PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's Facebook page just posted about Chris Kyle

qh4dotcom
02-04-2013, 06:05 PM
No apology and Twitter was not referenced

http://www.facebook.com/ronpaul?ref=stream

As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend's violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies. -REP

A Son of Liberty
02-04-2013, 06:08 PM
Well said, Dr. Paul.

sailingaway
02-04-2013, 06:09 PM
already posted

Confederate
02-04-2013, 06:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gYsUdJG.jpg

mport1
02-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Glad he didn't backpedal and pander by calling that killer a hero.

phill4paul
02-04-2013, 07:17 PM
OK. Ron Paul posted this on his FB page. DID HE TWEET THE MESSAGE IN QUESTION? Confirmation please. No second hand account.

sailingaway
02-04-2013, 07:23 PM
OK. Ron Paul posted this on his FB page. DID HE TWEET THE MESSAGE IN QUESTION? Confirmation please. No second hand account.

We may never know. He doesn't throw people under the bus, never has. But if he did, it was awkward phrasing (not with his initials) and he put his thoughts into his facebook post.

Why have all his other tweets and posts had his initials that came from him?

but we may never know.

qh4dotcom
02-04-2013, 07:32 PM
We may never know. He doesn't throw people under the bus, never has. But if he did, it was awkward phrasing (not with his initials) and he put his thoughts into his facebook post.

but we may never know.

Tweets are limited to 140 characters...maybe he didn't have enough characters to squeeze in his initials

sailingaway
02-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Tweets are limited to 140 characters...maybe he didn't have enough characters to squeeze in his initials

Maybe, and if so, maybe he would have put his whole facebook post there were there room, and next time will just put a link to it in a tweet.

but it IS without the initials that were supposed to designate when it was him, himself.

TywinLannister
02-04-2013, 07:34 PM
"Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense"

Inappropriate post is inappropriate.

phill4paul
02-04-2013, 07:56 PM
"Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense"

And NOT Ron Paul.

Confederate
02-04-2013, 07:58 PM

He only had 1 character left, but he could have changed it a bit to fit in his initials.

phill4paul
02-04-2013, 08:00 PM

but we may never know.

Fine. We may never know. But, in this case Ron Doesn't have to throw anyone under the bus. He simply has to state.....

"I did not write this tweet. The individual that tweeted this took advantage of privileges afforded them by posting their own message. They no longer have these tweeting privileges."

loveableteddybear
02-04-2013, 08:05 PM
No apology and Twitter was not referenced

http://www.facebook.com/ronpaul?ref=stream

Paul gave himself a -rep?

Deserves a +rep

awake
02-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Dp sorry

awake
02-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Kyle started Dallas-based security firm Craft International (http://www.thecraft.com/training_MIL.html), which hosted training events at the gun range where he was killed.

Training contractors? What is Blackwater called now ?

QuickZ06
02-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Ron rustled a lot of jimmies.

pcosmar
02-04-2013, 08:28 PM

What exactly is inappropriate?
It is a statement of the truth, and an opinion in much nicer language than I would use.

Whether it was Ron or not.

All the boot licking, and heroKiller worship makes me a bit sick.

surf
02-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Dr. Paul is still my political hero for being one of the lone antiwar pro-peace people with balls.

"inappropriate" my ass.

inappropriate is "All the boot licking, and hero [Killer] worship (that) makes me a bit sick"

BlackJack
02-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Training contractors? What is Blackwater called now ?

Academi. LOL

TywinLannister
02-04-2013, 08:50 PM
And NOT Ron Paul.

Do we know that? Has he issued a statement to that effect?

Anyway, the post is inappropriate because it is inaccurate. This is not an example of someone "dying by the sword." Getting shot by a lunatic at a shooting range is not connected in any way to his military service, whether you agree with what he did there or not. Also, it was an incredibly stupid statement to make because of the way it will be interpreted. He should have just called attention to the horrors of PTSD.

You and I can afford to go on an internet forum and bitch about the troops, call them baby killers or whatever you want, someone in Ron Paul's position of influence can't make those mistakes. Just like the newsletters it is turning into a raging shitfire storm.

ETA: I find it funny that if you post something controversial here and don't post it in Hot Topics, everyone goes apeshit, as if it matters. Ron Paul makes a huge error like this that people are actually paying attention to, but most don't seem to have a problem with it.

phill4paul
02-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Do we know that? Has he issued a statement to that effect?

Anyway, the post is inappropriate because it is inaccurate. This is not an example of someone "dying by the sword." Getting shot by a lunatic at a shooting range is not connected in any way to his military service, whether you agree with what he did there or not. Also, it was an incredibly stupid statement to make because of the way it will be interpreted. He should have just called attention to the horrors of PTSD.

You and I can afford to go on an internet forum and bitch about the troops, call them baby killers or whatever you want, someone in Ron Paul's position of influence can't make those mistakes. Just like the newsletters it is turning into a raging shitfire storm.

