PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Police To No Longer Respond Immediately To Burglaries, Car Thefts

green73
02-04-2013, 06:17 PM
CHICAGO (CBS) – Starting this week, Chicago police are changing their responses to 911 calls. They’ll no longer come right away to reports of things like criminal damage to property, vehicle thefts, garage burglaries, or other crimes in which the suspect is no longer on the scene, and the victim isn’t in immediate danger.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/02/04/chicago-police-changing-response-plan-for-some-911-calls/

Anti Federalist
02-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Probably Are better off.

tod evans
02-04-2013, 06:28 PM
They're too busy with their new drug war headquarters..

Lucille
02-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Life imitates art (and it IS art!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7acD4q0lp0

“I think that’s ridiculous. I think if there’s a burglary, they’ve got to come. It’s what we pay for. They have to come,” she said.
[...]
“People are upset; they want to talk to a police officer. They want to know something is being done to prevent this in the future,” sposato said.

Oh FFS. Get a shrink. That's not what LEOs are for. This is what they're for:

Crime Historians and Stick-Up Men (and Women)
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/130245.html

I speak of course of the fundamental function of the government police. They rarely, if ever, prevent a crime, contrary to all those phony-baloney cop shows on TV. What they do is show up after the crime has occurred, take down a report, and then use the report to document that crime is out of control but would not be if only we had more and better-paid cops. They are essentially crime historians.
[...]
The second function of the police is to collect taxes from us for parking too long while shopping, not wearing seat belts, etc. Every cop understands that he is a revenue-gathering machine, and that that revenue is necessary to pay his salary and perks.

You can bet Chicago cops will have plenty of time for their second function.

sailingaway
02-04-2013, 06:48 PM
I'm sure the burglers are glad to know that. Person comes home? So what? There's time to finish the job....

Cleaner44
02-04-2013, 07:12 PM
No worries people of Chicago... just grab your pistol... rifle... shotgun... nevermind, you're fucked.

The Free Hornet
02-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Their mistake, dead people don't pay taxes:

“You’re upset; you’re violated. It’s happened to me. So, you’ve got to weigh it, and I’m making tough decisions,” McCarthy said. “I’m making a tough decision, but I’d rather have that officer on the street, doing something to prevent the next shooting than – honestly – making somebody feel better, because they’re responding rather than talking to them over the phone.”

chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/02/04/chicago-police-changing-response-plan-for-some-911-calls/ (http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/02/04/chicago-police-changing-response-plan-for-some-911-calls/)

In business, you learn to grease the squeaky wheel. In government, you learn to ignore it.

paulbot24
02-04-2013, 07:48 PM
No worries people of Chicago... just grab your pistol... rifle... shotgun... nevermind, you're fucked.

DHS says we can use scissors! It's called "Duck and cutter" which means you'll probably find the people of Chicago looking like this:
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2013/01/31/news/web_photos/31.1n009.Scissors2.C--300x300.jpg

The Free Hornet
02-04-2013, 07:51 PM
They're too busy with their new drug war headquarters..

Hmmm.

The recent, fanfare-free opening of the Chicago Strike Force building comes as Mexican cartels now supply over 90 percent of the narcotics in Chicago, and as street gangs vying for turf to sell those drugs kill each other and bystanders caught in the crossfire.

Inter-agency and -department cooperation is hardly a novel concept, but typically takes the form of occasional meetings or temporary joint task forces on specific investigations, said Jack Riley, the head of Chicago's DEA office.

"But you can't talk to your counterparts in once-a-week meetings — you have to talk as things are happening," said Riley, who took the lead in pushing for the facility. "When we get information here, it's not put in a pile and forgotten. It's acted on, now."

Riley gave The Associated Press an exclusive tour of the three-story brick building. Citing security, he asked the AP not to reveal its exact location.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/02/ap-exclusive-new-drug-fighting-hq-in-chicago-seeks-to-end-inter-agency-rivalry/

Google images gave me a clue:

http://www.komu.com/images/news/ChicagoSkyline1.jpg

BAllen
02-04-2013, 08:46 PM
So basically:

1. The police are not going to respond to acts of vandalism or theft
2. Citizens cannot legally own firearms to protect themselves from these crimes.

Might as well put up a sign: Welcome to Chicago, criminals! Citizens here are unarmed, and police will not respond to calls of theft or vandalism. Have fun!!!

ghengis86
02-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Hmmm.

Google images gave me a clue:

where's a three story building?

ghengis86
02-04-2013, 09:54 PM
I'm sure the burglers are glad to know that. Person comes home? So what? There's time to finish the job....

that's no longer a burglary, but robbery

GuerrillaXXI
02-04-2013, 09:57 PM
They're too busy with their new drug war headquarters..You beat me to it.

Basically, they're going to stop focusing on certain crimes that have actual victims so they can direct more resources toward the pursuit of victimless crimes such as drug use and sales.

Yes, some idiots will claim that drug sales are associated with violence and should therefore be vigorously prosecuted. But as anyone with a brain knows, the violence results almost exclusively from drug prohibition, just as alcohol prohibition caused so much gangster violence back in the 1920s.

alucard13mmfmj
02-04-2013, 10:48 PM
no reason to be immediate because the crime has already happened.

