a tirade right now in this post, but training is tailored to the needs and progression of the trainees, not to my ego.

(*Disclaimer: please bear with me on some of my points, I am still potentially subject to UCMJ action for any 'disloyal' comments that I may make, and thus some of my points have to be made around 'hypotheticals': such as stating that we may hypothetically be facing tyranny in our country, rather than just coming out and saying it.) Such is the infringement on my First Amendment rights and is made problematic by the fact that the Commander in Chief of the U.S. Military is one and the same with the political office of President.)

TheTexan
02-04-2013, 10:44 PM
That One Unifying Moment

http://tlinexile.blogspot.com/2013/02/that-one-unifying-moment.html

Max Velocity broached the subject of when, how and where do we act [in the post above], stop at the humorous interlude site as well.

I agree with him. We are all parents of someone, children of someone, spouses of someone, girl and boyfriends of someone. We all have interpersonal relationships that deserve our attention and presence and all of this stuff about rights is secondary. It has to be. Our jobs, our income, does not just go to ourselves and our causes, it goes to schools and day care workers; it goes to keep a roof over our heads and food in the fridge.

These facts are what have kept us on the sidelines through all of the abuses handed down so far. The need to get on the flight allows the abuses of the TSA to grope and fondle children. In a rational world that could not happen, but the state has set up the scenario and you and your rights are disregarded because it doesn't hurt them to enforce the abuses. They will just call the police.

The fact that we have no chance in a confrontation with the police also keeps us mum about the rights violated against us. Yes, they have no right to enter my home, or search my car. Work it out in the courts.

The fact that we have no chance in the courtroom, because we do not have enough money to put up a proper legal defense and even if we did, we do not have lawyers that will argue the merits of our rights. They know it is pointless, because the judges don't want to hear it, they want to process the guilty through the system, nothing more.

They have already determined we are guilty because the police officer says so. He entered our home legally, because he says so. He legally confiscated our illegal weapons which are illegal, because some judge said so.

It is not that we have not tried to work this out in a legal, peaceful way, it is because we have that strengthens our backbone and hardens our resolve.

No, I don't want to do it, either. I don't want to tell my daughter that she won't be going to college next year because I quit my job to run with a rag tag bunch of angry dogs over the abuses of the government. I don't want to tell her that I will not be coming back, she can visit me in prison or the cemetery. Who on earth would want to tell their child that? Who wants to tell their mother that, or their wife that?

I don't. No one does. So, ask yourself, how is it that it could ever have happened? How is it that so many men went off to Europe or Asia to fight a war? How is it that so many went off to Lexington to stand before the mighty British? Because they were either drafted by the government to do the fighting, or they felt it was their duty to do the fighting for all of those mothers, wives and daughters.

The difference now is that it is not our government that is asking and willing to train all of us to go together to fight a foe. It is much harder now. It is a matter of individual conscience, with wavering starting times. It is not defined. It is not coordinated.

See, I think that is the strength we have, not the weakness, because they don't know our start time, either. They don't know who, because we are not organized in a way they recognize: here are the troops they will move out on this signal.

The military has for a long time fought wars under these conditions, but not domestically. They had the advantage of knowing that they did not know the people they were expected to kill.

The police are used to it, because they know how to let a little resistance turn into a reason to kill a citizen. They have militarized their policing duties, but they are not prepared to deal with issue after issue, time after time, their methods getting more and more scrutiny and their protections getting ever more unreliable as would happen in a dynamic, modern society in that the further they strain to counter resistance, the closer they get to their own families and friends.

Our targets, should we choose them, are disparate as well.

Who is the most to blame for our condition? Is it the media that has propagandized this threat, demonized us, marginalized our support, refused to hold politicians accountable for their fraud and mistreatment of us and our rights?

Is it congress that has refused to rein in the abuses of the federal government, who has allowed the oppression, even encouraged it as a way to win re-election? Is it our state governments that have ceded their responsibilities to defend us from an out-of-control federal bureaucracy?

Is it the cop in the squad car anxious to test out the new powers he has due to court cases and a wholesale disregard for the Constitution?

The problem is not that we don't want to die. The problem for the government is that we do. We are willing to lay down our lives to restore the Constitution and the rights it is supposed to protect. Where we are silent and idle is we don't want to do it for nothing. If we ask our families to bear the burden alone, without us for one reason or another, we don't want to achieve nothing, we don't want to do it alone. We want to know that when we are arrested or killed that the movement toward a restoration of the Constitution will go on without us, perhaps because we have made the commitment with our lives to fight for it.

I think the only thing we need to free us to action is a common signal, a sign, a tattoo even signaling others that we died in their cause, not just as a nut that the cops had to put down before we did an evil thing. A unified identity. So that when Joe goes out and acts to restore the Constitution we know why he did it despite the inevitable media spin and we would free the couches of our idle masses.

That one unifying moment when we all know what we are fighting for and whom, is what the corrupt government has to fear. The sad part is, they will probably kill a few million of us before the rest get it.

GuerrillaXXI
07-20-2013, 11:16 PM
This thread came up in a searching for something else. I can't urge people enough to study the blogs of "Max Velocity" and "Mountain Guerrilla":

http://maxvelocitytactical.blogspot.com
http://mountainguerrilla.wordpress.com

Those guys are giving out a lot of very sound advice.