No we don't. Which is why I am awaiting a formal response from Ron Paul regarding this tweet.

TywinLannister
02-04-2013, 08:54 PM
No we don't. Which is why I am awaiting a formal response from Ron Paul regarding this tweet.

So why make the declaration that this was "Not Ron Paul" if you don't have the facts?

sailingaway
02-04-2013, 08:58 PM
So why make the declaration that this was "Not Ron Paul" if you don't have the facts?

He's saying the tone doesn't sound at all like Ron, and I agree. It also doesn't have his initials he was supposedly going to put on his personal posts. IF it is his I suspect the tone is the result of the 140 character limit and abreviating without rereading, not being used to twitter. But since it doesn't have the initials and doesn't sound like his tone....

TywinLannister
02-04-2013, 09:01 PM
He's saying the tone doesn't sound at all like Ron, and I agree. It also doesn't have his initials he was supposedly going to put on his personal posts. IF it is his I suspect the tone is the result of the 140 character limit and abreviating without rereading, not being used to twitter. But since it doesn't have the initials and doesn't sound like his tone....

I agree with that too, it does not sound like something he would say, but why has he not issued a statement clarifying what he intended to say?

phill4paul
02-04-2013, 09:02 PM

It is an opinion. Nothing more. Based on all I know regarding Ron Paul. I await clarification from none other than Ron himself. Not a staffer. Not a blog or a FB post.

sailingaway
02-04-2013, 09:06 PM
I agree with that too, it does not sound like something he would say, but why has he not issued a statement clarifying what he intended to say?

He put out a longer facebook post, this time with his initials, but didn't say he specifically had or had not tweeted the other. It is possible he expressed the sentiment in his facebook post and someone else with access to his account butchered it in the expression in 140 characters.

TywinLannister
02-04-2013, 09:19 PM
He put out a longer facebook post, this time with his initials, but didn't say he specifically had or had not tweeted the other. It is possible he expressed the sentiment in his facebook post and someone else with access to his account butchered it in the expression in 140 characters.

I'm starting to wonder if Ron Paul is a bad judge of character when it comes to delegation. Newsletters? (Lew Rockwell?) Campaign (Jesse Benton) Tweets? (???)

K466
02-04-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm starting to wonder if Ron Paul is a bad judge of character when it comes to delegation. Newsletters? (Lew Rockwell?) Campaign (Jesse Benton) Tweets? (???)

Not Lew Rockwell, he is good, but yeah, I get your point, and it could have been a problem in a Ron Paul administration. Of course a much smaller problem than Obamney.

I like his FB post much better and think maybe he should come out with a statement on that Tweet. I'm trying to make sense out of the Tweet but can't really, it just sounds bad, and not like Ron.

mport1
02-04-2013, 10:43 PM

Yes, I think it is clear that he is. He is too nice and trusting for his own good I think. That is alright though, one big reason why people like him so much.

muh_roads
02-04-2013, 10:52 PM
This guy claimed to kill 255 people, this Chris Kyle. That's a lot of broken up families.

Bruno
02-04-2013, 10:55 PM
I only believe words came from Ron Paul when I hear them come out of his mouth myself. Not that I disagree with this statement.

donnay
02-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Here's the Faux Snooze spin...

Ron Paul tweets controversial message on murdered Navy SEAL sniper

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/04/ron-paul-tweets-controversial-message-about-murdered-navy-seal-veteran/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fmost-popular+%28Internal+-+Most+Popular+Content%29#ixzz2JzuIl3AK

Former presidential candidate Ron Paul is taking heat for a tweet he sent out Monday afternoon about the Navy SEAL who was killed at a Texas gun range over the weekend.

Chris Kyle, 38, a decorated Iraq war veteran, a former SEAL and author of “American Sniper,” was shot and killed Saturday. Police arrested Eddie Ray Routh, 25, a veteran authorities say may have a mental illness related to his military service.

In response to the news, Paul tweeted: “Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that ‘he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.’ Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense.”

The tweet set off a chain reaction of criticism online.

Aaron Worthing (@AaronWorthing) responded: “What the Hell, @RonPaul? Are you actually blaming Chris Kyle for his own death?”

Michelle Lancaster (@SkiGarmisch) added, “Very disrespectful commentary to this man, his memory and his family. Shame on you.”

Razor (@hale.razor) wrote, “So all veterans, once done serving our nation with honor, deserve to be murdered as civilians? Wow.”

"Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that ‘he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.’ Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense." - Former Rep. Ron Paul, on Twitter

Calls and emails to Paul for comment were not immediately returned. He averages about two tweets a day, typically about policy issues ranging from immigration to the Federal Reserve. Paul, who is known for his anti-war views, retired as a long-time Texas congressman earlier this year.

Kyle, the most lethal sniper in the U.S., had 160 confirmed kills. He enlisted in the Navy in February 1999 and was discharged in November 2009. He had four tours in Iraq under his belt and received 14 different awards and decorations, including two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars with Valor and two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals. After leaving the Navy, he wrote his biography, “American Sniper.”