RandPaulReview.com
02-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Good sign for the criminal element. Take away citizens guns, then announce to the public you'll no bother responding to crimes...

brushfire
02-04-2013, 11:45 PM
They're too busy working on cold cases. Chicago has ~65% rate of unsolved murders.

So ~325 of the 500+ people killed in 2011 are likely to remain at large - that is if they dont fall within the 35% of solved cases after killing more people.

Humanae Libertas
02-05-2013, 01:30 AM
Meanwhile, the Chicago police will be at your door in a heartbeat if they find out you have an "illegal" gun.

phill4paul
02-05-2013, 01:38 AM
Funny joke...

The phone rings at Chicago police headquarters.
"Hello? I'm calling to report my neighbor, Clifford. He has an assault weapon hidden in his firewood."
"Thank you very much for the call, sir."
The next day, Chicago's finest descend on the neighbor's house. They search the shed where the firewood is kept. Using axes, they bust open every piece of wood, but find no gun. They swear at the neighbors and leave.
The phone rings at the neighbors house. "Hey, Clifford, did the police come?"
"Yep."
"Did they chop your firewood?"
"Yeah. After they shot my fucking dog and burnt my 12 year old daughter with a flash bang. Are you the asshole that called them?"
"Ummm. So I suppose you won't call them to plow my garden."

yuck, yuck,yuck

jclay2
02-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Meanwhile, the Chicago police will be at your door in a heartbeat if they find out you have an "illegal" gun.

This!

presence
02-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Oh FFS. Get a shrink. That's not what LEOs are for. This is what they're for:
[]
You can bet Chicago cops will have plenty of time for their second function.

YES YES YES and YES!

Definately not statutory traffic tickets on the back burner...

ItsTime
02-05-2013, 07:58 AM
To disarm and not protect.

Pericles
02-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Re:Chicago Police To No Longer Respond Immediately To Burglaries, Car Thefts (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?403469-Chicago-Police-To-No-Longer-Respond-Immediately-To-Burglaries-Car-Thefts/page3)

Did they ever?

belian78
02-05-2013, 11:07 AM
At this point I have to believe this all has been a concerted effort to turn Chicago into a real warzone so they can justify starting the ground war in earnest there.

bolil
02-05-2013, 11:22 AM
CPD want more cash, this is there way of saying.

LibertyEagle
02-05-2013, 11:35 AM
They always have their scissors.

bolil
02-05-2013, 11:38 AM
If this were really a manpower problem, why would they make it public information? The brothers will be mounting up in earnest now... so much for skipping traffic on Division.

mello
02-05-2013, 11:45 AM
In Milwaukee, there has to be evidence of forced entry for a cop to bother to show up for a burglary. Learned that nugget of info firsthand.

tasteless
02-05-2013, 12:28 PM
It would be hilarious if crime went down and people started wondering if they needed a police department after all

idiom
02-05-2013, 01:15 PM
They're too busy working on cold cases. Chicago has ~65% rate of unsolved murders.

So ~325 of the 500+ people killed in 2011 are likely to remain at large - that is if they dont fall within the 35% of solved cases after killing more people.

That's not a cold case problem, that's a Zombie problem.

SeanTX
02-05-2013, 01:18 PM
This might be a blessing, since the police don't give a damn about property crimes anyway. In fact, their first priority when they come to take a report will be to look the crime victim up to see if he or she has any outstanding warrants they can arrest the victim for. And while they are there "investigating" they will snoop around your house and see if there are any drugs or firearms you can be arrested for. That's their top priority.

Oh, and better put your dog away so they can't shoot it (a lot of these ridiculous "cop shoots dog" stories had their start in a cop being called out to the victim's house to investigate something).

brushfire
02-05-2013, 01:46 PM
That's not a cold case problem, that's a Zombie problem.

Ah, an embarrassing omission - LOL. What I meant is that the killers of the "~325 of the 500+ people killed in 2011 are likely to remain at large"

tod evans
02-09-2013, 06:46 AM
And now only days after this release these wonderful paragons of virtue look to the tax-payer once again for largess in appreciation for less actual work....

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/02/07/chicago-police-want-12-percent-pay-raise/

CHICAGO (CBS) — Contract demands by Chicago police officers include much higher pay and something you might not have imagined.

Chicago police are reportedly proposing in negotiations that their pay increase by 12 percent over two years.

The union also wants officers to get extra money because they are required to live in the city.

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the union is proposing a residency stipend of $3,000 per officer.

Police also want to pay less for their health insurance and get more money for their uniform allowance.

The Sun-Times reports, officers also want to reach the top of the pay scale after 20 years, rather than the current 25 years.

To top pay for a patrol officer is $86,000 a year.

HOLLYWOOD
02-09-2013, 07:55 AM
Over 2000 Chicago cops make a base salary of $90K or more. Top pay is $261K... add benefits, overtime, pensions...

https://data.cityofchicago.org/Administration-Finance/Current-Employee-Names-Salaries-and-Position-Title/xzkq-xp2w

tod evans
02-09-2013, 07:57 AM
Over 2000 Chicago cops make a base salary of $90K or more. Top pay is $261K... add benefits, overtime, pensions...

https://data.cityofchicago.org/Administration-Finance/Current-Employee-Names-Salaries-and-Position-Title/xzkq-xp2w

These figures are even more ridiculous given the lack of performance by the department as a whole..