Last year, Kyle told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that he didn’t go into the service for the money or awards.

“I did it because I felt like it was something that needed to be done and it was honorable,” Kyle said. “I loved the guys.”

Routh, a former corporal in the Marines, is being held on $3 million bond. He is also accused of killing Chad Littlefield, 35, who was at the gun range with Kyle. Routh has been charged with one count of capital murder and two charges of murder. Routh served on active duty from 2006 to 2010. He fought in Iraq in 2007 and was sent to Haiti in 2010.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/04/ron-paul-tweets-controversial-message-about-murdered-navy-seal-veteran/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fmost-popular+%28Internal+-+Most+Popular+Content%29#ixzz2JzuCppHG

Danke
02-04-2013, 10:59 PM

You wouldn't understand. Ron Paul is the real bane of the state. Not some phony.

phill4paul
02-04-2013, 11:03 PM
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori.

UpperDecker
02-04-2013, 11:17 PM
I commented on the DailyCaller article and apparently created some butthurt. I voiced my displeasure in the cult of personality with Mr. Kyle and it didn't go very well (duh!).

You should be killed by a firing squad; move to Cuba please you worthless piece of s***.

You are not a true American you creepy sub-human; too bad your parents spawned you..

Danke
02-04-2013, 11:20 PM
I commented on the DailyCaller article and apparently created some butthurt. I voiced my displeasure in the cult of personality with Mr. Kyle and it didn't go very well (duh!).

America just might be going to hell.

I'll laugh either way.

UpperDecker
02-04-2013, 11:26 PM
America just might be going to hell.

I'll laugh either way.

It is pretty disturbing haha. Somebody posted an old picture of Nazi children saluting saying that it was Ron Paul supporters. I had to correct them that it was actual those who blindly follow the US war machine. The Chris Kyle cult of personality makes me very sad.

Jackie Moon
02-04-2013, 11:27 PM
The Facebook post sounds like what Ron would say, the Tweet doesn't. I don't know if that means someone else did it or he just didn't have the space to fully express himself as he did on Facebook.

He did Tweet a link to the longer Facebook post though. Maybe in the future if he finds himself limited by 140 characters he could do that.

BlackJack
02-04-2013, 11:36 PM
Here's the Faux Snooze spin...

Ron Paul tweets controversial message on murdered Navy SEAL sniper

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/04/ron-paul-tweets-controversial-message-about-murdered-navy-seal-veteran/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fmost-popular+%28Internal+-+Most+Popular+Content%29#ixzz2JzuIl3AK

Former presidential candidate Ron Paul is taking heat for a tweet he sent out Monday afternoon about the Navy SEAL who was killed at a Texas gun range over the weekend.

Chris Kyle, 38, a decorated Iraq war veteran, a former SEAL and author of “American Sniper,” was shot and killed Saturday. Police arrested Eddie Ray Routh, 25, a veteran authorities say may have a mental illness related to his military service.

In response to the news, Paul tweeted: “Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that ‘he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.’ Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense.”

The tweet set off a chain reaction of criticism online.

Aaron Worthing (@AaronWorthing) responded: “What the Hell, @RonPaul? Are you actually blaming Chris Kyle for his own death?”

Michelle Lancaster (@SkiGarmisch) added, “Very disrespectful commentary to this man, his memory and his family. Shame on you.”

Razor (@hale.razor) wrote, “So all veterans, once done serving our nation with honor, deserve to be murdered as civilians? Wow.”

"Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that ‘he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.’ Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense." - Former Rep. Ron Paul, on Twitter

Calls and emails to Paul for comment were not immediately returned. He averages about two tweets a day, typically about policy issues ranging from immigration to the Federal Reserve. Paul, who is known for his anti-war views, retired as a long-time Texas congressman earlier this year.

Kyle, the most lethal sniper in the U.S., had 160 confirmed kills. He enlisted in the Navy in February 1999 and was discharged in November 2009. He had four tours in Iraq under his belt and received 14 different awards and decorations, including two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars with Valor and two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals. After leaving the Navy, he wrote his biography, “American Sniper.”

Last year, Kyle told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that he didn’t go into the service for the money or awards.

“I did it because I felt like it was something that needed to be done and it was honorable,” Kyle said. “I loved the guys.”

Routh, a former corporal in the Marines, is being held on $3 million bond. He is also accused of killing Chad Littlefield, 35, who was at the gun range with Kyle. Routh has been charged with one count of capital murder and two charges of murder. Routh served on active duty from 2006 to 2010. He fought in Iraq in 2007 and was sent to Haiti in 2010.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/04/ron-paul-tweets-controversial-message-about-murdered-navy-seal-veteran/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fmost-popular+%28Internal+-+Most+Popular+Content%29#ixzz2JzuCppHG

You know the Faux Nuubs operatives gotta play amateur psychological warfare.